Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2009 7:46:00 AM PST
I preordered SFIV back in Nov, expecting it to ship on the release date (Feb 17, aka today). Normally Amazon is pretty good about this, and preorders for games ship out either on the release date, or the day before. Unfortunately, this time they dropped the ball. When I popped by Amazon last night shortly after midnight to see what was going on w/ my preorder, I noticed the game was now listed as out of stock, and now it will be in stock on the 19th. Seeing as how that status updated happened immediately after midnight, I can safely assume one of two things:

1. Amazon blew through their entire stock of SFIV filling preorders

or

2. Amazon just never had them in stock to begin with.

I preordered in November. I would like to think that given the date of my preorder, I would have been in the first batch of orders to be filled, however, that's not the case. My guess here is that amazon never even had them, and they've been misleading their customers by implying that they would have them on the 17th. Shame on you Amazon. I could have ordered from a company that actually had copies of the game, or made time to run out to the store if I had known this was going to happen. Bah.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 9:59:17 AM PST
M. Pearcy says:
I agree with you there. I knew something was up when there was no Release date reciving for preorder customers. They knew this was going to be a huge sell item, so why where they lack? Of all games! Knew i should have just ordered it from Gamestop.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 10:03:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2009 1:15:58 PM PST
Ryan J. says:
Yeah, I wish I had the game right now, too. I was tempted to reserve a copy via amazon, but I thought I'd have much better luck looking around at my local stores.

I stopped at Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-mart, GameCrazy, and Toys-R-Us and ended up empty handed.

I came close at GameCrazy, when the clerk asked if I reserved a copy. I said no, then he said "He doesn't have any". Wish I reserved it at that moment. :-( However, I'm not sure if he's just saying that (but there was a huge pile of boxes that just arrived when I walked in the store).

And..gamestop...that's how I bad I want this game. I usually boycott them, but I thought I would give them a chance since I want SF4 pretty bad. Sure enough, the clerks were rude and snotty towards me. Plus, the said they wouldn't have it for about 4-5 days.

Regards and GL getting the game.

EDIT: Well, just called GameStop and they did receive their shipment of SF4s today with 4-5 unreserved copies available. Hopefully, the gamestops around where you all live will be the same. I'm still curious why that clerk just told me 4-5 days instead of check back later today. *sigh* It's like the world doesn't want me to play SF4.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 10:06:48 AM PST
Trent Steele says:
Well, you can always just swing by your local gamestop and see if you can get your hands on a copy. Then when the one from amazon arrives, just return it to Gamestop. Or, just cancel the amazon order.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 10:24:57 AM PST
Derrick says:
I pre-ordered here... expected them to ship today with my overnight Prime shipping.... nope. Well, not yet at least. However, my order claims that I should receive it on the 19th. Not terrible, but I'm going to be really upset if it doesn't come on the 19th.

Checking on Bestbuy.com, they claim the release date is 2/18... which would backup Amazon's claim that I should receive SFIV on the 19th with overnight shipping... that is if Bestbuy's release date is more accurate than the 2/17 date Amazon has always claimed up until today.

I pre-ordered on January 12th.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 10:33:17 AM PST
Trent Steele says:
Amazon still has 2/17 as the release date. But they don't get stock until the 19th -- or so the page says. Best Buy may claim 2/18, but Ebgames.com is shipping now. Today is the official release date. When retailers actually have the item to sell is a different story.

I'm hoping that 2/19 is the date I'll receive it. I also have Prime, but I did 2-day. Usually Amazon offers release date arrival of games, but I didn't see it for this one. What sucks is that if I don't receive it on 2/19 and they ship it that day, then I won't receive it until monday because UPS doesn't deliver on saturday -- which means I lose out on a whole weekend with the game.

So, I may have to employ some gamestop trickery.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 11:34:15 AM PST
Same boat. Says delivery on the 19th... I can live with that I guess. But if its not ill scrub it up in walmart. Amazon will get cancelled.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 12:54:26 PM PST
Derrick says:
I'm in the same boat. I have a Gamestop that is supposedly getting some end at 4pm today. My Pre-order (Prime Overnight) is still fully editable and cancelable. Guess who will be getting my money...? Probably Gamestop.... CA will be getting my tax money because I have no patience for Amazon's slipping dates. Lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 12:55:21 PM PST
Derrick says:
Eric, I'd edit your order and pay for the Prime Overnight. Amazon did discount the game to 56.99 which effectively covers the overnight fee.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 1:44:34 PM PST
Wow Amazon, way to fail hard. How are you going to go and change your dates from the 17th to the 19th on the 17th itself???

