Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 22, 2012
This product offers poor quality in both the company and the product itself. I give it two stars because it does hold a baby up on my hip. Other than that, I can't say much else positive.

Like other reviewers have said, the sizing is very tricky. They definitely run smaller than other pouch slings. The fabric quality isn't the worst I've ever felt. It's sturdy enough not to rip or fray from what I can tell so I'm not worried about a safety hazard but compared to The Peanut Shell and Hotsling fabric, this is just very cheap. It's stiff and scratchy even after being washed and ironed. My Peanut Shell has a fabric content identical to this but it's so much softer.

The rounded pouch part of this sling is much more shallow than either of the other two brands I mentioned so it is more like a strip of fabric stitched together than a planned and constructed design. It seems to me that there is less pouch for the baby to sit in with this one than the other two. I've only used these with a hip carry on a 1 year old so maybe it's different with an infant. It is an unpadded rail. It's cheaper and faster to make that way. That may or may not be a plus for some people. It folds up more compactly for a diaper bag but it's also more uncomfortable for little legs.

This company offers "free" coupon codes online where you can buy directly from their site and all you pay is shipping. The sling is "free". That phrase "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is" applies here. Although the company doesn't require you to agree with their policy before placing an order, you are none the less bound to it. As others have mentioned, you have to buy "exchange insurance" on your product in case you don't get a good fit or the color isn't what you expected. Additionally, if you place an order but decide that you changed your mind...as I did when I realized what company I was dealing with...you can't cancel your order. If you click that button you're stuck.

I know this is a product review and not a seller review but I mention this information by way of illustrating the quality of the product. Any company that won't offer an exchange or allow people to cancel or change an order before it is shipped is just snatching money for a second rate product. If you want to try this out as a cheap alternative, check the used market. They are a dime a dozen! You'll get it much cheaper than "free if you pay the shipping". If you're looking for a good pouch sling and are on a budget that doesn't allow for the $50 new, again, check your used market. I think you'll be happier with a higher quality used sling than a new one of these! I know I am.
77 comments|196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2012
I purchased one of these from their website and followed the sizing instructions exactly, even printing out their measuring guide. I bought the one that should've been my size but it is clearly too small to fit my child in it. Since I didn't purchase their additional "sizing guarantee" I feel like I'm just stuck with it unless I want to go back and purchase another one. I bought the package that includes the baby leg warmers and am not happy with those either, as they cut off circulation to my daughter's legs, even though her legs aren't really that chubby. I wish now that I had spent my money on a different baby sling. These are very cute and stylish, but I'm not impressed with the sizing and don't think it's worth it to order another one, not knowing if the next one will work for me either.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
Please fix the sizing ... Bought this for my daughter and did alleasurements , weights , ect.. The slot for the baby is big enough for a Barbie doll .. Very disgusted as she was so excited about this product .. I know you might say I should have paid the extra for the size return but that's ridiculous if YOU as a company can't at least be close in your sizing chart why should I have to pay extra ? Don't buy until they fix this problem
on August 14, 2013
I was offered a promo code to get one of their slings for free. All I had to pay for was the shipping. I ended up paying an overinflated shipping fee of $11 for a cheap piece of fabric sewn together from one end to the other. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP fabric! There is NO support for you nor the baby. The size was also too small. They refused to refund me for the shipping fee. How dare they charge $40 for a cheap piece of fabric is beyond me. DO NOT BUY!
on June 13, 2013
Everyone is right with their reviews, this sling is way too small when you buy according to the products measurements.... Can't even fit my baby in it and I bought the appropriate size according to the company's size chart. Awful..
on March 11, 2014
Don't bother, it doesn't fit and the fabric feels like a paper towel. I paid the ridiculous shipping cost on this "free" sling. I guess I can't be upset at a 15 dollar sling being poor quality.... But it's a complete rip off.
on August 26, 2014
I'm always surprised by all the awful reviews on forums for this sling. It is what it is, a very inexpensive, yet attractive way to carry your baby. I have three kids and over the years 3 of these slings in size 2, 3, and 5 and always use the free coupon codes, pay $11 in shipping and UNCHECK the box for insurance to change sizes. I hated my Baby Bjorne when compared to the seven Sling. I use all three different sizes, I keep the bigger two in the car.

