Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I use many 7th Generation products and love them, so after reading the dire warnings on my conventional toilet cleaner, I decided to try this product. Turns out it works okay...but the results don't last.

For our household of two adults, three toilets, and everybody flushes, the pink ring at the water-line seemed to return within 2-4 days, versus 1-3 weeks with conventional cleaners like Lysol or Clorox. And while the 7th-gen cleaner does leave the bowl clean, it's not as sparkling white as Clorox (my choice of conventional toilet cleaner). So the end-result was the more expensive 7th-Gen cleaner required more work for less-clean toilets. Bad combination, even if it's no longer a poison-control situation if the cleaner splatters on you.

So now I normally (carefully) use the cheaper conventional product, and use the 7th Gen Cypress+Fir only for random in-between cleanings that don't need to last.

7th Generation makes many effective natural products, is an ethical company, and deserves the responsible consumer's support. But while I love their products, I can't recommend this one.
on November 27, 2009
We purchased a giant pack of this when Amazon was running a special. A friend had recommended it. It works very, very well (as good as Clorox) in my opinion and doesn't have that harsh chemical smell. It fills your bathroom with a pine smell that doesn't smell like imitation pine such as PineSol. I would highly recommend this to anyone, especially if you have dogs or children.
on October 27, 2011
This stuff is like water. It didn't clean my toilet at all and was not able to remove any of the water line stain. Pretty disappointed because I signed up for a subscribe and save and have 5 bottles of this stuff. I already canceled my subscription and will be needing to buy a bottle of Lysol or another brand to take care of cleaning my toilet. Save your money.

**Update. I finally gave up on this product. I still have 3 bottles of it but it was completely useless. It would not clean my toilet at all. I went to the market and bought the Kaboom toilet bowl cleaner. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It took out all of the stains and my toilet is sparkling white once again.
on June 20, 2008
Ok, I read the other reviews about bad shipping, well, I didn't actually buy this from amazon, so I have nothing to say there. As far as the product goes, I like it. My toilet never seems to get particularly gross, but it cleans it well. I notice that I get some black stuff (mold?) under the rim especialy, and it gets rid of all of that gunk, plus removes hard water stains pretty well. My mom uses this too, but she says she doesn't care for it (her toilet gets very gross, though.) I like the fact that it doesn't have a harsh chemical smell. In fact, it smells quite pleasent. So, overall, I would say that if that for normal toilet cleaning, this is great. I would consider something else for extra- nasty toilets.
on August 28, 2008
It foams up nicely and smells really natural and clean. Made the toilet look sparkling!
on October 10, 2009
Works very well, good scent. Better than Earth Friendly Toilet Kleener (should have known better, I hate cutesy misspelled names). Can't attest to the Amazon shipping problems as I bought this from my local store who FINALLY started carrying it. According to National Geographic's Green Guide, greenest toilet cleaner you can buy. Certainly better than the greenwashed Chlorox products.
on March 26, 2009
This is an awesome product! I used to buy non-natural toilet bowl cleaners and they don't even come close to being as good as this one. Buy this product and you'll love it. Not to mention it is not going to harm you or the environment. A great choice.
on June 17, 2008
Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Cleaner / B000V212VS

I really like this cleaner. I feel that it works just as well as the commercial cleaners, and I prefer not having to smell the strong chemicals that the commercial cleaners use. I've recently switched over to Seventh Generation products, and this has the high quality that I've come to expect from them - efficient, natural, non-allergenic, and without harsh or overpowering fragrances. I recommend it highly.

~ Ana Mardoll
Since it's better not only for the environment, but also ourselves, I try to use natural cleaning products when I can. I haven't always had the best of luck, but I've been using Seventh Generation's toiler bowl cleaner for about a year now with great results.

The cleaner has a pleasant, but very light, pine scent. It is a clear liquid, and is a bit watery compared to some toilet bowl cleaners, so it doesn't cling to the insides of the bowl as much. Plus, since it's clear, you can't really tell how much cleaner is in there.

I find I get the best results when I add the cleaner to a bowl that I just flushed and refilled (so the sides of the bowl are wet), run the cleaner around the inside lip, and then let it sit in the bowl for a while with the toilet brush plugging up the hole on the bottom. After it Then I just scrub the bowl with the brush and flush. I don't have to use too much elbow grease this way, and the toilets always come out clean. We have very mineral rich water where I live, and my toilets are almost 30 years old, so I have a light pink line that runs around the waterline inside the bowl that this Seventh Generation cleaner cannot remove, however.

All in all... if you're going green, it doesn't get much better for your bowls.
on July 15, 2015
I like to be green when I can, when it makes sense. But there's far too much compromise with this product. It completely lacked any real cleaning power, I was not impressed with it in the slightest. Despite multiple applications of this stuff, I continued to see actual bacterial growth in at least one of the toilet bowls I used this on until I went with a stronger Lysol product. Scrubbing the toilet bowl while applying the Seventh Generation product would get rid of it temporarily, but it would frequently return. Unfortunately, I just was not satisfied with the cleaning power of this product.