5.0 out of 5 stars Body alignment is much better
Published 17 months ago by Jalleer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last beyond the trial period.
Published 4 months ago by Kris Salem

5.0 out of 5 stars Body alignment is much better, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Serta iComfort Revolution Savant Mattress - Queen (Kitchen)
I have never had a memory foam mattress in the past. I tried one in a store but I sank so deep into them, I felt like I needed a tow rope to roll over or get out of bed. It was kind of a suffocating feeling for me to sink that deep. Recently I needed a new bed, went into a furniture store, and was pointed to IComfort Revolution. Thinking I was NOT going to like it, I humored the salesperson and spread out on the bed. Yes, it had that memory foam feel.... But, I continued to lie on the bed and began to notice something interesting. The foam started to gently conform to my body. If you have a larger posterior, lying on a coil mattress elevates your spine at the small of your back. This bed kept my spine in perfect alignment. Did I feel like I needed a tow rope, no way. Easy to turn over, easy to get out of bed. I must have spent 30 minutes on that bed, moving here and there. She then took me to the coil mattresses and it became totally clear. You sleep ON TOP of a coil mattress. You sleep IN a memory foam. Since there is 120 day trial period, I decided to give it a try.

Bed was delivered over a month ago. When I first sat on it I thought, oh this is firmer than the store. Did I make a mistake? But that night I crawled into bed hoping for the best and found the same comfort as I had in the store. The gentle sinking of heavier parts of your body, keeping the body aligned. Shoulders do not hurt when sleeping on side. This is probably the BEST bed I have EVER slept on. I would HIGHly recommend this bed to anyone. It is true what they say about other people getting in the bed. You do not feel the motion. It is just great. Once you get used to the 'different feel" when you first get in, you will love this mattress.

I have read that people get too hot in foam beds but that this one has a gel layer that prevents this from happening. It is winter, so I am not sure about that. I have two blankets on my bed for winter and flannel sheets and if I get too warm, I throw one blanket off but find that I pull it back on at some point. So the temperature issue, I am not sure about. It seems to behave like my older coil bed.

CON: The ONLY Con to this bed is when you take the plastic off the mattress, let it air for a week or so before using it as there is some off gassing but that goes away.

SUMMARY: I would highly recommend this bed to anyone, especially if you have back problems. I started using this bed approximately 1 week after 3 level back fusion. I am not sure if it was the Polar care Unit or this bed, but 1 month postoperative, I am doing fantastic. I have never been able to say I loved my bed before buying IComfort Revolution but you have to try it. You will LOVE IT.

8/11/2013 UPDATE: It has been about 10 months since I bought this bed. No sagging, no indentations. The memory foam continues to come right back up. Sitting on the end of the bed it great. No sagging. Am I sorry I bought the bed. No. I would have bought this bed again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for my back issues-much cooler then Tempurpedic, May 21, 2012
If you can go to a show room and try them out, I recommend that first. If you have back issues, you will know right off the bat which is best for you. Each Icomfort has different firmness and feel, as well as support.

For me laying on this bed began to easy my pain. I tried high priced Temperpedic beds and had to switch. I tried others and they were hot at night.

The matress is flat. Durable, and much cooler then standard memory foam beds. Temperpedic, and a ffew others use old memory foam technology. Some cheaper ones offer poor center core support.

This bed was a Goldylocks bed. it wasn't to soft, wasn't to firm, it was just right. While some copy paste reviews out there seem to be targeted agaisnt it and keep pushing their brands hidden as reviews. The clear choice was the feel of the bed and how it alleviated discomfort rather then still feelign it, or making it worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it so far!, November 26, 2012
Toni (Tampa, FL) - See all my reviews
I had an older Serta mattress, and when it came time to replace it this month, I decided to go with the icomfort (the revolution is now called the Savant model, from what I understand.) I absolutely love it so far. I am a side sleeper with major insomnia issues, and while this isn't a magic pill that fixed everything, I am a lot more comfortable at night, and I'm already finding I toss and turn to relieve pain points a lot less. I love that it's soft, but supportive in all the places I need it to be. I'd recommend it to anyone right now, but if anything changes, I'll be sure to update the review!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last beyond the trial period., November 30, 2013
After 2 years, no support whatsoever on king mattress. The mattress sinks where we sleep the most and we have both developed back pains in places never before felt. It was great the first six months, but after that it went downhill (pun intended). The memory foam definitely has memory, as it comes up flat within seconds so that the mattress appears to be perfect when no one is on it. However, all it takes is a bit of weight to see how far it sinks. Hopefully, Serta will honor the warranty....this mattress is worthless. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ AND JEOPARDIZE YOUR BACK on this mattress. This is the second Serta product that disappoints. I will never buy anything form Serta again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to be forewarned about how to sleep on this bed......, December 22, 2013
Jennifer C. (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
I am returning this mattress after the 30-day trial, but I'm not calling it a total wash. It's just not the mattress for me. However, I think Serta needs to be more up front with how to sleep on this mattress.

