Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2011 5:12:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2011 5:12:34 PM PDT
LoVe BoOks says:
So what, the Casts have decided that milking their fanbase by writing 12 books which have been mostly fillers lately wasn't enough, they now go for a novella series based on the already way too long drawn out HON series? Seriously?

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 12:21:06 PM PDT
VampyreGrl says:
I for one, is really excited by the novellas coming. I don't feel milked out of money. They aren't making you buy anything. I'll be buying all 12 books, all the novellas and any official guide books they make. I already have 1-8 in hardcover and the Handbook 101,

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 7:52:25 AM PDT
Lacey says:
The Casts need to spend less time pushing out garbage and focus on the plot of the HoN series. Their last few books have been lacking. When I started reading this series It was really good, but I've been disappointed by the last 4. I only continue to read HoN hoping it will end already. I am definately not going to be reading about Dragon who is already a boring character.

Posted on May 11, 2011 11:01:55 PM PDT
VampyreGrl says:
How is Dragon boring? I would love to take his class. He just lost his wife and he is in mourning. I find him to be one of my favorite teachers.

Posted on May 12, 2011 11:25:18 PM PDT
shughes says:
So I'm kinda torn about how I feel about this book. Yea the last few HON books have been lacking but I love the character and the world that the Casts have created. I'm hoping that maybe focusing on Dragon gave them a little breather to really make the next HON book something amazing.

Posted on May 20, 2011 12:06:48 PM PDT
Sandy Gibbs says:
Well I think the Casts suffer badly from Robert Jordan syndrome, start an amazing series then milk it dry. Anyone could skip the last book and not miss a thing. As authors they seem to have zero integrity, their fan's just being cash cows. I've seen it over and over, even the excellent VA series suffered by being extended in length.

Posted on May 28, 2011 6:03:47 PM PDT
I gave up, it was crazy, especially their time line. They had an amazing first few books and then it just became terrible and drug out. I wouldn't mind the length If you actually had most of it filled with plot and on a destination, but I don't know anymore I gave up after Burned.

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:37:07 PM PDT
VampyreGrl says:
I have all the books out and I don't see any signs of the books going downhill yet. I cant wait to get this novella and also Destined in Oct. I have the handbook 101 as well and will be getting the book on Nyx in June

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 7:14:23 PM PDT
Lacey says:
SMH....

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:41:11 AM PDT
I don't think the books were lacking. Maybe it's just me. I enjoyed them! I couldn't wait for the next book to come out. My daughter and I read them over and over. I'm not so enthused about the Novella, but I'll buy it when it comes out.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 11:50:11 AM PDT
VampyreGrl says:
I'm really excited the for novella. I just got the book on Nyx and it was really good

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 5:58:34 PM PDT
VampyreGrl says:
I picked the book up at K-mart and it was worth the price and wait for it

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 6:56:18 PM PDT
Lacey says:
I saw this book at target... and walked by.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 1:14:29 PM PDT
toria57 says:
I liked the story- but wish I had paid more attention to the product discription. I would have waited for a used copy to show up, instead of paying the pre-order price ( I think was $10.99 plus shipping). For 145 pages. I haven't paid that for any other full book in the series! That will teach me to be more careful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas)
Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas) by P. C. Cast (Hardcover - July 12, 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (212)