To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3) Hardcover – May 1, 2012
|New from||Used from|
"Riders" By Veronica Rossi
A new fantasy adventure from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Veronica Rossi. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Sadie Kane: "Reading? You should talk to my brother the genius… Sometimes I read books about London and occasionally I try to learn new hieroglyphics, but mostly I’m too busy with trainees and trying to defeat Apophis.”
My Reading List:
• The Symbolic World of Egyptian Amulets by Philippe Germond
• Treasures of the British Museum by Marjorie Caygill
• The Annotated Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
• A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
• The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• City Secrets London: The Essential Insider’s Guide by Robert Kahn and Tim Adams
• The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
• Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian by R.O. Faulkner
• Egyptian Love Spells and Rituals by Claudia Dillaire
• Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Carter Kane: “I read a lot. That’s why Sadie calls me Mr. Wikipedia. My dad is a pretty big history buff, so I read classics and try to learn as much as I can about Egypt and my ancestors. It’s good research when you’re trying to saving the world.”
My Reading List:
• The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Civilizations by John Haywood
• Falconry: The Essential Guide by Steve Wright
• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
• The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr., by Martin Luther King and Clayborne Carson
• The Egyptian Book of the Dead translated by Robert P. Winston and Wallace Budge
• Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
• The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt by Elizabeth Payne
• The LA Lakers: 50 Amazing Years in the City of Angels by the LA Times Sports Staff
• Britannia in Brief: The Scoop on All Things British by Leslie Baker and William Mullins
• The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series, and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. Pre-order the official script book today. Kindle | Hardcover
More About the Author
For fifteen years, Rick taught English and history at public and private middle schools in the San Francisco Bay Area and in Texas. In 2002, Saint Mary's Hall honored him with the school's first Master Teacher Award.
While teaching full time, Riordan began writing mystery novels for grownups. His Tres Navarre series went on to win the top three national awards in the mystery genre - the Edgar, the Anthony and the Shamus. Riordan turned to children's fiction when he started The Lightning Thief as a bedtime story for his oldest son.
Today over 35 million copies of his Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles, and Heroes of Olympus books are in print in the United States, and rights have been sold into more than 35 countries. Rick is also the author of The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones, another #1 New York Times bestseller.
Rick Riordan now writes full-time. He lives in Boston with his wife and two sons.
Top Customer Reviews
I don't know why I doubted his abilities for a second.
Packed with the humor, action, and romance we've come to expect (not to mention including a suble nod or two to our friends in Manhattan), the final instalment in the Kane Chronicles Trilogy is guarenteed to keep you on the edge of your seat till the very end. An absolute must-read!
In this third and final book in the Kane trilogy, Riordan once again weaves his magic to create an epic battle and a memorable story. Riordan weaves a tale that will keep the reader on the edge of the seat through the twists and turns that are created, wondering and hoping that all of our heroes survive to do battle one more time. There's plenty of humor, some romance, the return of old friends, and lots of fun twists in this tale. And possibly a hint or two of future adventures to come. It's an epic read and I highly recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you are a fan of Riordan you will most likely enjoy this book. At times it is a bit of a harder read because of the Egyptian mythology. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Christiana J. Mustion
Awesome book! You should make a
Cross with ww2 roman Greek and Egyptian demigods. Great book I have read in a while
A very entertaining book that kept me at the edge of my seat. I loved every moment when reading this awesome book.Published 21 days ago by ken