From Publishers Weekly
Copyright 2001 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
From the Publisher
1 A Prayer to Help You Start Each Morning with a Much Better Frame of Mind
2 A Prayer to Help You Refocus When You're Feeling Stressed or Distracted
3 A Prayer to Resolve the Tensions and Misunderstandings Between You and Someone Else
4 A Prayer So You Can Unwind and Find Peace at Least Three Times a Day
5 A Prayer to Help Heal the Body and the Soul of You or Someone You Love
6 A Prayer for Breaking Free from a Habit that Hurts You or Others
7 A Prayer to Help You End the Day with Deeper Insights and Serenity
Appendix A: Recent Research Findings About Prayer
Appendix B: Additional Information on Using Prayer for Physical Healing
Rachel Naomi Remen, MD, author of the bestseller KITCHEN TABLE WISDOM, says, "This book is a night light for anyone, Jewish or not, who has ever struggled in the dark to become the person they hope to be. I support Dr. Felder's approach for helping us find strength and wholeness."
SEVEN PRAYERS THAT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE is intended for readers from all levels of spiritual involvement and affiliation. To see how you might benefit from reading and applying some or all of the chapters in this book, consider which of the following descriptions sound like you or someone you know:
1) Have you recited certain prayers for years and often wondered what they really mean, where they come from, or how they actually work?
2) Have you found some prayers confusing, uncomfortable, or upsetting because you disagree with what they seem to be saying?
3) Is there a problem in your life right now that you would like to pray about, but you're not sure what words to use or how to be most effective?
4) Do you long for a deeper connection with your spiritual side or with God, but you haven't been able to find sufficient time or the right words to open up as fully as you'd like?
5) Are you looking for ways to use prayer to become a better person or to assist in the healing or recovery of yourself or someone you care about?
6) Do you have a rich inner life but want to go even deeper into the realms of prayer or meditation?
7) Are you a parent, grandparent, teaching or concerned person who wants to make sure the next generation receives a more inspiring introduction to prayer and spirituality than you did?