Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: XPRO Series Ciss Continuous Ink Supply System for Epson Artisan 800 810 835 837 730 Printer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 24, 2012
After buying an epson artisan 837 for my birthday a few weeks ago, I noticed this photo hobby of mine was going to be very expensive, but not anymore :) This product came shipped full of ink, and not just the tank, I mean the cartridges were full, the tanks were full, and the lines were almost full with some air in the lines. Don't worry about the air because it will push out once you start to use the system. The product's installation manual is very hard to understand and read so I had to enlarge it. It has been written by someone who's first language isn't English, so I'm going to go over the installation in this review. The first thing I would suggest is to find this system on u-tube to get the basic idea of how to install it. Ok first thing, find some pliers and break the plastic lip directly under were it says "artisan 837" on the bottom of the upper lid, so the plastic tube won't get pinched. The plastic will break away very easily. Next insert the cartridge, "DO NOT REMOVE THE TAPE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CARTRIDGE" this is stated in the instructions but it is the last thing they mention. Next remove the shipping plugs on all of the tanks, the shipping plugs are the small rubber plugs on the top of the tanks, the big ones are the refill plugs. Once you have removed the plugs insert the vent plugs were the shipping plugs were, the larger side of the vent plug will go down and press in place. Now you are ready to print, the instructions say to do a nozzle check but I just went for it and my first few pictures looked awesome. As I continued to print I could see the lines becoming more full of ink and the air was being pushed or sucked out of the lines. After printing a few pictures I did have my first glitch, the printer stated it couldn't recognize one or more of the new ink cartridges. The instructions say to turn the printer off and wait a while and turn it back on, but I noticed that sometimes I just have to open the lid and close it and it will reset. The cartridges also come with a reset button so I pressed that too and the error message will go away. When this error message happens you might lose a piece of paper, because it will print a partial part of your picture, but if all you lose is a 60 cent piece of paper every once and a while "no big deal" because you just bought $1000 worth of ink for less than $100. I've printed about 30 8.5x11 pictures before writing this review and I've only had the error message and paper loss 3 times and it seems to be happening less frequent too. Ok let's talk about the picture quality. I printed duplicates of pictures that I had printed with the OEM tanks and I could hardly tell a difference and sometimes I couldn't tell a difference at all. I then printed a color test chart and compared that to my original and I could see a slight difference in shade. It seems that the cis system's ink is a tad bit darker, but I mean just a tad, and I'm sure I could adjust my photo editing software to compensate for it. As for INKXPRO there customer service is awesome, I was able to talk to someone who helped me with the questions I had about the installation and the error message I was getting. I also e-mailed them with other questions and concerns I had and they responded the next day on a weekend, so +A for them. This is a great product, my pictures look perfect, and the savings in ink will be huge. Even though this product had a few glitches when my printer couldn't recognize the cartridges, and the ink isn't a perfect match, but it is very close, and taking into consideration of INKXPRO's +A customer service, and all the money I'm going to save on ink I just had to give this product 5 stars.
on January 29, 2013
I really like the neat clean appearance of this unit as opposed to others that have the reservoirs exposed. Installation would have been a simple matter if the unit had arrived without air in the ink supply lines. The instructions provided leave a lot to be desired. Following my experience, I wrote new instructions and sent them to the seller that should make life easier for other buyers. I did not want to modify my Artisan 837 by cutting the front cover, so I routed the supply tube back and then out the side of the printer at the indentation where you lift the cover. There is just enough room for a snug fit here that doesn't pinch or bind. The seller provides great service and responds to questions promptly. Of course, good instructions would have answered my questions in the first place. The print quality is very good and I am pleased to be able to print color without the outrageous cost of buying manufacturer cartridges.