The mattress is very soft of comfortable to lie on. That's what sold me in the showroom. I am a side sleeper, and it does conform to my body well.

The problem I had is heat. The 'cooling gel' is bogus. Be forewarned. If I sleep with my usual sheet and thin cotton blanket I wake up at 3:00am feeling like every part of my skin touching the mattress is on fire. The closest thing I can compare it to is hot flashes! This is why I am returning the mattress. If you sleep with little to no covers you might not have that problem. If I had been told that up front I never would have purchased this mattress. I bought into the cooling gel. Don't make my mistake.

I have to say that I was able to return this after 30 days with no problem. Check your store and how they handle the Serta in-home 120-day guarantee. It varies store-to-store. I bought mine from Mattress World in the Orlando, Florida-area, and they have been great.

I believed the online reviews that the highest rated mattresses are memory foam. Not for me--I returned the iComfort and purchased an inner spring piece of heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in...hand down!, November 26, 2013
We were definitely in need of a new bed, our old spring coil was 13 years old and we were hurting and achy for the last few years...even turned in 90 degrees instead of 180 because of sagging. I like firm mattress and my DH a little softer. We had read about how hot the memory foam mattresses, the hybrids, etc. We spent about an hour with the salesman and decided to go with the Savant King.

We've had it for 3 weeks now and it's the best bed we both have ever slept on. We don't hurt in the mornings anymore, and i almost can't wait to climb in at night and don't want to get out of it in the morning. I'm a side sleeper and that first feel of my hip sinking slowly into the foam and the support at my waist is heaven. (remember I like firm mattresses!). Neither of us wake up with the aches and pains we had.
Since it is a fairly new type of mattress, we are a bit concerned at how it will hold up. All mattresses break down, but we decided even if it only lasts 5 years it will be worth it. We spent $2500 with tax and that would be $500 a year (1/3 of our life) in that bed and money well spent. I'll happily get a new one every 5 years if it lasts and feels good that entire time.

With the 120 day return policy, we figured it was a no brainer to give it a try! There is a firmer one availabe. About 5 inches down is a layer of latex that sort of pushes the memory foam back up a bit when you reach that point. It was still very comfortable, but I like the savant better.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Serta iComfort does not last for long, December 12, 2013
I purchased the Serta I Comfort last November and for the first 6 months, it was very comfortable. A couple months ago, I started to notice every morning that it was hard to move and my back was sore again, because the mattress was losing it firmest. I contacted Serta and had it inspected, their answer was the mattress is not bad enough. They measure ½” deflection and I have to wait until is over ¾” before they will take care of the problem. In the meantime, my back has to suffer.

2.0 out of 5 stars From best to pretty bad, March 1, 2014
First 8 months my wife and I agree this was the best, most comfortable mattress we have ever slept on. It actually improved the quality of our lives.

Then, the big sink. The other reviews are right. This mattress collapses over time. We sleep now sleep in two separate valleys divided by a ridge line in the middle. Hopefully Serta will stand by their warrantee. I'll report back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 19, 2014
this mattress is wonderful! I haven't slept this good in years. UPS brought it to my front door and even helped me carry it up the stairs.

2.0 out of 5 stars For the first year, it's great. But then...., April 5, 2014
Chris Dambra (Huntington Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
Okay, if you're less than 180lbs or so, you probably won't have a problem with this bed. However, I'm 225 and have now had our Revolutions (double Twin XLs side by side adjustables) for just under 2 years. I noticed a few months ago that in the mornings, the center of my side would dip in the middle creating a very uncomfortable wake up. My wife only weighs 120lbs so her side is fine.

I called Serta for a warranty replacement but they say they'll only replace it if the indention is 3/4" or more. You can lay on each side and feel the huge "give" it makes compared to my wife's side. But it doesn't actually 'stay' that way when you get off. Total BS! So they lie when they give that warranty.

DON'T BUY IT if you weigh more than about 200lbs!

ARRAY(0x9d45a1b0)