Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Serger Secrets: High-Fashion Techniques for Creating Great-Looking Clothes Paperback – November 17, 2001
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
Testing the stitch width:
1. Cut two pieces of fabric measuring 3X12 inches (7.5x30cm). Divide one piece of fabric into thirds, and place it on top of the other. Number each third to correspond with the numbers on the cutting dial. Set your machine for a 2.5mm stitch length, 1.5-2mm stitch width, and a balanced 4-thread stitch.
2. Adjust the cutting width to 1mm, and stitch through both layers of fabric until you reach the first line. Turn the cutting width dial to 2mm, and stitch to the next line. Turn the dial to 3mm, and stitch to the next line. Turn the dial to 3mm and serge off the fabric.
3. Look for the best section of stitching on the fabric. If the stitch needs more or less fabric to create a good seam, then fine-tune both looper tensions so that you end up with a well-balanced seam.
Testing the stitch length:
1. Cut two pices of fabric measuring 3X12 inches (7.5X30cm). Divide one piece of fabric into quarters, and place it on top of the other. Number each section. Set your machine for a 1mm stitch length, 1.5 to 2mm cutting width, and a balanced 4-thread stitch.
2. Serge to the first line. Change to a 2mm stitch length and stitch to the next line. Continue until you have serged off the fabric.
3. Examine your sample, and review the fabric and stitch adjustments required for your project. If the cutting width is adequate, then you need to fine-tune the looper tensions.
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I think this book is for more advanced serging, I still enjoyed it but I haven"t reached this level of serging yet.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Packaged nicely, great quality, nice coloration and received when seller stated...
Easy to use great ideas
This is a good practical book for a beginner. Illustrations are clear. Explanations were easy to follow. Just what I needed.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
This book is more for seasoned servers however it gives you great ideasPublished 8 months ago by Alice Stanley