5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.
Published on July 5, 2011 by Catherine

3.0 out of 5 stars meh
it's mostly the same ramblings, rants and opinions you would hear among middle-aged drinking buddies. It's not terrible, it's ok
Published 7 months ago by Robot Lord of Tokyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., July 5, 2011
I don't want to type a long review, but I did want to point out a few things about this book. It is not an autobiography. It is Corey Taylor's opinions on the seven deadly sins. There are quite a few anecdotes of his life, but they are there mainly to prove that Corey has the knowledge/experience to write about each particular sin. Having said that, I found this book to be both funny and insightful. He really writes so everyone can understand him, and get thouroughly into his story. We all know Corey can write moving songs, but who knew he could do the same in a book? I truly enjoyed reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a conversation with Corey, July 20, 2011
J. Grey (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
As other reviewers have said, it's not an autobiography, although it does contain anecdotes and insights into Corey Taylor's life. It's more of a philosophy about what sins are (old and new), what human nature is, and how it all fits into life. Each of the 7 deadly sins has its place, and in Corey T's world, that place isn't always where you expect.

In this book, Corey Taylor's thoughts are clear and well developed, and his style is conversational. It's surprisingly clever in places. From the moment I picked it up, it held my interest and kept it throughout. You feel like you're listening to him talk (where's that audio book?)

It's well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great read!, July 20, 2011
I've always liked Corey's humor and his world view is a lot like mine (I have to say it's like mine as I am older - LOL!). This book is poignant, if you ask me, and made me laugh out loud several, hell LOTS, of times! I'm glad that my thoughts and views are finally in print! :o) Great job and highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars CMFT, May 17, 2013
I gave this book a 5 star rating. The reason is Corey spoke the absolute truth about the topic of the Seven Deadly Sins. I have never heard a good take on these, let alone one with truth and research from life-experiences. It was perfectly written with promptness and intelligence. I loved the interjections of humor in between things to break off and kind of let you know that " Hey guys, I've been through this s***, I know what I am talking about here." I can't say enough good things about this piece and I am looking forward to the end of summer when his new book arrives. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to have an eye opening experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read for one thing, found something so much more!, February 27, 2013
I originally started reading this book as a way to get an insight into Corey Taylor, someone so many friends of mine severely admire. What I found though were words and an insight into an incredible way of thinking... I can honestly say it has opened my eyes and my mind, and I will be definitely taking a new thought pattern away with me!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've ever read, March 8, 2013
I absolutely love this book. Read the whole thing in just a few days. I could not possibly have had a different childhood & life experiences than Corey Taylor & yet I agree w/ almost everything he wrote in this book. Don't let the rockstar persona fool you. He is one intelligent, critical thinker & a damn good writer to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it!, February 11, 2013
I read some reviews and they were pretty mixed. Which left me wondering if I should bother spending the money. I have to say that I am glad I did. I really like Slipknot and Stone Sour so I wanted to see what he had to say. This book is not an auto-biography but he does tell you just enough about his life/past and present so you can get where he is coming from. His analogies on the 7 deadly sins do make sense to me as I have the same opinion he has on most of this. I like they way he writes it as if he is sitting in front of you having a conversation. Corey has alot to say as he lives up to his nick-name The Great Big Mouth. And I enjoyed learning about his views and his personality. I think he is a great guy, not perfect, do not mix up the two. My husband despises reading but I have shared just enough with him that he now wants to read it when I am done. If you are looking for some epic novel, this is not it. It's just Corey being Corey and I love that about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought my mind was messed up!, July 12, 2012
Wow!!! It's nice to see that no matter how hard you scream or how deranged music lyrics can be, intelligence comes to those who do not scoff at it. Corey Taylor has brought that intelligence level up 10 fold. I was completely enthralled from page one. He writes with a quality that even Shakespeare would be envious of. Slipknot's frontman brings to light what we all want to say but we don't have the stones to say it. He writes with an immature but eloquent style I have not encountered since...well, ever. I've never had the pleasure to meet him, but I feel like he is my best friend. All I want to know is when did you crawl into my head Corey Taylor and please don't leave I like having you there. Please don't stop writing ever. I look forward to many more of these beautiful gems of wisdom and just plain old common sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 25, 2013
After I quickly received this order it didn't take me long to read the book. Highly recommend the book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, June 19, 2013
Corey Taylor does a great job breaking down the Seven Deadly Sins and explaining how he feels about the seriousness of them or lack thereof. He recounts various stories of him growing up and living his life to the fullest while handily committing every sin on the list. I really enjoyed his writing style and could agree with a lot of the points that he made throughout the book. He ends the book with a list of Seven Deadly Sins that he believes should be the updated list for the day and age we live in. I think his list hits the nail on the head and they truly live up to the word "Deadly" ... This book is a great read that I highly recommend!

Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Sins by Corey Taylor (Paperback - 2011)
Used & New from: $19.38