5.0 out of 5 stars A great ensemble pic from accomplished first time director
Published on September 27, 2005 by Christopher J. Shea

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worst film ever.
Published on November 24, 2007 by fed up

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ensemble pic from accomplished first time director, September 27, 2005
This review is from: Seven and a Match (DVD)
I loved this movie. A fully realized first feature from an uncommonly good first time director. Shot beautifully, this ensemble piece about a group of college friends who get together for what appears to be a reunion weekend shines with intricately drawn characters and benefits from great performances across the board, particularly Tina Holmes. Some great original songs also highlight this funny, smart and poignant film. Its a mystery why a movie this good didn't get a proper theatrical release.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Independent Movies I've ever seen., July 14, 2007
This review is from: Seven and a Match (DVD)
This movie has to be something of a Miracle. I ran into it by chance on IFC at my cousins house in the bay area and was only able to listen to it at low volume but even then it was great. The Emotions that the characters reach in this film are realistic and never over the top. Each character is believable and we can all relate to at least one and see us as one of them. The last 45 min of this movie are amazing. The bar scenes are amazing and this is movie is just comfortable to watch. I have run into some of my friends from high school and the attitudes towards them does change a little, one is a little bit held back, wondering if they are still the same, That is what all the characters in this movies are like too. Every character is at ease with everyone but they seen to fear the changes that have come between them. The original music is amazing, I would recommend getting on iTunes and listen to Anabret, the music is the same type of music that you would hear in this film. since you wont be able to find the soundtrack to this movie (something I would like very much to happen) This is a good late night movie and one of the best movies you can buy online, Just good luck trying to find it in stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars seven and a match, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Seven and a Match (DVD)
a really great unheard of independent film that needs to come out of print and the price lowered so more intelligent people like me will fall in love with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The quilts are lovely, April 16, 2006
This review is from: Seven and a Match (DVD)
I have watched this film several times now on IFC, and I have decided
that I like it. At first, I was put off by the 20-something characters'
self-absorption and unwillingness to let go of the past. Then, I
realized, these are the sorts of things I don't like in myself either,
but I'm really an okay guy. Actually, the film is pretty hopeful. Tim
is a really sweet character, Ellie really DOES grow in the course of
the film, and Peter and Sid probably have as good a chance as any
couple of making a go of it, in spite of Sid's neediness. Nobody is a
villain, and nobody is saint--kind of like in real life. The ensemble
cast is terrific, and I look forward to seeing the actors in other
roles. And I LOVE those quilts!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worst film ever., November 24, 2007
This review is from: Seven and a Match (DVD)
This really might be the worst film I have ever seen. I would rather watch a movie like Spider Man or Die Hard, at least you know what to expect when starting one of those. This movie is one big crap sandwich of situations and dialog that feel totally scripted, over-acted, and completely unrealistic. There have never been humans alive on this earth that interact with each other the way that the characters in this movie do. I gave it a chance too, but as the movie went on, I could not contain my hatred for this horrible film. So much so that I had to vent my opinion, but fortunately none of my friends have seen it, so I had to turn on my computer and start writing this.

I understand that it's a movie and movies usually aren't supposed to be totally realistic, but this one tries to pretend that it is realistic, and that just makes it unbearable to watch. I want to meet the writer/director, only because I get the feeling that he will live up to my expectation that he is a cheesy, self-obsessed, and completely uninteresting person, just like his movie. To top it off, this turd of a movie has some of the worst music I have ever heard. I am not saying that you shouldn't watch it, I think you should. Just because it will teach you exactly what the worst movie ever made looks like.

Seven and a Match
Seven and a Match by Derek Simonds (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: $23.95