Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Serengeti Nuvola Polar Sunglasses,Hematite with CPG Lenses
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Hematite|Lens Color: PhD CPG|Change
Price:$129.99+ Free shipping

on October 5, 2010
These sunglasses are as close to perfect as I could find. First, the lenses - they are great. I don't know what Serengeti does, but somehow these lenses are always the right darkness level. They don't change depth of darkness visibly, but in very bright sunlight they block the sun as well as any other pair of sunglasses I've worn. Then if you drive through a tunnel or if it gets cloudy, they are not too dark. I also own a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are also polarized, when I drive with them I am constantly taking them off and on so I can see ok with varying light conditions.

Comfort - they are incredibly lightweight and comfortable. Easily the most comfortable glasses I have ever worn. the weight is great but also I really love the way it fits around the back of the ear. They are not dead straight like the Oakleys, and they don't curve all the way around the ear, it is somewhere in between that hits my head just right. I've worn them for a couple hours straight and never felt the need to fiddle with them for comfort.

Good for light sports - I have used them for golf, running and biking so far. On the golf course the day started with a strange glare while it was also cloudy. After a while, it started to drizzle and got darker. They were great through the strange light conditions. I wore them long after the glare was gone, until I realized that I was wearing them in rain. But they never seemed too dark. Also, they fit well below my bike helmet too.
on September 28, 2012
I have had the Nuvino Polar glasses with Drivers lenses for about a month and couldn't be happier. The clarity and crispness of the lenses rival Maui Jim glasses I have at a fraction of the cost. I originally wanted a Serengeti product that was as close to the Maui Jim Titanium Sport glasses as possible with the tiny wire temples. They are so light you can wear them all day and actually forget you are wearing them. The problem with that type of sunglass is taking them on and off which requires two hands and care not to spread them too much to avoid any stress cracks where the temples are attached to the actual lenses since they have no frames. For everyday wear I think the Nuvino's are the best choice and they are much lighter and less noticeable than I thought they would be. Here are the things I like best about the Nuvino Polar glasses:
1. Outstanding clarity and crispness
2. They stay dark enough inside the car to be excellent driving glasses(some changeable lenses get too light inside the car)
3. The lenses are big enough for my face. I am 6'2", 240 lbs and most glasses are too small for my face.
4. The temples are comfortable and hold the glasses.
5. The nose pads are exceptional, wide enough and don't slip down.
6. The lenses are light but thick enough to be durable
7. The lenses have just enough side wrap to block most side glare without the "wrap" look.
8. Very comfortable to wear.
No cons to speak of at this point about the glasses but I would prefer a case that hinges open with a spring instead of the zipper case that they come with. No big deal and the case is an excellent soft case with enough rigidity to be protective.
on January 14, 2015
Bought these sunglasses 10 months ago and won't ever buy them again. The coating is very defective. It has fissures all over the lenses. When you put them on everything becomes blurry it's so bad. These have always been carefully cared for, cleaned with the special cloth and kept in their case. The fault is not in the way they have been cared for. I'm not telling you what to buy, just don't buy these. I've attached a photo. In the lower left of the lens you can really see the cracking well. Both lenses are completely covered with these cracks.
review image
on March 24, 2013
After reading the Maui jim advertisment about the Bronze lens they sell, and comparing the serengeti driver lens with the bronze both at the same time, serengeti should be making these claims. The maui jims, have a nice bronze tint, and if you didn't know any better, (have the serengeti drivers) to compare the two, you would think that colors do "POP". Sitting down and trying both on one right after the other, on a bright sunny day, then again on a cloudy day will quickly show the superior lens is the serengeti. Colors, green, red, yellow POP! I mean they REALLY POP! lol on a dark gloomy day, I felt like I was driving through the mountains in Hawaii! Everything was so much nicer, taking the glasses off for a second shows a dull world! LOL I have been an Oakley fan for 6 years now, but I dont think I will ever use any other lens but the driver from serengeti... Now why not 5 stars? Easy, I want the gold mirror offered on some of the lenses, but the only sport model they offer it in is the small lenses, and everything else is very hard to find! If I could get the driver, with the gold mirror on this model, I would be in hog heaven, and would buy 3 or 4 at $100 bucks a pop through AMAZON.