The smallest (I measured when I was just 3 months pregnant) I use to front carry my newborn around the house, I use one hand to hold the head, but it takes the weight off my hands and wrists and gives me a free hand. My larger two she sits in the pouch, lays in it or sits on my hip with my assist. I used for my toddler till he always wanted to walk.

I have used these daily, no tears, breakage or issues with three kids.

Pros: Easy, fast, light weight in hot Texas weather, great patterns, Takes up hardly any room in a bag, no sagging after years of use, infants to toddlers

Cons:
Tricky sizing, Not resizable, no back carry, weight is only on one shoulder

Key: Got to get the size right. Remember you will not be as thin right after the baby is born and you will probably be rocking some killer boobs far larger than you are used to. At 3-6 months, measure minimum size and order two sizes higher.
on July 30, 2013
Unfortunately, I've learned too late that this company is a bunch of scam artists. Their products are very cheaply made and their methods of making money are based off of charging high shipping and handling prices on their "free" product (should you come across one of their many "promo codes"), making you think you're getting a good deal. If that isn't bad enough, they are also known for selling your credit card and contact information to other parties. Don't bother with these people! You are much better off spending a little extra for a better quality carrier or, as another person had mentioned, checking out the used ones as they are a dime a dozen.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2015
I feel the reviews here are a little excessively negative...
As a mom of a now 4yr old, with #2 on the way, here's my take. Slings in of themselves are hard to size and take some finagling to use and get used to. There is a ton of variation in a woman's body size, height, where her weight is distributed, and how large your chest is. Even other brands are difficult to size. because the makers want them to be snug and secure so you don't drop a baby, but they don't know your specific shape.
For my firstborn, I had both the OTSBH and another brand, I think maybe Bjorn. I found them difficult to use, bulky, and basically insane. I'm not sure if my baby picked up on how frustrated and hesitant I was, or what, but she hated being in the sling. I ended up getting rid of them. Once she was big enough, we used the style where the baby sits up with a strap between her legs, and only for short periods of time. She was not a cuddler and never wanted to be held long. The Over The Shoulder Baby Holder (my sister swore by) was bulky and I was unable to adjust it once the baby was in it. There seemed to be miles of fabric hanging off me, it was ridiculous. I am only 5' 2". The other one I had, I don't know for sure the brand, but it involved some kind of complicated folding and wrapping process to double up and again, miles of fabric. I felt like I was wearing some kind of baby suit and it involved 15 minutes to get it on.

I ordered this "free" sling. Due to it's cheap price, I am going to order a few sizes and colors (4, 5, & 6). I like that there is minimal fabric and a single fold. The size 4 on me looks like it might be OK for a new born, I am very large breasted, so I am getting a larger size as well. For the price, I don't mind. We'll see if baby #2 likes them, and I will post back to update my review. The fabric is firm, but I don't find it to be stiff or hard or really anything that is going to hurt a baby. I like that it is small enough to fold up and keep in a purse or diaper bag.

I am leaving a star off because I dislike the misleading coupon - the value of the sling is not $40 and the shipping is a high (you could ship this item USPS for around $5). If you look at it in reverse, it is a $14 sling, so it works out at the end.

Bottom line would be for the price, give it a try, go with the size exchange option if you have never bought or used a sling before, and order at least 1 size up from what you think, especially if you have large breasts.
on August 21, 2014
This is by far the worst product I have ever wasted my money on. I purchased it directly from their website along with the size exchange insurance. When it arrived it had a strong factory smell so I washed it (which it says machine washable on the tag.) This thing either runs really small or it shrunk in the washing machine (i washed it on delicate and didn't put it in the dryer.) The size I ordered should have fit but I'm afraid to put my newborn in it bc it seems so snug and there's absolutely no stretch to it. I tried exchanging it since I purchased the insurance but wasn't able to bc I ordered it 6 months ago. Last time I checked pregnancy lasted 9 months and some people, like myself, buy things early on so that policy is just totally ridiculous. Bottom line, don't waste your money! The company and the product are both horrible!