Sensors Does anyone know if these are the newer, orbless sensors or the old?
asked by Kent Sievers on June 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I'm happy to announce that my x10 has serial number starting with 22A so, from what I've read, that means it is new stock. What a sweet little camera.
Kent Sievers answered on July 12, 2012
Comments (2) | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I got a completely different response from Amazon when I inquired yesterday. They said they only had what info they received from the manufacturer and they have received no information regarding any updates to this item. I don't know why we would get different answers, but I'm concerned that the below response (by Kent) might merely be quoting some of the text from the product description...basically stating that the camera uses, 'the latest sensor technology' or some other generic statement. Until I receive confirmation that the orb free sensor is installed in all new cameras I will not be buying one.
J. Pennington answered on July 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'll let you all know tomorrow, 07/12/2012, when my x10 arrives. Hopefully the serial number will indicate new stock. From what I've read, Fuji hasn't been totally clear with all involved, but surely, amazon, with their buying power, could get some answers if they'd bother to ask.
Kent Sievers answered on July 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would like to know this, too.
E. Nielsen answered on June 26, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Okay, I received this from Amazon this morning. It sounds like they have the new ones. The only thing that worries me is the comment "as per the information available on our website." There was no such information available last I looked. --

Hello,

I have checked and see that, as per the information available on our website. The Fujifilm X10 12 MP EXR CMOS Digital Camera that we have in stock are the new ones with the latest sensors.

I would encourage you to go ahead and place an order for it if you'd like to.

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can always return it back to us for a refund.

We hope to see you again. Have a nice day!
Kent Sievers answered on July 2, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also purchased mine from Amazon on 7/16 (sold by Amazon, not from Adorama or other sellers). The serial # start as "21N". I have not found any orb issue from my test or any pictures I took so far. Beautiful pictures and It is a really nice little camera! it seems Amazon now sell $598 after I bought it $549 though
Lin, Chia-Wei answered on July 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Got my Camera today from Costco online. I paid $599.00 plus tax, free shipping, it includes free battery, 8 gig high speed card and lens hood. The Serial number starts with 21A.
sat mohinder khalsa answered on August 21, 2012

A
Fuji is a little hard to pin down on this, but mine, which is a month old - has a new sensor and whoopee...amazing pictures...Orbs smaller? How about "orbs" non existent...
J. M Ullman answered on February 17, 2013

A
The orbs are smaller and IQ is not quite as good.
Victoria answered on January 9, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›