Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > The Sims 3 - PC forum

Serious Error, New Game button Gray. Win 7 OMG

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 8:21:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 8:25:34 PM PST
Alexandria says:
So I took advantage of the amazing deals amazon has had in the past week on The Sims 3 expansion packs.
I have the Sims 3 base game and the following Expansion packs. Late Night, Pets, World Adventures, Ambitions, and Supernatural.
The game was slow but worked fine until I bought and installed Ambitions and Supernatural. The game worked fine for three sessions maybe Then I loaded the game launcher the next day tried to load my saved game and Got a Serious Error message. I also could not make a new game in any town as the button remains gray.
I have spent over a week trying to fix it. I removed all mods. I followed EVERY TROUBLE SHOOTING method I can find. I spent half of thanksgiving day back and fourth to my computer re-downloading and installing the base game and all EP. They are all digital downloads from Amazon.
I removed and disabled custom content. I did a second uninstall & reinstall when I realized that windows 7 had taken the base game and every ep and saved them in random locations. Filled my hard drive. So I carefully removed it all again. Now after fresh install the saved game is still corrupting. The new game button still becomes grey and if I trying custom content the game looses it. The game also keeps forgetting I bought Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs if it remembers they are still not accessible.
Even now a new EA folder keeps appearing in random places. Below is a list of the locations I found the EA folder with extra sims 3 installs located in. Some had just the Sims 3 folder/game inside which is confusing enough but others had it, all the EPs and Sims medieval & the one expansion I own for it.

Libraries/documents/Electronic arts/

Computer/OS(C:)/Program Files (x86)/Electronic arts/

Computer/OS(C:)/Users/username/My Documents/Electronic arts/

Computer/OS(C:)/Users/Public/

I found more but cant remember them all and the public one keeps reappearing a-lot. I'm glad I didn't buy generations like I wanted to. I was wondering if this machination of EA/ sims 3 folders is what's wrong with my game. I have tried every trouble shooting method I could find. Nothing fixes it except for 1 game play session. The minute I load the launcher again its broken. I save often, I did not use the testingcheatsenabled cheat and tried all those use the save game backup fixes. Nothing works.

I have a dell laptop
Win 7 service pack 1
4 gigs an amd dual core processor.

Any advice? Anyone?

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 9:32:11 AM PST
My advice would be next time, buy the physical copy of the game instead of digital downloads. =\
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Sims 3 - PC forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sims 3 - PC
The Sims 3 - PC by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
3.5 out of 5 stars (1,128)