5.0 out of 5 stars Before Bella...Toast was toast.
Published on February 2, 2010 by J. Hoffer

1.0 out of 5 stars One major design flaw in this otherwise great toaster
I can't believe more of the reviewers here are not mentioning this: This toaster does not toast a 'regular' sized piece of bread from top to bottom. I actually measured the toasted part of the bread: 3 1/4 inches, the top part remains untoasted.

Published on July 14, 2010 by Norm D Plum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Bella...Toast was toast., February 2, 2010
I spent way too many hours reading reviews and studying features of toasters. My husband finally chose for me and had Bella sent to the house. I just could not bring myself to spend that much money on a toaster. How different could it really be? Toast is toast. I had read someone commenting that the bread was toasted on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. I was skeptical. I make my own bread..sourdough, rye, and multigrain. I toasted multigrain first and was amazed. The toast was crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. It really is different. Even my son noticed the difference. The seeds and grains of the bread were actually enhanced by being warmed but not dry. I make bread in all sizes and it accommodates them all. Great for short pieces of bread-no need for tongs. Long oblong pieces fit great.

Pros: long slots, sleek style, easy to clean, built solid, have read you can replace the heating elements, toasts evenly, toasts only the outside of the bread (what a difference)
Cons: It is the size of a small mailbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great toaster!, March 8, 2010
I read so many reviews, it drove my wife nuts. "It's a toaster for crying out loud!" I had previously purchased a toaster that is also highly reviewed here at Amazon.com, but I was very disappointed. It just would not toast evenly, although it was fast.
I finally trusted the previous reviews here at Amazon.com and pulled the trigger. I wanted a toaster that could handle larger home-made breads and correctly toast bagels on only one side. This toaster delivers all of that and more. It toasts everything I throw at it, and like a previous reviewer said - it is such an even finish it looks like it was sprayed on! Seriously - toast comes out of this thing looking like the toast you see in ads for breakfast foods, it is that good. If you are really stressing and searching everywhere for a GOOD toaster, this is it!
If I had to list a downside, I would say that it is not the fastest toaster on the planet. I believe the unique composition of the toaster contributes to this - there are no exposed heating 'wires', however this is most likely also the reason for the beautiful even finish on the toast. I can wait an extra minute or two for toast that isn't burnt on one end and not touched on the other.

1.0 out of 5 stars One major design flaw in this otherwise great toaster, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Sensio 90001 Bella Professional 2-Slice Toaster (Kitchen)

To me, if you're picky enough about how evenly your toast browns (and this toaster does do that well) to spend $70 on a toaster, you might also care that your bread toasts completely from top to bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Even Color Ever - Looks like it was sprayed on!, January 26, 2010
Bella Professional BPR Die Cast 4SL Toaster - 90002

I have spent a small fortune over the years trying to find a toaster that can toast bread relatively evenly. I said relatively because I had become convinced that even though we could put a man on the moon, cure polio etc. - toasting a piece of bread with consistently even color was beyond our species ability. I was wrong the Bella can. YES IT CAN!

Enter the Sensio Bella 4 slice toaster. I have never seen toast with such an even color. It looked like the bread had a sprayed on tan or was photo shopped. I find that the Bella takes a little longer to do the job - but that really is not an issue. What could be an issue for some is its size. This thing is huge, it is even bigger that the 4 slice Dualit it replaced.

It can handle huge slices of bread - about 10" long and 1.4" thick. They say it is a 4 slice toaster but that applies if you are using standard pullman size loaf bread with 2 slice next to each other in each of the 2 slots, otherwise it is a two slice toaster.
It has a cancel button, single slot toasting (saves power), defrost setting, bagel setting.

I have not toasted bagels yet, but I found that the bagel setting works well with english muffins also.

I highly recommend it.

August 3, 2011

It is now a year and a half later and I still love this toaster and in that time I have toasted many bagels and yes it does a great job on them as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than a bread box, October 28, 2009
This toaster is huge. Note the dimensions when you buy it. I didn't. The first one I received made a loud pop right after I turned it on and was then dead. Amazon was great about picking up the dead one and getting me a new one promptly.

I've had the new one about a month and it works perfectly. It holds large pieces of sourdough bread and has settings for frozen, single slice and bagels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toaster I have owned, March 5, 2010
Calvin K. Schaub (Lompoc, California) - See all my reviews
After reading the reviews, I purchased the four slice model which exceeded all of my expectations and is by far the best toaster I have ever owned. It toasts bread to perfection, perfectly browned on both sides with a moist and chewey texture inside, keeping the full flavor of the bread to be enjoyed. It has a special setting for bagels that toasts only the flat side, which is really what one wants and is the way bagels are toasted in a restaurant.

This is hands down a winner. As far as the size of the toaster being too large, it's almost identical in size to the four slice toaster it replaced, only slightly taller, which isn't an issue unless replacing a cheaper department store toaster.

After owning this toaster, I would gladly pay twice the price for such a marvelous appliance. I highly recommend this to anyone desiring perfection.

4.0 out of 5 stars good toaster, March 10, 2010
Alex Gitman (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
PROS: even totasting, bagel, one slot toasting options work like a charm, bread slots raise pretty high so its easy to retrieve whatever you are toasting no matter how small

Cons: toasting takes a bit of time (perhaps that's how good toasting is accomplished?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Last toaster you will ever buy!, April 8, 2010
Big c "the big guy in the part" (east coast of the big apple) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sensio 90001 Bella Professional 2-Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
Sick to think your $21.00 toaster only lasted one year? Well, this Sensio will out live you, it works perfectly every day...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster!!!, January 23, 2010
dontwannabeageek (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sensio 90001 Bella Professional 2-Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
After reading *tons* of reviews, I concluded that it's a total crap shoot to buy nearly any product these days, as they're all made in China and are likely to be a piece of junk and/or last a very short time. However, since my sister had asked for a toaster for Christmas, I waded through customer reviews on numerous toasters on numerous web sites, and finally settled on this one.

While I don't have any firsthand knowledge, all I can say is that my sister raved about this toaster for two weeks, how much she likes it and how evenly it toasts the bread. She's not one that will accept or live with inferior results from a product, so I am quite sure that this toaster must produce pretty darn good toast. I can only conclude, based on her experience, that you will be pleased with this toaster should you decide to buy one. Now I just hope that it keeps producing good toast for a long, long time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looks...but it burns toast, even at lowest setting, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Sensio 90001 Bella Professional 2-Slice Toaster (Kitchen)
Got all excited about this nice looking toaster....bought it new directly through Amazon, ..and then it burned the toast. Even at the lowest settingthe toast burns, and gets worse with successive toastings. Maybe it's a dud, but my confidence is gone in this line of toasters. Sad.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›