Seriously. Only including the regular edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 6:07:05 AM PDT
Viper187 says:
FAIL. Limited Edition bundle should have every goddamn thing. Not worth the bundle unless they include everything from the Limited Edition of the game. I hate buying DLC later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 8:52:06 PM PDT
J. Hust says:
It does say : Custom Content: Receive a code for downloadable Halo 4 content, including a unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop. in the product features. Not sure if they are the same dlc codes from the limited edition of the game or ones exclusive to this console though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 5:12:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 5:12:38 AM PDT
Viper187 says:
The limited edition of the game includes the goddamn map packs.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:56:18 PM PDT
THIS!! I don't know why more people aren't taking issue with this. What kind of super Halo fan would want the console but not the limited edition with the map packs? Anyone who buys this is either forced to trade up for the limited edition or buy the map packs individually for more money. Scam for the poor saps who rightfully assume they are getting the limited edition.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 1:36:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 1:36:50 PM PDT
That or buy a separate copy of the Limited Edition and sell the standard edition to someone for 40 bucks. Or try to sell it at Gamestop while they give a minimum of 30 bucks.

The real perk of the Limited Edition is the steel book.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:31:22 PM PDT
J. Stack says:
Real nice and sexy design. although buying maps for 10$ or so more, or whatever they will be, isn't as bad as it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 6:48:14 PM PDT
Viper187 says:
The ones for Reach were like 1600 per map pack. The Limited edition of H4 includes 3 packs, so $30 more.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 5:59:43 PM PDT
Joseph Rakar says:
well i took this into consideration. i figure buying this console and the limited edition would be a good solution, say you have a friend who has an xbox and live ect. you can always give said friend or sell to said friend the gae that came with the console

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 6:13:56 PM PDT
Viper187 says:
Or I can get just the LE and hope the console goes on sale later like the Gears 3 one did. Although, I may be wanting the second copy for achievement boosting purposes anyway. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 12:11:07 PM PDT
Ken Stratton says:
This will likely make me skip buying this consule. It is a waste of money for the true fan to have to go and buy the limited edition game and then deal with the hassle of getting rid of the standard edition that comes with this consule.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:37:24 AM PDT
Mikey says:
Looking at the math is still a great deal for the H4 console bundle, (especially since amazon dropped its price by 50 bucks), but it is sort of a "backhanded compliment" that it only comes with the standard edition of the game.... I just can't see myself dropping an extra 100 bucks for the LE version of the game, despite all the extras, when i'm buying the console.

But there is always the possibility, (although its highly remote and unlikely) that microsoft could have added special DLC to the console's thats not being advertised as a bonus to gamers.... (i know, a foolish dream, but one can still dream, lol)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 10:47:16 PM PDT
Aww QQ it doesnt come with the LE edition of Halo, thats real cute. People still whine about something like they are forced to buy it.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 10:55:35 PM PDT
Also heres a little something i picked up from the internet enjoy your overpriced LE halo
Standard edition of the game: $60
Standard edition of War Games: $25
Total cost of Limited Edition: $100

By buying the standard edition of the game plus the standard edition War Games you spend $85, get the game, the DLC, and a bit of armor.

By buying the limited edition of the game you get the following (from the GameStop website):

Steelbook Case with special artwork

Digital content also included:
1. Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
2. Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
3. Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn *note, this is going to be streamed from Waypoint and NOT on a disc*

This will be available on YouTube damn near release day.

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
1. Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
2. Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
3. An exclusive in-game emblem
4. Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
5. Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set

The unique skin is for the very first armor. Granted, Recruit is one of the better looking ones, but I expect a lot of people will be using something other than Recruit a week at most after launch. The Assault Rifle is the same old Assault Rifle from before, so most people into Halo enough to be considering the LE will probably never use it. Or, at least, rarely use it. The emblem is meh, it's an Emblem. I doubt that many people care that much that an emblem is make it or break it. Same for the avatar stuff.

The Limited Edition also contains:
1. The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet (Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the Infinity, and insight into theSpartan IVs)
2. War Games Map Packs
3. Early access to Specializations
4. The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

The Briefing Packet will most likely all be uploaded to the Halo Wiki (or at least to some place on the internet) very quickly. As already stated, the map packs are armorless. The Specializations are the exact same as in the final game only you get to use them all a bit earlier than everyone else. And now if you buy the Standard Edition and play it on Xbox Live before November 20th you get a code for early specializations emailed to the email associated with your XBL account FOR FREE. And Forward Unto Dawn will be able to be found online too. The difference of the Special Edition for FuD is the same as what you'd find in the Special Features of DVDs (making of, etc.).

Also worth noting is that Forward Unto Dawn is going to be released on Bluray and DVD, meaning that you will have access to the full FuD that the LE gets as something special (though later than the release of the LE) but you won't have to stream it.

This means that for the $40 you spend extra you get the following in-game content that the people not spending the extra get: Recruit Prime skin, Assault Rifle skin, Recruit emblem, and War Games.

As War Games is $25 that means that for $15 you get sine in-game content you will likely rarely use, early access to specializations that everyone who didn't pay extra also have, crap for your avatar, and a bunch of fluff that will be available online.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 5:02:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 9:02:00 PM PDT
Um... I have to disagree a bit w/complaining that regular game is only included w/the system.
I payed way more for the GEARS OF WAR LE console and the controllers were not glowing red or red lighting,
plus it is fun to put the disk in.. compared to that of a regular 360 slim regardless ya get a extra 70gb HHD (320GB)
vs 250HHD.
This console will be nice to go w/the GOW console.. (RED)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:23:35 PM PDT
The only real let down for me in not getting the LE game was the fact that we didn't get the same release day access to the specializations but recently i saw a post on a forum stating that 343 was going to allow everyone who got the game and played it early to access all of the specializations early via an emailed code of some sort

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:28:15 AM PDT
Yeah anyone who plays the game before I think nov 20th? not sure...will have access to the early specialization, and the map packs if you buy them without the LE version you get like an extra armor or so

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:31:04 AM PST
the extra armor from the LE is just a skin though and the actual armor is unlockable without buying the LE..reportedly the only really exclusive armor comes from the halo 4 xbox

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:32:13 PM PST
Joseph Rakar says:
limited edition is just a season pass thing you pretty much download each individually so le gets any privelages the regular gets from dlc

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:24:09 PM PST
Pravius says:
What's the point? Seriously....? Why would you artifically boost your achievement points? Do you do it just to extend your epeen and brag to people how you cheated to get them? Can't stand people that cheat in any matter.. it's dumb, ruins everyone elses experience, just do it normally and maybe you will actually feel accomplished a little by doing something on your own without cheating your way through it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 2:19:24 PM PST
Viper187 says:
Some of us hate multiplayer but would prefer our games list show 100% completion for achievements. That's why. How does putting together a full lobby of friends and guests ruin anyone else's "experience?" Moreover, once games get old and people stop playing them the only way to get the achievements is to get a group together for that specific purpose, and that's assuming the bastards don't shut the servers down. You don't have an unlimited amount of time to unlock online achievements, unlike solo. I'm actually sitting on 300 Xbox 360 games right now. I mainly play solo, but I hate incomplete games so I look to boost the multiplayer. There are plenty of games that have awesome solo, but nobody in their right mind enjoyed the multiplayer enough to get the achievements legit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (347)