From the Publisher
Combining conceptual rigor with real-world examples and practical applications, this combination text/reader/casebook explores both concepts and techniques of marketing for an exceptionally broad range of service categories and industries.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Services marketing, once a tiny academic field championed by just a handful of pioneering professors, has become a thriving area of activity. Paralleling growing research efforts in both academia and business is increased student interest in taking courses that focus on different aspects of managing service organizations, including marketing. This makes a lot of sense from a career standpoint, since most business school graduates will be going to work in service industries and managers report that manufacturing-based models of business practice are not always useful to them.
Distinguishing Features of Services Marketing, Fourth Edition
This highly readable book includes
- a strong managerial orientation and strategic focus
- use of conceptual frameworks that have been classroom tested for relevance to both MBA students and executive seminar participants
- incorporation of key academic research findings
- use of interesting examples to link theory to practice
- inclusion of carefully selected readings and cases to accompany the text chapters