Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Seriously? $65 for a board game, seriously? Talk about milking Drizzt for name recognition.

Monopoly and the Game of Life are both $20-ish. Yeesh.
[UPDATED] asked by J.D. on June 10, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I agree that $65 is a bit much for it, but it's a far more quality of a product. The figures, cards, and board pieces are abundant and of high quality. I own Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game and Wrath of Ashardalon: A D&D Boardgame and the quality of them are both amazing. While the mrsp is $65, amazon drops the price to $45 quickly and it IS worth it.
J. Rivera answered on July 25, 2011
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with previous poster that although the starting price is indeed high for a board game - quality shines through in spades! Wrath of Ashardalon was chock full of high-uality figures and game elements just not found in typical board games.

I assume Amazon will lower bthe price a month or so after release. I will wait then myself to buy it!
Jeremiah Dvorak answered on July 26, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The other 2 D&D were also $65. Name recognition has nothing to do with it. Does Monopoly have detailed figures? Does Monopoly have an immersive gaming experience? In other words quit bitching and do not buy it.
SCROG answered on October 15, 2011
Comment | 9 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you realize there's a TON of minis inside, tons of cardboard markers, tokens and such. Monopoly has paper cash and like 6 minis. This game should honestly set you back more like $100 for all the custom chits, minis, etc (look at other specialty board games with this much included). Plus who pays MSRP on amazon ;)
Dark Trainer answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, the price is high, but for the general quality of the product I see it being worth it. I'm not saying I'd buy for 65, I still don't fault them for asking this price. I ordered the ravenloft one the other day for $38, can't wait to get this in. I haven't played any of these games yet, though I have thoroughly looked into them. It would be nice if they did put out a cheaper version maybe using cut outs, still... I want these games for the quality miniatures as much as anything.
Chargeit answered on September 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A. Carson answered on October 18, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Obvious troll. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
N/A answered on October 31, 2011
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Heroscape got discontinued for this? They should've just upped the price for the master set to $64.99, let Amazon drop it of $45.00, and let a great miniatures game keep going...O-K.
Gevian R Dargan answered on August 15, 2011
Comment | 0 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product