5.0 out of 5 stars A good ending for the story arc, hope there are more!
I thought this was a great ending for the trilogy. I just hope we will see more of the Kane family if another series soon. Loved the cameo appearances from Camp Half Blood at the school dance! :-) I hope we might see a story arc mixing the demi gods and the magicians at some point?!
Published on May 9, 2012 by Mom of Two

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit on long winded side
Published on October 24, 2012 by Lisa SS

5.0 out of 5 stars A good ending for the story arc, hope there are more!, May 9, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Riordan's Fans Won't Be Disappointed, May 3, 2012
With "The Serpent's Shadow," Rick Riordan sticks with his winning formula: gods and heroes (or magicians) must work together to save the world--and they only have a few days to do it. In the final book of the Kane Chronicle, Carter and Sadie have to complete a quest to stop Apophis and the forces of chaos before they destroy all of the created order. Along the way there's plenty of humor, a little romance, some crazy outfits, and lots of fun twists as Riordan brings Egyptian mythology into the modern world. Fans of Riordan's Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series will notice a couple cameos--and some hints of more adventures to come. It's a fun romp of a read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again!, May 6, 2012
This review is from: The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book Three) (Kindle Edition)
Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive going into this. Rick had left far more questions than answers at the end of TOF, and I had a horrible feeling that I was going to be disappointed with some of the resolutions.

I don't know why I doubted his abilities for a second.

Packed with the humor, action, and romance we've come to expect (not to mention including a suble nod or two to our friends in Manhattan), the final instalment in the Kane Chronicles Trilogy is guarenteed to keep you on the edge of your seat till the very end. An absolute must-read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of the series, May 13, 2012
A Kid's Review
I've got to admit that the first two books in the Kane Chronicles I was not crazy about. They werent quite on the Percy Jackson level that i love- But this one is incredible. I love it. It is easily the best part of the trilogy. Rick Riordan tied in some stuff from Percy's world, too-Piper McLean's enemy Drew is the local mean girl and Lacy (also from the Aphrodite cabin) is a friend of Sadie's. The characters reach the depth they need in this book. The ending is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic conclusion, May 8, 2012
Andy Shuping (White River Junction, VT USA) - See all my reviews
Apophis is rising and chaos is about to destroy the world. And only Carter and Sadie Kane can stop him. But the only ones left to stand with them are the young magicians of Brooklyn House as their allies are being attacked, the House of Life is divided and on the brink of the civil war, and the gods themselves stand apart. To put an end to Apophis they need to find a spell that has been lost for a millennia and the only one that can lead them to it is the ghost of a deadly magician. Can Carter and Sadie do the impossible one last time? Or will the world fall into chaos?

In this third and final book in the Kane trilogy, Riordan once again weaves his magic to create an epic battle and a memorable story. Riordan weaves a tale that will keep the reader on the edge of the seat through the twists and turns that are created, wondering and hoping that all of our heroes survive to do battle one more time. There's plenty of humor, some romance, the return of old friends, and lots of fun twists in this tale. And possibly a hint or two of future adventures to come. It's an epic read and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riordan strikes perfection, May 11, 2012
An excellent solution to an excellent serises! Riordan has done it again! He always describes with such great detail and precision. A pleasure to read. I hope he continues to excert what great talent he has on future books. Though the mythology theme is getting old. No of the less, this book is an excellent read and I would recommend it to anyone regardless of age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Serpent's Shadow, September 3, 2012
Pearl "bumper15" (Federal Way, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Okay, I'm over 21 but I love Riordan's YA books. I wait as avidly for them as the teens. He manages to teach them responsibility and self-reliance without being preachy, like many of the books that I enjoyed as teen. I'm getting them to read Heinlein and Orson Scott Card also.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit on long winded side, October 24, 2012
I've loved previous versions of the Kane Chronicles however on this third book The Serpent's Shadow, I found Riordan to be a bit long winded and not able to wrap up some the chapters. Often and especially towards the end, I was ready for the chapter to come to a close but instead Riordan felt the need to be very long winded. Also the siblings tugging to regain control of the narrative felt contrite and unnecessary. Maybe younger readers will enjoy it but I often felt like please make the point and move on. Solid but long winded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maci's Review - The Serpent’s Shadow (Kane Chronicles #3) by Rick Riordan, December 17, 2014
Maci and Zoe (Northridge, CA) - See all my reviews
Hi – We wanted you to know a little about us, before you read this review – We are Maci and Zoe - twins in the tenth grade and are thrilled to share our love of books with you. Maci plays the trombone and Zoe plays the trumpet in our school Marching Band. When we are not reading, doing homework, or practicing music we like to go on adventures with our Girl Scout troop. We read every chance we get.

The Serpent’s Shadow by Rick Riordan is the best of the Kane chronicles. In this book Carter and Sadie Kane must stop the Aphosis, which everyone says is impossible, figure out and teach the path of the gods, and stop some rogue magicians from killing them. The House of Life is in a civil war, the rogue magicians, that Aphosis had under his thumb in the previous book, are trying to take control. Sadie and Carter figure out a way to stop Aphosis but they have to beat all odds to be able to put the plan into action. There is also the pressing issue of finding a cure for Walt…..

This is by far the best of the Kane chronicles. It also had sublet hints about a crossover series between the Percy Jackson series and the Kane chronicles. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked the Percy Jackson series and Egyptian mythology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do, May 30, 2014
skill dBm h tv ghost ::) dc ::) dc hi if dc j ttc dc :/ this was another great book!