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 8:27:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2009 9:39:11 PM PST
TL says:
My delivery estimate is the 19th as well. And I also notice on the info page for the game it says ships in 2-3 weeks. Lame. I hope at 12am on the 19th my delivery date doesn't get changed.

*edit* my order status upgraded to items preparing for shipment. So for people with delivery dates of the 19th it looks good.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 9:10:20 PM PST
A. Love says:
i didnt pre order from amazon nor any other stores I thought it will be there because not many people care about fighting games. But i was thinkning of pre- ordering Resident Evil 5 BUT After reading all of these problems its best to just pre-order from Gamespot and when the day comes simply get off my butt and GO get it myself. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE! YOU GOTTA DO IT YOURSELF!

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 9:25:41 PM PST
Derrick says:
My pre-ordered SFIV for Xbox360 just changed to "getting ready to ship". It looks like my pre-order will be shipping on the 18th with overnight delivery on the 19th.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 12:46:30 AM PST
G. Chadwell says:
2 to 3 weeks now? WTF!!

I cancelled all my preorders with Amazon, I got lucky and found a copy of the PS3 version at my local Gamestop, they had plenty of 360 versions also. I just ordered the Arcade Stick by Hori for my 360, the PS3 version is going up for sale, it feels lonely on the Playsation Network, I am also selling my opened but perfect Chun Li controller by Mad Catz. I love my PS3 but Live is the way to go.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 7:19:55 AM PST
A. Yeganeh says:
My shipping status just switched to "Shipping soon," but my estimate is still for the 23rd, even with 1 day shipping. Whats the deal? I really, REALLY hope that it ships out today and gets to me at least by friday.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 9:20:54 AM PST
Mine also says the 23rd with 1 day shipping. This is complete BS to change the dates on the release date of the game. I emailed them and got a reply saying that i SHOULD be able to get the game before the estimated time.
If Amazon doesnt get the next batch until the 19th how am i supposed to get this before the 23rd considering they dont ship on weekends. If i dont get this by the 19th like they said I will never shop at amazon again.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 10:27:29 AM PST
I said heck with this mess ...canned my order and went to best buy and picked up a copy and a Ken controller. I wanna play the game not play around.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 11:35:25 AM PST
Derrick says:
Pre-order shipped!

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 12:35:17 PM PST
A. Yeganeh says:
Wow Derrick it shipped for you? Mine is still in the "Shipping Soon" stage. Is that the same phase as "Getting Ready to Ship?" If not, then I probably won't get this game until the weekend. If so, then maybe I get this game tomorrow/friday.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 12:39:03 PM PST
L. Cong says:
My order says shipping estimate Feb 23rd, delivery estimate march 2nd-6th. To the hell amazon, I've made an order at Bestbuy, will pick it up after work today.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 2:30:27 PM PST
my shipping status changed to "shipping soon" last night (around midnight), however, the game STILL hasn't shipped out. So, to recap, Amazon said it would be available on the release date, which turned out to be untrue. They then updated my order to "shipping soon" and took my money (thus ensuring I can't grab it elsewhere in the meantime), but have failed to ship the game, despite it being in "shipping soon" status all day. In the past I've had some great preorder experiences w/ amazon..... this one is beginning to change my mind on going with them in the future.

Posted on Feb 18, 2009 3:39:56 PM PST
My order has changed from Shipping Soon to Shipped. I should recieve it by tomorrow. I also have 1 day shipping so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2009 10:05:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2009 10:07:40 PM PST
Derrick says:
Yes, with tracking. I must admit that others' stories scare me a little. I may rethink preordering for items I will eventually obsess a little too much about when the launch date arrives. Hell, I have a SFIV party this weekend with 2 HORI RAP.EX joysticks on hand that I recently ordered.

FYI
+ Preordered Xbox 360 Standard Edition January 14th.
+ Shipped Prime Overnight February 18th. (1+ day more than preorder promised date)

Posted on Feb 19, 2009 12:17:46 AM PST
B. Ratliff says:
Just ordered today with overnight shipping. Been on the fence about this game for awhile as an old fan feeling a little nostalgic. Ordered around 6pm, item shipped about 45 minutes later and is showing as schedule to be delivered tomorrow.

Sure am glad I didn't preorder. =)

Posted on Feb 19, 2009 10:29:21 AM PST
Trent Steele says:
Amazon shipped mine yesterday (the 18th) and I received it today. Glad I didn't change my order as one person said to go with the overnight. Well done Amazon. You made good on getting it to me before the weekend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Street Fighter IV - Playstation 3
Street Fighter IV - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (219)