5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bath Mat
Published on January 30, 2012 by Sam

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality
When I first opened up the box it was love at first site...

Published on December 10, 2012 by Kyle Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bath Mat, January 30, 2012
Sam (Walnut Creek, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
This bamboo bath mat is well constructed, sturdy, and heavy. It appears to be solid bamboo wood. I am confident it will take years of use/abuse. Although mine only has several months of use, my kids have yet to damage it in any way. The surface is well polished and water repellant. There are also 12 silicone pads, three underneath each of the four lower slats. Combined with the weight and good padding, there is little chance you would slip due to mat movement. While the surface of the mat is smooth (not textured) I have not had any issues with slipping. I do not feel the mat is slippery in any way. The slats must be providing enough traction to not have an issue with this. The color is a bit darker than what is reflected in the product picture - it blends very well with the honey oak hardwood floors in our bathroom vanity area and the travertine tiles in our shower area. The bamboo mat also provides good cold protection. Lastly, due to the hardwood and silicone composition and open slat design, we have not had any issues with long-term water collection under the mat - this is an issue that we have had with other bamboo/fabric combination mats.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
When I first opened up the box it was love at first site...

...After a few weeks of use all that changed. While I am no 'wood-oligist' I have a hard time believing this Floor Mat is bamboo. By the end of the first month of using it to step in and out of the shower, the stain from the wood started to leach into our feet. The next few weeks we noticed little brown puddles forming under the mat. Keep in mind, we did most of our drying off IN THE SHOWER and the 'mat' was completely open on a bathroom tile floor, uninhibited from air to pass through. Additionally, the wood began to dry out and crack.

Regardless of the price, I expect things to last longer than 3-4 months of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not true bamboo wood. May not be antibacterial., October 16, 2013
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
This mat is made of rayon (presumably bamboo rayon), the manufacturing of which requires using a highly processed wood pulp that is woven into a fabric. In other words, this is made of processed bamboo fibers and not the original bamboo wood.

Why does that matter?

One of the special qualities of a true bamboo is its antibacterial properties and it is unclear whether the bamboo rayon has the similar antibacterial properties of a genuine bamboo. Given that this mat is often used in bathrooms, that antibacterial property can certainly help.

Although there is great deal of uncertainty whether this mat has antibacterial properties, this mat still works well as a bathroom mat. It looks good and it is sturdy. It feels right beneath your feet. As someone else has also noted, this is not to be used within the shower itself but outside of it.

Pros:
1)Sturdy and not flimsy.
2)Looks good.
3)Feels good beneath your feet.
4)Recommended as a mat near bathroom sinks while brushing teeth etc.

Cons:
1)Not a true bamboo wood but a processed rayon (presumably bamboo rayon).
2)May or may not have bamboo's antibacterial properties.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loaded with black mold - negative towards any resistance to mold, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
I bought this "Bamboo" wood shower matting because of the good reviews. Was very pleased on arrival and the first week, then started to notice signs of slight decay and mold. I own a Cal25 Sailboat on the Intercoastal Waterway here in florida, the cabin is all teak since 1981 and requires very little maintenance and never had mold.

This mat is touted to be bamboo which is also water rot decay resistant - not sure what wood this is but it is now unusable after 35 days. Yes, we went on a 2 week vacation and on return the Bamboo is completely black mold and too late to return.

Oh, I bought a chair on the same order and it is perfect. I am attaching pics, maybe I got a unsealed unit - have nothing to compare to but this piece is now going to the junk yard with the pigeons. $40 down the drain - literally ! Want to take that chance? See posted pics, sickening - we keep a clean bath / shower as pics would suggest. Thanx for the 30 day return with no exceptions !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea - But, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
Product was built very poorly, Staples were used, instead of screws. I repaired it and works great. Change your manufacturing process.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for outdoor use!, October 2, 2012
JBV (FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
I bought this for an outdoor shower. The mat looked beautiful when I received it and great value at the price but within a few weeks it was covered with mold and I couldn't clean it. I think it would have been great for indoors but not for somewhere that's constantly damp.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Outdoor Shower Choice, September 2, 2012
Mary Love May (Hillsborough, NC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
Nice-looking, but a TERRIBLE choice wherever it is damp because bamboo is a magnet for mildew. I bought this to use in an outdoor shower in North Carolina. Within a week it was covered in mildew (other items in the same area were Not mildewy). I could not get it clean and finally 2 months later, I am throwing it away. I will never again buy bamboo for an outdoor shower area

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and stylish!, November 20, 2012
The bamboo bath mat from Seville Classics is a stylish and simple alternative to your cloth shower mat that looks great and holds up over time. The mat was purchased because I was tired of washing or replacing my cloth bath mat after it gets worn and grimy, and also because I wanted something that actually looks nice in my bathrooms. The mat has 12 rubber feet underneath to prevent slipping, and the smooth finish of the bamboo allows the wood to be cleaned easily to prevent any mold from forming. My favorite aspect is the fact that it doesn't soak up the water when you exit the shower, so there is no damp carpet sitting in my bathroom anymore since any water just dries up or can be wiped up with a towel.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat (Misc.)
This is a very handsome and well made mat - even better looking than in the picture. Have been using it for several months and it is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, June 13, 2014
I was actually expecting something much thinner and more flexible, so I was surprised when I found it's more of a platform than a mat. It rises about an inch off the floor and, with the suction cups on the bottom, you're not going to accidentally move it anywhere. Not at all. Still, it sits right next to the shower and is very comfortable and usable to step on. It's always dry and never slippery like my old mat. Someday I might stub a toe on it, but it's been with me for about 3 months so far and it's all good.

Seville Classics Bamboo Floor Mat