Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on March 1, 2013
Works great in my kitchen. I plugged in an under-cabinet light to this. It senses any motion at all in a 160 degree radius immediately. Quiet clicking sound when it triggers. You can set it to continue to power a device for 2 to 6 minutes with the dial on the back. It is bulky, and the red text on the front is kind of ugly. I put this in a room where I did not want to rewire an outlet, so it's good in places where you want a temporary solution, but costs more than hard wired solutions I found.
on January 27, 2013
I use these Motion SensorPlugs outdoors in Wisconsin with outside lights, and they work well even in extreme weather conditions or temperatures, although it says on the box it is not recommended below 40 degrees. I have purchased 10 of these Motion SensorPlugs and all of them have worked great all year long no matter the extreme temperatures. I use them for plugging in outside lights in a wooded area for my dogs so that I can track where they are at nighttime when outside....LOVE THESE SENSORS! Was my Best Buy Ever !
on January 5, 2015
This met my needs well enough. It reliably senses when someone enters the room, and I use it to turn on a table lamp. The ambient light sensor correctly prevents this from happening if there's already enough light in the room, and (probably due to dumb luck on my part) the switched lamp doesn't seem to confuse this.

My only complaint about the unit is that it's a bit slow to respond. From the time I enter the room and motion is detected (which can be seen by the LED on the device), it takes two or three seconds before the lamp comes on. That doesn't sound like much, but it's long enough to start rummaging for the main light switch, which was the main reason I got the unit.

Still, it's built well, and the sensitivity seems good - it never misses triggering, even at fairly long distances. It has adjustments for sensitivity and stay-on time, both of which have sensibly wide setting ranges. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the purchase.
~~
on May 12, 2009
Maybe I just got a bad unit but the sensor plug I ordered was terrible. When in light mode, the "motion sensor" would either would randomly set it itself off while simultaneously refusing to respond to actual motion. In appliance mode, the plug would simply remain on all of the time. I may have simply experienced bad luck but this was a complete wast of $20.
on April 24, 2015
Works as advertised. I would have liked it to have a larger range than it currently does, but it's not a big deal. You can adjust it to work in both bright and dark conditions or just in dark conditions. I am happy with my purchase.
on December 3, 2013
This is a great little helper! Works flawlessly and throughout my place I now have several of them in use. They come handy when you walk into a room while carrying something. Another cool side effect is that the dog can switch on some light at random so the house seems occupied even when nobody is at home.
on November 14, 2013
Works as advertised. Useful lighting option. Since it is triggered by pets, they can turn on an inside light if someone comes to the door or as they move around your house. Or it may be used to turn on lights when there is no switch by a door. Powers off automatically about six minutes after last triggered. Many other possible uses.
on November 21, 2013
Works well. Consistent monitoring of an area. Might be a tad sensitive and wide angle but you can easily cut a cardboard box to refine the detection area. Detects a large area and distance - use spaces and obstacles to refine the activation area. Instructions say it doesn't work in extreme cold but it does - the detection area may shorten up a bit but it still works better than they claim.

Great for a porch light that isn't hard wired. A lit standing lamp is nice when unlocking the front door. Also good for a fan in a bathroom that has no external exhaust fan.

Glad it has a fuse. I know it'll be a pain some day to replace it but it is worth it.
on May 10, 2013
Our attic has a somewhat dangerous open stairwell, and I wanted to make sure that nobody accidentally fell down it at night. I plugged this baby in to an outlet near the stairwell and outlined the top of the stairs with a rope-light - now as soon as anyone moves anywhere near those stairs, they are immediately outlined in white light.

Shiny. If you need a motion sensor, this one works great.
on October 3, 2014
This is a great little sensor and works great. I have it in a closet to turn a light on and off when the door opens up as I only had a plug in there. So far for the last 4-5 months it has worked no issues.