5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game - Especially for Younger Kids
Every once in a while, a game comes along that transports you to a magical destination. These types of games are full of adventure, charm, and whimsical fun. Sometimes a game can lift the burden of every day life and let you be a kid again. Sometimes a game can let your kids be the decision maker. And sometimes there are games that blend both perfectly.

If...
Published on October 18, 2011 by Ryan DeJonghe

3.0 out of 5 stars I hope it gets better
The ideas here are really neat, and the kids *desperately* want to like this game. I just don't think the Kinect is designed for very young kids. My 3-year-old can play Cosmic Family on the Wii with only a little help, but getting the sensor to actually recognize her and let her play this has been an uphill battle of frustration and disappointment. Sometimes it sees...
Published on December 28, 2011 by J. Bromwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to play., August 30, 2013
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Not sure if it was the connect sensor or the game but it was extremely difficult for the kids to play. They lost interest pretty quickly. I do like the concept and it seems like it could be fun if you have the right setup and children with a bit of patience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating..., August 13, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Hard to navigate... Takes a while to actually start playing...you have to sit through video each time you start up game. My daughter gets bored wating to get to the parts were you actually play. Wish the game was easier to navigate...would be nice if you can easily select what level you want to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Game for Preschoolers!, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We have owned a few Xbox Kinect games but our 4 year old gets frustrated by most. This is the only game we've found that she can play and lead on her own. Even better, it is able to identify new players easily without them even waving. This makes it accessible to younger children too. I've watched children as young as 2 be able to play this game along with someone else leading it. We are not Sesame Street fans but still find the story delightful with lots of variety and a sweet and relate-able story line (it's very forgiving and recognizes movements easily). We've owned the game for a year now and have only gotten part of the way through as my girls enjoy replaying the first few scenes again and again. At $15 it is worth the investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Frustrating, April 10, 2013
CJaneReid (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We had very high hopes for this game for our 9- and 3- year-old. They love Happy Action Theater, and we thought they would enjoy playing as a couple of their favorite Sesame Street. And it is a cute game, once you can get it loaded and get on the right page and get the Kinect to work, but it takes 15 to 20 minutes just to make all that happen, and by then the kids are frustrated and bored, and I'm frustrated and annoyed. We'll be trading this game in.

3.0 out of 5 stars designed for toddlers but the kinect has issues recognizing the toddler motions, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Ok, so the game itself should be tons of fun for my 3 year old (who is the size of an average 4 yr old girl). However, the kinect has issues picking up her movements because her limbs are much smaller than the average kid. Also, toddlers tend to move quickly as well, which also plays some part in the kinect's inability to recognize her movements. She needs to move slower, but she is only 3 and can't really maintain that kind of control. So, all in all, it's not a great fit for the age group who would be most interested in this sort of game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for little ones, March 1, 2013
K. Martin (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'm reviewing this strictly from the perspective of a parent with a 3 - 4 year old. This game is way too hard for a child that age. The game seems to be designed for that age group, but the hand motions and body positioning are too complicated for a small child to grasp. The pushing motion for changing clothes in one game doesn't seem to register her movements, the running and jumping is too fast for her. About the only game she can play easily is the picking up trash with Oscar game and that is her least favorite to play.

A lot of this review is not specifically of the Sesame Street game but of the viability of the Kinect gaming system for a small child. We bought this system thinking it would be perfect for her, no clumsy controllers, no complicated button combinations, but it's just the opposite. We spend so much time yelling at her to hold still and stand in the right spot that it's just no fun for anyone.

I would suggest waiting on this game until your child is at least 6 or 7 and can master the hand and body movements to control the game. It's fun for me, but I'm not the audience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Shortest game ever! My 4-year old made it thru the book in the 1st hour!, July 29, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
OK, are we missing something on the game? You start it, it doesn't allow you to SKIP the opening sequence with Elmo and Cookie Monster... then, it goes to the same book with 6 or so games? That's it??? My 4-year old made it thru them in the first hour! Then it tries to get you to sign up with XBox Live so you can d'load other material! What? This is the shortest game ever! We've been playing Kinectimals for months.. now IT's a great game.

Note, as others commented, it's FRUSTRATINGLY ANNOYING when it jumps to the OPTIONS screen... and ANNOYING when Elmo and Cookie keep telling you to WAVE... the WHOLE 'push fwd' motion is downright criminal... I grew more and more frustrated with it...

It's pretty bad folks. It now resides in the local dump.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for young kids, February 6, 2012
Johnny J. Ray (Carol Stream, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game for my 2 year old and there is no doubt that this was a great decision. She gets to see her some of her favorite Sesame Street characters such as Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Grover in an interactive story. Once Upon A Monster consists of chapters and each chapter has a series of mini-games. The mini-games are easy for an adult to play, but provides enough challenge for a kid to enjoy. This is the type of game where you are likely to get your heart rate up, but won't work up a sweat.

My daughter loves this game and we have played it numerous times over the past month. It makes for a good family game and the older kids even get into. I knocked the overall rating down one star because starting a story can be difficult sometimes since you have to "pull" the tabs on the sides of the book to start a new chapter. You're just as likely to turn the page rather than start the story. However, once the games start, everything works fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Control, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We bought an Xbox with Kinect for the family for Christmas, and this game was one we got to go with it for our four year old. She loves Sesame Street, and I thought it would be a hit. However, it is too difficult to control, and is extremely frustrating for her and us. Once we can actually get her into a chapter, she has lots of fun and for the most part she has no problems playing. But, trying to get into the chapters is maddening. The dress the monster game is very tough too. Even though she's new to Kinnect, she has no problems controlling our other games, and in fact does better than we do most times. Our eight year old has trouble controlling this game too. I hate to give the game itself a bad review because I think it's a great concept and has lots of fun elements, just way to tough to control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Review, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I enjoy playing this game with my granddaughter. She loves it and enjoys unfolding the pages, and listening and playing with the Cookie Monster and Elmo.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›