on April 17, 2013
Although mine came with NO instructions, there was plenty of help on YouTube and a long review here on Amazon. I brought the hose group in through the back by dislocating the back left hinge-pin to carefully insert the hoses and then replacing it in its mounting hole - just requires some outward pressure to to unmount and remount it. Used the provided hose mounting clip up front near the cartidge insert and taped the hoses down near the rear hinge. An extra storage container refill plug was also included with mine - I trimmed off the small end and inserted it into the "lid-closed" hole. By tucking the small rim around the plug into the hole, it is held firmly in place - works MUCH better than the wad of paper towel mentioned in one YouTube clip. With the hose mounting clip in place, the upper lid is held open about 1/3 of an inch, but there is no hose-pinching and the mounting clip is sturdy enough to provide a stable platform for the upper lid. As for the printing results - outstanding autumn pictures of the Colorado Rocky Mountains every bit as high quality as the OEM cartridges. I am ecstatic with the results and there was absolutely no mess the way I installed it - didn't even try to bleed the lines; after about ten test pictures the air bubbles were gone [I did wear hospital gloves which got a tiny bit of ink on them]. Just keep everything on the SAME LEVEL AS THE PRINTER!!! . . . if you place the supply bottles much below that level, ink will bubble out of the air holes - if you have them much higher than the printer, the insert cartidges may leak. All in all, it works very well for me.
on June 1, 2013
I, as always, read the reviews before ordering. With that said, I was prepared for the small hassle of the setup. To all who order, watching the video is a must. I have now been using the product for a week and have had zero problems with it so far. I see no difference in the quality of the colors in any of the many photos that it has produced. I found myself not printing things in the past so I would,t use up my ink. I now have started printing any and everything I want. I have not seen a change in my ink levels at all and have printed a bunch of different things including 3 game walkthroughs which are very long and involved. The shipping was fast and free to Alaska with Amazon Prime. All in all, I couldn't be more satisfied with this product!!!
on April 11, 2013
The ink system was easy to install and worked the first time. I did get my fingers a little stained because there were no gloves included as was specified in the package. The ink seems to be very good and the colors are like the standard ink.
on April 29, 2016
Relatively simple installation, and very good ink quality. Recommended for daily printing requirements.
Caution: DO NOT try and print on Epson Photo Paper with this ink. It does not "dry" properly and all the colors bleed.
on February 20, 2015
Works great like the OEM cartridge. No issue on first install on my Artisan 730. See the photos I attached for modification - I did it so the hose enters on the side of the printer and not on front.
Prompt shipment.
No need to pay 80+ bucks for a set of ink.
review image review image
on February 12, 2014
THIS PEOPLE R UNBELIEVABLE.
I MADE A MISTAKE OF ORDERING THE WRONG SYSTEM.AND THEY HAVE A NUMBER
TO REACH THEM.BY THO WAY THERE FROM NY,MY HOME TOWN.
WELL LIKE I WAS SAYING THEY MADE A REFUND.SO QUICK I DID 'NT EVEN BLINK.
AND REMEMBER THIS AMAZON.YOU CAN LIE ABOUT THIS THINKS.
GUYS PLEASE I NEED THE SYSTEM FOR EPSON SMALL XP-800-810.WITCH EVER.
AND THANK YOU. I KNOW I WILL BUY AGAIN FROM YOU GUYS.
RECOMMENDATIONS. 10 STARSSSSSSSSSSSS WILLIE D1 FROM FLORIDA.
on August 26, 2013
I bought a continuous Ink supply system for my Epson Artisan 730 from FantasyBuy for only $59.99 with their ink reservoirs much bigger than this XPRO Series. I don't know why Inkxpro charges too much for this system ink while their product ink's reservoir is much smaller than the system from FantasyBuy, and they both work the same. Because of this I give them only 3 stars.
on June 8, 2013
Works great, I cut a piece of plastic from the uper part (lid) and a piece from the bottom where the ink cartridges snap in to allow the tubes to route out the back of the printer. You pull and and unhige the hinge pin on the lefthand side as viewing the printer from the front and feed the tubing in under the lid, (this way you do not have to disconnect the tubs from the cartridges). This way the tanks are in the back and the lid closes all the way without pinching the tubs. Ink quality is very good, allthough I do not do pictures. Saves lots of money on ink cartridges......