It's Sept. of 2012! Why even bother advertising this game yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2012 7:21:11 AM PDT
This game is dated for release Dec 31, 2013, which usually means a 2014 release. Seriously? I loved Dead Island for all of it's quirkiness and unusual gameplay, but asking for pre-orders a year and a half in advance is just ridiculous, imho.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:05:59 AM PDT
brian jay says:
that's a placeholder date. they have already had playable demos of the game available for journalists. i believe they said they're like 75% done with the game. i'd bet serious cash that this game comes out by summer 2013 at the latest.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:13:07 AM PDT
Nadine says:
I refuse to do preorders & I never buy a game when it first comes out - other than it's outside of my budget, there's often too many issues to iron out w/ patches & problems.... some are way too short or lame to be worth $60 and I rarely care about extra content they add.
I wait for the reviews to come in & usually rent the game first to see if I'll like it. Then I'll buy. That's saved me alot of $$.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:07:12 PM PDT
John says:
Why now? hmm... To get you to pre-order NOW with them by also including the FREE Steelbook Case upgrade plus the fact that it's $10 less than regular pricing. Heaven forbid a company might want "lock in" your business.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 10:00:52 AM PDT
Preorders don't lock in anything.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 11:33:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 11:35:42 AM PDT
John says:
@Orion

Tell that to the people who don't cancel their pre-order. Particularly given that there are no apparent retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses for this game such as digital and/or physical items in addition to the same pricing. Well in advance pre-ordering is nothing new, especially for an anticipated title.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 1:49:58 PM PDT
Nadine says:
Well I preordered Riptide last week - I know I'm going to buy this one anyway, so I figured why not.
The info I read was that you get a Special Edition & these are the extras:

"Special Edition will include an alternate character skin, pack of weapon mods and a digital strategy map. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Quantities are extremely limited and will be available on first come first served basis while supplies last. "
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Island Riptide Special Edition -Xbox 360
Dead Island Riptide Special Edition -Xbox 360 by Deep Silver (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (207)