Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Serial Number

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2008 1:12:44 PM PST
K. Rogers says:
Does the serial number get updated when the unit ships (and we can buy books) are has this been something that folks do once the unit arrives?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 4:46:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2008 4:46:52 PM PST
Psychic One says:
Yes. I ordered all my books before I recieved the Kindle. Once I got it I registered it and downloaded all 70 books!hehe!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 6:44:04 PM PST
Frank Garcia says:
I was under the impression that amazon was registering your Kindle. I have read reviews were the guys were downloading the files right during the unboxing video.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 6:55:45 PM PST
hdtravel says:
The kindle serial number on the unit gets assigned to your Amazon account when they charge your credit card and then ship the unit. Anything you buy will be pushed onto the unit the first time you turn it on if you are in a Sprint coverage area when you turn it on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 7:42:36 PM PST
Psychic One says:
K. Rodgers,
I completely forgot!! My first Kindle came unregistered as I did not buy it from Amazon! Sorry. I registered it and it showed Cynthia's second Kindle. The one from Amazon has not come yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 7:58:49 PM PST
Julia says:
C. Reynolds-
70 books? Yikes! The Visa bill came today with my first 20 Kindle books charged on it. Dear Hubby gave me *that look* and asked how I could possilby have Kindle charges when I don't even have the [darn] thing yet.

At least I finally received the email that says I should have it in the next couple of weeks - just in time for some of the pre-releases that have Kindle links on the bound book page to be available for purchase. :-)

My poor Visa bill - it's going to be several extra pages long next month from filling up Kindle, I'm sure. Maybe I should have a massive Amazon Marketplace sale for all my old books that I can bear to part with to raise funds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:57:37 PM PST
Psychic One says:
Trekchick,
This is why it pays to have your own MasterCard! hehe! All kidding aside I had to figure out something to do while I was waiting for my Kindle. And the books downloaded fast!! :))

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 9:58:10 AM PST
Frank Garcia says:
Exactly, my Kindle was shipped today and My Kindle account was updated today with a Serial Number. Yesterday I checked the SN and it was UNKNOWN.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 12:15:11 PM PST
Cindy H. says:
Frank G, you have an actual SN on your Kindle now? My account has one 'registered" to it, but I'm not seeing a number for it. My credit card hasn't been charged and I haven't received any info from Amazon about mine being shipped, just the infamous 'shipping soon' email almost 1 1/2 weeks ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 12:32:42 PM PST
Frank Garcia says:
Yes, a few hours ago in the morning (I'm in Florida) I was in the same way. I went to a meeting and when I came back I found 2 emails, one telling me that the Kindle was shipped and the other one Welcome type, telling me that if I bought it as a gift I had to delete it from my Account at amazon clicking on Manage My Kindle. When you do that you will see a Kindle added and if you click on Edit, you will see the SN. I had my Kindle added since a long time ago because I was buying some books for it but that did not have any serial, so I think that they went into my account, looked for a Kindle without SN and edited the only one available in my case.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 3:44:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2008 3:45:07 PM PST
Cindy H. says:
Thanks Frank. I've also pre-purchased 10 or so books, but no serial # as of yet. My toolbar is currently showing 3 new mail messages, everytime I check it, I'm hoping they're from Amazon. Maybe this time one of them is.......by the way, I'm in TX.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2008 10:31:47 AM PST
K. Rogers says:
So, my kindle is on its way from KY, set to arrive on Tuesday, still no SN, so I guess I may have to register it when I get it.

I have 70+ books on my wish list, so maybe I will spend my time adding a priorty to help spread out the cost of building my e-Library. Niffty way for Amazon to increase book sales :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2008 10:49:24 AM PST
Frank Garcia says:
If there is not a serial number then you will have to put it manually, but that would be the first time that I heard of somebody having to register manually his Kindle bought at Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2008 10:53:58 AM PST
K. Rogers says:
Frank -

I know it can easily be added, I was just looking for more proof that my kindle was really on the way :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2008 10:57:47 AM PST
Frank Garcia says:
I know that feeling! :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,975)