Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2012
I was disappointed in this toy. We got it for my daughter for her second birthday because her older sister has a Dora Microphone that they always argued over. We don't have the Elmo that this works with, so I can't speak to how they work together.

This is a cute toy, but as a microphone it isn't very good at all. You have to press your mouth against the part you speak into to hear anything amplified, and even then you don't hear much...or you just get squeaky feedback.

If you want to get your child a microphone, look for the Dora one...it is 100 times better than this one.
on June 10, 2013
The microphone does not amplify my son's voice at all. The buttons on the side are too easily pressed when just trying to hold it, so it keeps changing the song it singing without finishing the one before. My son never plays with it. I would never buy it again and wish I could return it!
on May 29, 2013
I was searching all over for this particular microphone, because my daughter tried to sneak it into our diaper bag every time we visited our friends house. Very cute toy, and not too loud, which is great!
on February 9, 2014
This microphone was cheap, so I didn't expect a whole lot. Like others have said, there is NO amplification with this microphone. It also has a very limited song selection. My son liked it at first, but got bored with it very quickly.
on February 16, 2012
My daughter loves Elmo so she got the rock with me Elmo for Christmas. I have been getting her the 3 instruments that interact with him and they all are great. She gets tons of entertainment out of them, and it they take the beating a small child gives to them with no problems. Very happy with this product!
on February 18, 2014
Purchased this along with Rock n Roll Elmo a couple of years ago and it was a total waste. My daughter never was interested in it and I can't blame her since it doesn't do much. As other reviewers have said, there is zero amplification and other than playing a couple of songs, that's about it. I wouldn't recommend this. Rock n Roll Elmo has since ceased working (which is a story for another review) so this is even less useful.
on July 18, 2012
Our daughter loves anything musical, so we were excited to get a toy she could sing along with. Unfortunately, this only plays a couple songs and fails miserably at amplifying her voice. It does such a poor job of this, she doesn't even understand it's purpose and she is almost 2. I had to talk loudly into the microphone and could only hear a garbled weak version of my voice. An empty paper towel roll provides more amplification and is free. With all the musical toys out there (many on which are also educational), I strongly recommend not to spend the money on this product. I'm dissapointed that the Sesame Street name is on such a badly executed toy.
on January 24, 2012
Bought this as a gift for my 2yr old, he loves it. If your kids love grover and sesame street and love musical toys, this is a great item! Received this item in perfect condition, on time as said when ordered.
on December 29, 2014
Ordered this for my 2 year old grandson. Very disappointing. This microphone came with batteries in it that were so corroded we had to take sand paper and clean off the connections and the battery area. It was awful. I have never received such a disappointing product when ordering through Amazon.
on December 29, 2011
We bought the entire set for my daughter. Elmo, the guitar, the mic, and the keyboard. She loves it, however my other children and I hear a high pitched screaming tone when you turn on the toy. I do not know if this is normal or if the toys are communicating with this frequency but it is excruciating. I want to contact the seller for a replacement or explanation if this is normal but there is no link to do that. Can anyone help me where to turn. Our ears are practically bleeding, but if I take this toy from my toddler she will fall into a deep depression.