I returned the Mauis, both the Banyans (which I LOVED) and the Hookipa. The bronze lens doesnt hold a candle to serengeti's, and the Banyans have a nose peace right in you eye sight, it's distracting, if they removed this, I would buy the black lens, as I think Mauis Black lens is top dog, much like the serengeti bronze lens!
on September 25, 2014
The film coating is defective and they should be refunding the full price to anyone with the issue. After 3-4 months of light use the lens coating begins to peel. It starts at the flex points where the side and bridge attach to the lenses. They are plastic wraparound glasses so theses points flex every time you put them on.

To add insult to injury, you must pay to ship them in for repair ($15) then wait 4-6 weeks, then pay them to ship them to you for another $10 (!!!!!) when this is a manufacturing/design issue. Then I’m guessing you do the same thing again in 3 months.

Here is a pic on photobucket, if it posts: http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb338/Tanquen/IMG_2187.jpg
review image
on April 21, 2015
For the first few months of having them, I was delighted. They're very light and the optics is excellent.
Why the low score then?
As others mentioned before, these wonderful sunglasses have a design flaw, causing the coating to ripple around the connecting points and deteriorate with time.
This will happen to anyone, no matter how much they care for their sunglasses. Mine are in mint condition, not a scratch on them, except for the falling coating, of course.
If you don't mind buying sunglasses that will last only a few months of use for around 100$, you'll love them. If you're like me and would like to use the sunglasses for more than one summer, don't get near them.
on July 18, 2016
Serengeti makes the nicest, clearest lenses of ANYONE! Even Maui Jim pales in comparison! Not sure why they aren't far more popular. Perhaps it's a marketing thing. I just don't know. I do know this: I have a pair of $350 MJ's with glass lenses and they ARE nice BUT I just did a side by side comparison of them and these Serengeti drivers and the Serengeti's are every bit as clear as the MJ's. Seriously, I put the MJ's on, then the Serengeti's then repeated the process several times in different light situations and the polycarbonate (plastic) lenses of the Serengeti's are as clear or clearer than the heavier, glass MJ's. I have never seen such clear polycarbonate lenses in my life and I've tried them all. Serengeti sure did something right! Even the MJ polycarbonate lenses don't hold a candle to the Serengeti lenses. I did the same test with the MJ pc lenses vs the Serengeti pc lenses and the Serengeti's win by landslide. Half the price and better shades. The biggest no brainier in the history of Sunglasses, just find the right fit for your face and you'll be happy, guaranteed!
on August 21, 2014
After using these for 6 months, they have developed micro lines and swirls within the lens. This results in a blurred vision and strain on my eyes after 1 hours.
These are my second pair of Serengeti's, my first pair were fine, now they must be making them in china, as the quality is terrible. I will never but these again.
I am sending them in for warranty, but knowing how companies operate nowadays, I am not hopeful.
BE WARNED - DO NOT BUY. This should never happen for such a high-end sunglasses

UPDATE:
I sent these back and was told each month, they were on back order! After 8 months! They finally sent a replacement pair! At least they were under warranty, but I am disappointed by the whole experience. I will increase may rating from 1 to 2 stars, as the rubber nose tabs fall of very easily.
on February 22, 2013
i searched ebay and nextag for some time, and this price was the best that i found.
i've been wearing Serengeti's since the 80's.
While it IS possible to break these no fram glasses, the company stands by their products and has replaced damaged units before.
the styling is great, they are durable, and you won't find better eye protection and sharpness of vision.
on April 26, 2014
This is my 5th pair of Serengeti sun glasses and these are the best yet. Being bald guy, I can't hang just any sunglasses on this face - I need glasses that are stylish and functional. These glasses have slightly larger lenses which block the light from above and below. They also have just enough curve to block the side light without distortion. The rubber inserts in the end pieces, prevent slippage off the face when cycling or quick head movements.