5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further
Anyone who has read any of my other reviews knows that I can be blunt & brutal, and that I hate to gush. Nevertheless, this Sentry Sound Bar is a "WOW". The quality of sound out of this thing is fantastic, and was beyond my expectations. I've been involved in music much of my life, so I know audio excellence when I hear it.

We are using a volume stabilizer...
Published on March 5, 2012 by CJ Cotter

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Remote
The speaker is OK, but the remote lasted 3 days and it seems I will have to live without the remote, as you will have no way to get another, besides being small and poor quality it didn't work correctly out of the box, when I tried to check the Battery for power the Battery slide broke.
Published 9 months ago by Diamondback

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further, March 5, 2012
CJ Cotter (Sarasota, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sentry SPBAR 2.1 Surround Speaker System Sound Bar (Electronics)

We are using a volume stabilizer in-between a flat-screen TV and the Sentry Sound Bar. As a result, it is also a hit with my girlfriend and her elderly father, who can't hear very well.

Setup is simple and does not require any intelligence. There is a manual on/off "rocker" switch in back, along with a set of left/right RCA connections. That's it. You can manually adjust the volume with the control dial in front (which lights up blue), or use the remote control to do so. Additionally, you can use the remote to put the Sentry Sound Bar in a "sleep" mode, instead of having to manually shut off the rear rocker switch each time you use it.

The only negative is that, since the remote control is so simple and small, there is the likelihood that it will get lost easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recently purchased, December 24, 2012
I bought this item at a Sears outlet store and was not sure what I was getting. I literaly paid 29.00 for it. I got it home pluged it in. Super simple 2 RDA plugs and it was opperational. Don't get me wrong this is no Polk Audio or a Bose but for the price, it does its job very well. Don't expect alot of bass from this tiny unit if anything it helps to fill the sound so there is more depth to what your listening to. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Booster, March 16, 2012
Aunt P (Marlton,NJ) - See all my reviews
I looked at a number of systems that were very complicated and expensive. This is just great for those of us with hearing thats getting a little older. Easy to use and works really well. Came fast too. Liked it so much, we got another one for the TV downstairs. Both are 50 inch TV's. Great pics. Lousy sound. All fixed now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drastically improves LCD TV sound, May 16, 2012
I picked up one of these dirt cheap used in a pawn shop and... gotta admit... I'm fairly impressed. The Sentry sound bar is nothing fancy... just analog 2.1 audio and connects via RCA L & R audio jacks. No LCD TV really offers good audio though the built in speakers, but the Sentry easily brings back the audio quality you'd expect from a high quality CRT Hi-Fi TV. Bass response is very good and the unit supplies plenty of volume to easily fill any room. The remote works well and allows for both bass and treble adjustment. Build quality appears to be very good.

If you're looking for a cheap sound bar to "relive" the long lost days of good TV audio, then the Sentry sound bar is well worth looking into. It's a very good deal when selling for $50 to $75 new and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play in 5 minutes, December 27, 2013
My wife wanted this sound bar for her Kitchen TV. It is a 19" flat screen connected to ATT U-verse. Upon arrival, it seemed too big (22" long) and bulky and HEAVY for such a small TV. However, we placed the TV on top of it and used it as a stand. It immediately looked and sounded better. The TV and Sound now is pointed directly at her. The TV speakers were in the BACK of the TV and shot the sound upwards...so she had to turn up the volume such that the whole house had to 'hear' the kitchen TV. Now, with directional sound all is perfect. I cannot even hear her from the kitchen when I'm in and other room. PROBLEM SOLVED. Straight forward hook-up with RCA cables. Remote comes with battery. Very Satisfied. HOWEVER, if YOU are looking for something small and compact....this unit is larger than it looks in photos.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Remote, September 30, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars TV enhancement, May 8, 2013
Being hard of hearing coupled with terrible sound from these flat-screen TV's made watching less than enjoyable. This sound bar is far from hi-fi, but a great improvement over what I had, at a reasonable price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive on Amazon Prime & wattage., August 5, 2013
This product is just OK. Looking for a small power bar for my bedroom TV. This was small enough & beats the old computer speakers I had, but not by much. They don't say it's only a 12 watt system. 2x3 watt speakers & a 6 watt sub, so power is quite limited. Clarity is quite good & no annoying hum or hiss in the background. I shut off the power to the unit automatically when I shut off the TV to save energy. This resets the settings when you turn the unit back on, so you have to reset them again, each time. The power switch is inconveniently located on the back of the unit. I placed mine in a TV stand on a shelf below the TV, but can't reach the power switch as the space above the unit is too small for my hand to fit. There's only RCA & headphone jack inputs and the latter is in the front, pretty ugly. You get an RCA to RCA stereo cord, but it's very short, so had to find a longer one, even though the unit was placed right under the TV. Big blue light on the front could easily be replaced with small indicator light. Remote takes big steps in volume & bass/trrebble settings so gets loud & soft & changes bass/trebble very quickly. Maximum volume is limited, but OK for a bedroom. It's listed as Amazon Prime, but as stated in the listing it's not 2 day shipping, it's free, but 1-3 week shipping. I got mine in 2 weeks. At least it's not as wide as all the other sound bars out there, 30 + inches, which won't fit on a regular TV stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my problem, April 12, 2014
This item came when expected in the condition expected. Easy to use and by sitting it by my chair, I was able to hear the tv without it being too loud for others in the room and....I love the headphone jack to use after everyone has gone to bed.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful for small room TV, February 6, 2014
wanted something that wouldn't drive me out of my bedroom every time it was turned on. I am very satisfied as it provides me a wider range of sound then what I was getting from onboard speakers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›