‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS STUFF IS POISON! BURNED ANIMALS SKIN!, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Sentry PurrScriptions Plus Squeeze-On Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens (Misc.)
Horrible stuff! Burned BOTH my cats skin & I have worked with animals for 15 years, know how to apply properly. I have NEVER seen a product do this to an animal before. Next morning both cats were itching & scratching even more than ever....poor guys were trying to soothe their burns. They were both lethargic the next day, slept WAY more than usual, the younger cat did not eat all day which is unheard of! By day 3 the skin was bright purple & skin was actually flaking off. When I called my vet the 1st question she asked was "did you use PurrScriptions?". It's happened to other people...WHY TAKE THE RISK IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET? WHY do you think it's on sale????

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY OR USE THIS PRODUCT!, September 1, 2011
William Peterson (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
A few hours after using this product, my cat was foaming at the mouth and got sick. I washed it off of her along with live fleas. I can't believe this product is allowed to be sold. Please do not use this product. It will make you pet sick! I wish I would have read all the reviews "before" I used it!

1.0 out of 5 stars If only I had found this first, September 1, 2012
If only I had researched this product before buying. I feel so INCREDIBLY STUPID. I "assumed" since it was being sold that it was at least safe. I have a stray cat that turned up and I brought her in and am trying to get her to feeling better so I can find her a home. She had fleas and I'm low on money until I get paid so instead of buying the expensive stuff I bought this. She was fine after I put it on, but now I went in to check on her this morning and she acts like she doesn't even know me?!?!?! She was loving as all get out for the last 3 days adn now she runs from me, recoils if I try and touch her.

I immediately came to research this behavior and thought to check the flea medicine. She will no way in hell let me give her a bath so I took a cloth and wiped as much of the stuff off as possible. When I picked up the rag off the shelf, whatever was on it (flea medication) ate the paint right off the SHELF!

This makes me want to cry that I have caused this poor baby harm. I will never try and cut corners again.

1.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is TOXIC., July 2, 2012
I bought this over the counter at Petsmart because it was 15 dollars for 3 doses, and I have 3 cats. I applied it to all the cats, and when I noticed my calico, Aria, licking at her application site (even though it was right on skin behind her head between her shoulder blades).

I did a quick search and found all kinds of horror stories of cats being hurt or even dieing from this product and others like it. So I kept a close watch on all 3 cats that evening, and while none had any severe symptoms, Aria and her brother, Octave, were more lethargic than usual, and poor Aria vomited twice.

I wasn't comfortable leaving a known poison on my cats, plus it's greasy and wasn't drying at all, so I washed it off of all of them with dawn dish soap and warm water (oh boy, this is fun). While I did this, I noticed this junk just made all the fleas go to their heads. They were covered in fleas there. They did act less lethargic a couple of hours after washing it off. I just consider myself lucky nothing worse happened.

Stick with vet-prescribed products like Frontline or Revolution, even if they cost more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, November 21, 2012
YakketyAct (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
To everyone who suggested I not purchase this after all of your terrible experiences. I was in line at PetSmart with this is my hand. I decided to do a quick check of reviews here on Amazon before I reached the register. I expected to read maybe something about poor effectiveness, not THIS! Thank you for sparing my 5 cats, several of them elderly, this pain!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR CATS TO THIS!, July 22, 2013
After treating my cats yesterday I have one cat en route to the vets office with neurological issues and one who can't stop scratching...I wish I had read the reviews before treating my cats. I never would have subjected them to this. STAY AWAY from this toxin!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Treatment, July 15, 2013
Made my cat foam at the mouth and vomit. I had to give her a bath in order to remove the treatment. Ineffective, dangerous, and frankly not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes cats sick!, July 11, 2013
I wish I had read this review before buying this product.

Both my cats are currently sick after I treated them with this. While it's not as bad as others, it makes me upset thinking something may happen to them.

This product needs to be taken off the market.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, June 16, 2013
Chris A. Skalski (Springfield, VA USA) - See all my reviews
First of all it didn't work, and then it had my new kitten very lethargic, and I noticed hair falling out. As many folks have done here, I found fleas on a new pet, raced to Petsmart to find Frontline doses costing $50, and bought the next best thing I could afford as a stopgap measure at least. Never again will assume that a product is safe and not researching it before I run out and possibly lose a cherished pet. After seeing the reviews I immediately gave the 3 month old kitten a bath and scrubbed her good, and noticed that she still had ALL the fleas that she had prior to using the product 24 hours previously.

My adult male cat had no reaction at all though and seems fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I didn't use this!, May 13, 2013
I bought this product and decided to read the reviews before applying it to my cats. I'm so glad I did because this stuff can kill your cats! I can't believe there hasn't been a lawsuit. Anyways, thank you other reviewers for letting me know how horrible this stuff is. I'm returning it and buying revolution at the vet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›