Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2008 7:14:41 AM PST
I really hope that this is the sequel to a coldest winter ever and I am assuming it is because she said it would be realeased this year. I can't wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2008 10:47:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2008 10:48:49 AM PDT
AndreaDenise says:
Ah sookie sookie now. This this is what I'm talkin' bout.

How will I be able to contain myself for another seven months? I don't know if I could stand it. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2008 9:19:16 AM PDT
L says:
I ENJOYED THE COLDEST WINTER EVER AND I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO THE NEW BOOK ALSO.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2008 9:16:53 AM PDT
Akima Rolle says:
Yes this is the sequel because Midnight was in The Coldest Winter ever! I hope it's as good as the classic! Sister Souljah what took you so long! LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2008 2:29:22 PM PDT
T. Hunter says:
Do you understand the level of this book. I am a high school teacher and the first book, The Coldest Winter Ever (though some material seems mature) got students reading again. I was compelled by this book and have always been compelled by the controversal wisdom the brilliant Sista Souljhah! She has reinvented herself in a fresh way. Hit them in the dome sis! I would pay nice money go get this in my hands (legally) before Oct 14! Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2008 10:57:18 AM PDT
Z. Stewart says:
Aww man I can't wait!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2008 7:04:38 PM PDT
Ballard says:
i been waitin for the sequel for the longest..wat do u guys think its goin be about??

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2008 2:33:25 PM PDT
Hopefully Midnight gets divorces and he runs into Winter lets just hope she is mature now because the girl had problems lol and they fall in love i always wanted her with him

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 12:01:51 PM PDT
I agree with you on that. Loved this book.

Kamah Alicia Scott, author of Certified
www.myspace.com/kamahaliciascott

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 12:24:54 PM PDT
Z. Stewart says:
I hope so, Winter has has a lot of time to grow and mature. I think that was Midnight's issue, she wasn't ready......let's not forget about her sisters that he adopted. I wonder if the mother and father will get mentioned in this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 12:29:53 PM PDT
Yes the sisters and which one was going down the same path as Winter? OMG I can't wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 5:23:36 PM PDT
Ballard says:
i also wanna know if the book going to mention the dude that left Winter in the car at the end of the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2008 9:49:15 AM PDT
Z. Stewart says:
Oh yes, he has to pay the piper.............

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2008 1:42:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2008 1:43:21 PM PDT
Yeah its on you know lol. Winter is always thinking on her feet she already thought the dude had something to do with her Daddy getting knocked. I hope she finds love with Midnight but i dont thinks she is taking any shorts.

I think she will pay him back who knows Midnight might even help her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2008 5:41:11 PM PDT
She originally said that her sequel would be realeased in 2005 now it is three years later. I hope it is the sequel though it has been adleast 10 years since The coldest Winter Ever was released.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2008 9:10:19 AM PDT
T. Griffith says:
I can't wait to read this book! I love Souljah and her creative way of telling a story. The Coldest Winter Ever is one of my all time favorite books. Not only was it throughly entertaining but it wasn't one of those typical books that are out now--you know the ones that don't have any substance and are all about sex.

Like Winter, I could see Midnight's appeal. I know Winter was trifling and all, but I wanted she and Midnight to get together, even if he was WAY too good a dude for her. Midnight's story is going to be a good one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2008 9:04:23 AM PDT
C. Mason says:
I can't wait!!!! Visit Sistah Soulja's website if you need proof that this is the sequel! http://www.sistersouljah.com/updates.html

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 9:41:05 PM PDT
and let's not forget the father other baby mother who ran off with that money and didnt give winter none like she was supposed too!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 11:47:09 PM PDT
I am really excited about this book too! Here is a review by Publishers Weekly I found on Barnes and Nobel. com. It sounds pretty good.

Publishers Weekly

Souljah's follow-up to her bestselling novel, TheColdest Winter Ever, is another gritty coming-of-age tale, picking up the story of Midnight (a character in Coldest Winter) as he tries desperately to navigate American culture, Brooklyn streets and the dicey business of growing up. The novel begins as seven-year-old Midnight and his pregnant mother, Umma, are forced to leave their privileged life in Sudan for a hardscrabble American existence. Midnight spends his formative years in Brooklyn guiding and translating for his loyal, loving and talented mother, helping her get a factory job while encouraging her to start a clothing line. Eventually, Midnight starts working at a Chinatown fish shop, finds love, joins a dangerous hustler's basketball league and tries to disentangle his ambivalent feelings toward romance, family and personal honor. Souljah's sensitive treatment of her protagonist is honest and affecting, with some realistic moments of crisis. Unfortunately, a slack plot and slow pacing cause serious bloat, and Souljah's distinctive prose is woefully unpolished. Frustrations aside, Souljah has obvious talent and sincere motives, making her a street-lit sophomore worth watching. (Oct.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 11:49:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 13, 2008 11:50:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 11:50:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 13, 2008 11:50:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2008 6:33:21 PM PDT
PAVIA says:
IM SORRY TO SAY, BUT I KNOW THAT IF THIS IS WHAT THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE ABOUT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE DISAPPOINTED.IV'E BEEN READING THE POST FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS ABOUTH THIS SEQUEL AND IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT WHAT THE READERS, MYSELF INCLUDED WANT. SORRY SISTA SOULJAH.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2008 8:25:27 AM PDT
You guys should atleast give the book a chance to come out before talking junk about it. Me for one I can't wait and if it happens to be mad I will be the first to say so but atleast give a chance to be bad!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2008 2:43:28 PM PDT
hpy2bnpy says:
It's been a llllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time...I'm hoping she's stepped her game up and is coming with it. Never saw the "movie"...as was the talk for a while...but I'll give her a chance...hoping she'll make me proud!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2008 4:08:17 PM PDT
Art says:
I can't wait to read this book.. omg
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Midnight: A Gangster Love Story (The Midnight Series)
Midnight: A Gangster Love Story (The Midnight Series) by Sister Souljah (Hardcover - November 4, 2008)
3.6 out of 5 stars (676)