Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seven Spirits Burning
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$9.95

on March 17, 2011
I have often pondered the phrase "the seven Spirits of God" found in the Book of Revelation. We don't like to think of the Holy Spirit as more than one spirit. It messes up our understanding of the Trinity! But in this book, John Crowder does an excellent job of explaining just what the seven Spirits of God are and how they relate to other imagery in the Bible, such as the seven lamps of the lampstand in Moses' tabernacle. He also shares how we need to connect with these manifestations of God's Spirit in our day to day lives to fully walk in communion with the Lord and carry His presence with us in a way that makes a difference in the world around us.

I have felt God moving in my life in a powerful way through reading this book. John is often criticized for his "out of the box" approach to ministry, but I have found my relationship with Christ deepened through what he has written. I highly recommend this book.
on July 7, 2011
This is the second book I've read by John Crowder. If you read my last review of his book Mystical Union. You know going into this that John and I don't see eye to eye on everything. So I'm proceeding into Seven Spirits Burning maybe even more cautiously than I did with Mystical Union.

I'm pleased to say that the book was much better. John Crowder explores the idea that the "seven spirits", found in the apostle John's vision in the book of Revelation, are the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit is seven-in-one as the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, & Holy Spirit) are three-in-one.

While this is the premis Crowder sets up, it really doesn't get explored in that fashion. He uses the visual example of an almond tree and a menorah to talk about the seven "operations" of the Holy Spirit. These seven "Spirits of God" according to Crowder are found in the book of Isaiah:
1. The Spirit of the Lord
2-3. The Spirit of Wisdom & Understanding
4-5. The Spirit of Counsel & Might
6. The Spirit of Knowledge
7. The Fear of the Lord

The book goes on to talk through each of these 7 "Spirits of God" and how they each manifest themselves in our lives. Crowder brings up a bit of the "believe it and it will be" theology from Mystical Union and briefly speaks on how sanctification is not a process again.

While I'm still not sold on a lot of Crowder's theology I did enjoy this work. He dives deep into scripture and comes up with some excellent thoughts and questions concerning the Holy Spirit and the "Spirits of God".

If you're into pneumatology I'd give it a read, but wouldn't use it as a source for a paper. : )
on April 27, 2011
Seven Spirits Burning is probably the most unique of John's books (as his others cover much of the same Mystical Christianity related material), but this one is very good. The nature of the book is a study on the Holy Spirit, specifically expounding on the phrase "Seven Spirits Burning" found in Revelation, and the literal and prophetic references to the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible. Personally, I had to enjoy the book slowly, and meditate on each new revelation, before I was comfortable with moving on.

If you haven't read John Crowder before, I would probably recommend that you enjoy his book Mystical Union first. It is definitely an easier read, and is available as an MP3 audio book as well.

John is definitely an eccentric personality, and he focuses on the mystical, experiential aspects of Christianity, but even for people uncomfortable with his out of the box teaching methods, these books will be thoroughly enjoyable. Honestly, I feel his happy antics add to the persona of his writing.

Enjoy!
on March 18, 2011

on July 30, 2015
This is an excellent book for its main teaching about the seven-fold Spirit of God. I did not give it 5 stars simply because today (2015) John Crowder thinks a bit differently about some of the surrounding issues he addresses in various places here, and so the book REALLY NEEDS UPDATING to match how he sees things currently. The central theme, though, is excellent and worth the read. If you are not already a "fan" of JC then you may not even notice what I did. We're all living and learning and growing in our understanding of these things, so when you write and publish a teaching book, it may be like buying a new computer....once you take it home it's already outdated.

So John Crowder....PLEASE UPDATE THIS WONDERFUL BOOK! :-)
on November 23, 2014
This is an on-target revealing of the seven-fold nature of God's Spirit made plain and simple. Straight forward and scripturally based, John leads the reader into the mystery of God's Spirit revealed through the Word of Truth. Yes, Spirit and Truth: this book displays the Spirit that not only points to and reveals the truth, but indwells the believer to overflowing by the pure grace of God. We don't need to labor to work up or earn the anointing, it is ours purely by faith as we simply enter into the celebration of Christ's life. In this joyous celebration, the oil of anointing runs freely in and through us so that we are the lamps that light up a darkened world. I definitely recommend this book to anyone ready to receive and pour out the continual anointing of the seven-fold Spirit of God.
on March 1, 2012
John Crowder is an anointed teacher and author. His book, Seven Spirits Burning is a prophetic revelation and very clear teaching on the "Who's He?" portion of the Trinity. Numerous images and prophecies--contained within the pages of both Old and New Testaments--are given fuller meaning in the passionate and Biblically-sound voice of a prophet.
He cites 500 sound references throughout the book--primarily Biblical citations, with a few other sources cited.
It has been new wine for own spirit.
I highly recommend this book for any believer who relies on Christ for his salvation, who loves our Creator God, and who desires to know Holy Spirit, in person.
Yes, John Crowder may be "on-the-edge" for some believers of our day... but maybe we need to consider this... I wonder where all of those modern-day pharisees have gone...?
on June 14, 2014
I enjoyed this book as I have John Crowder's other books. Seven Spirits Burning is an in-depth study of the Holy Spirit. He uses scripture so the reader may form his or her own conclusions, and he brings to light alternate views, as well. John Crowder uses the logical mind that God has blessed him with to enlarge our understanding of the Holy Spirit. I have learned much from reading his books along with the Bible. Reading this one has been a happy experience for me.
on March 8, 2015
this was a very good read, I love the foundation he lays, and its easy to read as far as keeping it easy to understand this teaching on the seen spirits. I have read two of his book and enjoyed both of them.
on January 31, 2015
Here it is! I hate being led astray! I've been lied to for years! John has restored my Faith in Christ and the FINISHED work of the cross of Jesus Christ. Read this book and you will NEVER be the same!