Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2014
I was very disappointed by this dvd. It's only about 15 min long (which, I guess if I'd read a little more closely I would have seen...?) However, LOGICALLY I would have assumed that each letter got more than a brief little sketch, given the many years of programs Sesame Street has to draw from. I love the older Sesame Street, but this dvd is a bit of a dud.
on December 2, 2008
Sesame Street has great content, but I am frustrated with the navigation issues (they are the same for many of the Sesame Street DVDs -- read reviews). You are forced to sit through commericals for Sesame Street, you can't fast forward or jump to the main menu. My toddler loses interest while I have to wait until the nav shows up to press the play button. Best to start the DVD and then wander back when you want to see it. A shame they messed it up -- the best kids DVDs go right to the menu.
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
This video is very good for eaching kids their ABC's my son is in lobe with it. He started watching it at an early age and started singing his ABC"s at 18months. However i don't like the song they used for letter "M". "M is for monster, M is for monster like me." I mean there are so many words in the dictionary that start with M and are easy for toddlers to pronounce. It's not appropriate for children to be singing songs saying that they are monsters. That's the only thing i don't like about this CD. Other than that, it's awesome for teaching kids their ABC's
on December 8, 2009
This dvd opens with a 2 minute long unskippable ad. Fast forward, menu, title -- All disabled.

We don't watch it, because I have to watch the ad to be around to press play.

Video content is not bad, I guess.
on January 15, 2007
This is a great DVD, and I sure remember learning my alphabet and letter sounds on Sesame Street! The reason I give it only 4 stars is some letters are rushed through, while others have skits to go with them. For example, "M" has both Kermit teaching children how to draw it with their "pointy finger" (love that!), and Cookie and Herry doing the "MMMM" song. But other letters just get mentioned with a couple of words they start with, and then it's on to the next letter. Of course, this is for the sake of time and attention span. I would rather see MORE skits... I think it's better to reinforce the sound and learning of the letter. But overall, a great DVD with some fun memories if you are an "old school" Sesame Street fan, like me!
on February 23, 2015
very boring even for kids it doesn't hold their attention at all so they learn nothing
on September 2, 2013
We did receive a Sesame Street DVD but it was the much older 'C is for cookie' DVD with Cookie Monster on front. Which is fine by us! It's a great learning tool for our 2 year old who has mastered the abcs!
on February 27, 2015
It is really boring to watch.
on February 17, 2015
Very noisy, poor quality. Baby hates it.
on December 29, 2014
wasn't working when it arrived.