Seven Releases and One to Rule Them All?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2009 6:03:22 PM PDT
TMJC says:
At last count, I located SEVEN different "Special Editions" and "Deluxe Editions" for this bloody DVD/movie release.

I have come across the following:

1. The no-frills standard DVD release
2. The 2-disc "Special Edition" release
3. The Blu-Ray "Special Edition" release
4. The Amazon.com 2 disc "Deluxe Edition" release
5. The Borders 2 disc "Deluxe Edition" release
6. The Target 3 disc "Deluxe Edition" release
7. The BestBuy 3 disc "Special Edition" release

I am remembering this off the top of my head, so please forgive me if I mixed up the number of discs per edition.

Are there any more "Special" or "Deluxe" editions coming out?

Most importantly, which one will be the definitive edition? I am not so interested in the watches, bracelets, cell/MP3 skins and the like that are coming with some of these sets, but I want to make sure that I buy the release that has ALL of the material from the movie and the filming of it.

If anyone has any advice or what not on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I live in Toronto, so I actually do not have access to many of the ones I listed.

P.S. Does anyone else feel that it is absolutely bananas to have so many different editions? I know about the almighty dollar and all that, but really!

Posted on Mar 11, 2009 6:38:08 PM PDT
K. T. says:
I believe Borders is the only place to have an EXCLUSIVE edition of the DVD. All others are just for marketing purposes from what I have read.

Posted on Mar 13, 2009 6:54:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2009 6:55:32 AM PDT
lunasera says:
Katie... I think that Borders is just giving you glossy photos and a cool box. TARGET has the definitive edition from what I can gather. Everything of the two disc edition plus more interviews, Edward's piano concert and a vampire montage adding up to 45 extra minutes, plus you get the itunes download. At the same price Target seems the way to go, in DVD or Bluray.

and.. I think all these different releases is RIDICULOUS!

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 5:43:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2009 6:04:03 PM PDT
thanks for the info on the target release! I was just gonna get at best buy or something but the target edition sounds a lot better! :)
http://twilighters.org/2009/03/02/twilight-dvd-ultimate-guide
this video helped me alot too

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 7:01:52 PM PDT
JI says:
i'm going to Barnes

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 7:04:02 PM PDT
JI says:
Barnes & Noble!! they're giving away free twilight skins fron skinit.com!!!!! does anyone know if they're having a midnight party on friday?!?!?

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 8:23:58 PM PDT
G. Wilson says:
Hot Topic has one. It includs a film cell w/ only 1500 made.
Costco also has the SD DVD version of Amazons Blue Ray one.
Lastly, iTunes did something "special" too

Posted on May 7, 2009 6:42:23 AM PDT
A customer says:
All those different disk releases shouldn't be allowed. Unfortunately its just a tactic so Summit can make a sh_t load of moolah.

Posted on May 18, 2009 11:56:41 AM PDT
What I'd like to know is which version (1 disc, 2 disc or 3 disc) will have the most deleted scenes and footage. If they're all the same in that area then I can live without the toys. I wish they'd do like the Lord of the Rings series and put all the deleted and extended scenes back into the movie itself so that you get the dazzle of the fuller version of the movie rather than spending a lot of time in the menu section of the dvd pushing "watch deleted scenes"; then each scene individually. Unless they're smart enough to put in a user friendly "play all". But it's so much better when it fills out the story during the watching of the movie part.
Anyone know the actual difference on how much/less movie footage is on each disc? They all claim to have unseen footage...is there more on disc two or three? I don't care about pictures or sketches--just footage.
hmmm....(a little intense am I?) Just remember that I'm a 47 yr old with OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder. :o)

Posted on May 18, 2009 1:01:03 PM PDT
TMJC says:
I have the three disc version, and I can tell you that that the extended scenes are on disc one, and the deleted scenes are on disc two. Disc three has a "private" piano serenade by Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen. I was told that anything that was extra in terms of scenes from the movie is on disc one and two. Everything else is pretty much filler that most people had seen before on YouTube and othe on-line links and leaks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2009 9:35:55 AM PDT
Thank you for your info. It sure helped me decide to wait for the extended scene movie version--IF and WHEN it comes out that way. Which I suspect it will since it has come out in so many other versions. I will just have to bide my time...maybe they'll wait until all the movies are out in all the latest versions, then offer it the way the Lord of the Rings set did: four extended scene movies in a boxed set. Hopefully for less than $80.00. ;o) Again--I won't hold my breath. But I sure do love the books, so I hope they do then next movies better justice--even though I did enjoy the Twilight movie.
Jody
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2009
Latest post:  May 21, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about

3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,735)