Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sensio Bella 13588 12-Inch Pizza Maker, Red
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 2, 2012
I am wondering if there is a recall on this product? Was told by Walmart, after they sell all they have on their shelves - they will no longer carry this product. They did not know if there was a recall. Recommended this product to a friend, as I love mine and use it a lot for other cooking than just pizza. The first time my friend used hers - it got so hot, scorched her countertop and the paint on the bottom of the cooker bubbled. I have noticed that mine cracks and pops like it is doing a great deal of expanding. Have noticed that pieces of the plastic surround have cracked off. Worried it might be a fire hazard. Wonder if anyone else has had a problem with theirs?
66 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2012
I thought this pizza maker was a great find. It works best when making the pizza dough from scratch, if it's a good recipe. Cooks the pizza to perfection within 10 minutes. Bottom does not get as crispy as some may desire. I was a little disappointed in the 12 inch size- would have preferred a standard size pizza, and there is a strange lip which requires a curved handle spatula to remove after cooked. Do not oil the plates when cooking pizza, as it leaves a bad taste. Instead sprinkle a little flour before dropping the pizza on it. Keeps the house a little cooler when cooking, and takes very little storage space.
on March 24, 2013
Only have used it a handful of times. It stopped working, don't know if it shorted out or what. Now I have a half cooked pizza sitting in it because it doesn't work.
on January 4, 2013
I gave this to my nephew-in-law because he could eat pizza morning, noon and night but his family would rather not! He was thrilled to get it. I gave it 4 stars because I've not used it but he was very excited so I'm pleased with the purchase.
Update-Aug 2013
This has been a big hit! Not only can my nephew-in-law eat pizza to his hearts content, the family can make all kinds of hot sandwiches; they even made fish fillets and fish sticks! It's turned into an all purpose cooking surface and they're all very pleased with it!
on January 28, 2013
My wife has been making homemade pizzas for many years. My sister gave us a pizza cooker for a wedding present. Well, after about 28 years, that cheap maker finally went out. Could not find anything like it. Bought a more expensive cooker, and it is okay, but does not do a good job on the crust. Bought this one before Christmas, and it is the best. Our pizzas come out of this just like the ovens at the pizza place. The pizzas taste great, and the crust comes out perfect. We are going to buy another one just in case this one only lasts 20 years or so.
on October 11, 2013
The first few pizzas tasted awful but after 3 or 4 they started to taste normal. Tried cookies-burnt. Tried biscuits-burnt unless flipped half way through. We've been using it for homemade and frozen pizzas for over a year. It gets pretty hot and the stove/counter underneath was getting so hot I was worried about a possible fire. We've been using it with caution because our oven died but last night it got too hot and stopped working. Now it doesn't heat up. Love the concept but maybe a small appliance like this isn't meant to reach such high temps.
on November 18, 2012
Wash it good first use and buy a couple of cheap pizzas for first use cause they will not taste right. Works great after that.
on June 2, 2013
I have used this for many things;

Baking pineapple upside down cake and other cakes

Baking cookies

Breakfast combinations with hash browns, veggies, sausage, eggs and cheese combined all at once. Very easy and delicious.

You no longer have to use the oven in the summertime and heat up the kitchen. Just about anything you need to use the oven for can also be made with the pizza maker. I have shown my friends and family many of the things made in it and they all want one of these for their own. The problem is they are no where to be found. I do hope they start making them and get them back in the stores quickly. This could be a hot ticket item is marketed to show the "MANY USES" and not just a pizza maker.
on December 9, 2013
Great pizza oven. We have cooked eggs, hash browns, grilled cheese and pizza. Lasted about a year, looking for another please bring this back. It's great the way it cooks from the top and bottom.
on June 4, 2012
I have every kinda gadget made and in all my 60 years this is the best gadget ive ever bought.. bought the first one at walmart and had to have another one and could only find it a amazon.com..... luv the pizza maker!