Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
I bought this on September 3 2012. The picture has frozen. The remote control won't work, I have tried turning it off on the box. No luck, help!
asked by Mother and Father of 4 on September 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I haven't had this problem and I am not sure what is causing this, but I have a suggestion.

Pull the power cord out of whatever outlet it is plugged into. Wait about 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it works. This is how I fix frozen computers.

If that doesn't work, you probably need to return it.

Jessie
Jessie S. Weinberger answered on September 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hi, mother of 4 - i am no expert, but i would start from scratch: unplug everything, reconnect all cables, etc, and let it do the channel scan - in my case i don't even use the remote, i just hit the power buttons on the tv and the box and then use the channel up/down button on the box to get me to the channel i want to view . when i'm done i hit power on the tv and the box again to shut it down - good luck
Holly answered on September 29, 2012

A
raccoon answered on October 1, 2012

A
What everyone else said. Try a reset by unplugging everything, waiting 15 minutes and reboot. If that doesn't work you most likely have a defective unit. BTW are you using a good antenna?
apee answered on October 1, 2012

A
Why not return to Amazon if you bought from them? I bought mine from Amazon and have been using for the last couple of months with no problems. Register with Amazon if you haven't done so. Log on to their 'order status' page and you should see your item with a 'return' link that will give you instructions on how to return. Or go to their 'return center' for instructions on how to return. Amazon is very fast with defective product returns.
Masao Miwa answered on September 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I never had this problem with the Zinwell. I had to unplug my other unit and wait a couple of minutes for it to reset.
ezmoney answered on September 29, 2012

A
I agree you should return the defective device as soon as possible, for either exchange or refund.
JBR answered on October 2, 2012

A
Disconnect power to the unit and wait 30 seconds before connecting. This should reset the unit.
flyhard answered on November 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product