4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kayaks
Published on December 26, 2010 by William

1.0 out of 5 stars Most Important Detail!
I've used this motor for some time and have been satified with how it performs, however: In it's price range, the leading name brand's model has 67% more thrust, and 5 forward speeds vs. 2. But the most important detail that does not show up in the specs on this model is that you can not buy a replacement prop! Break a blade and your whole motor is garbage...
Published on September 11, 2012 by Copper Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kayaks, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
I use this motor on my 12ft. Perception kayak. I attached an aluminum bar crossways just behind the cockpit and screwed on a 4 inch peice of 2X4 as a mount, and then added a PVC extension to the handle. It is out of the way when paddling and handy when motoring. I use a compact,12 volt, wheel chair battery placed behind the seat that runs the motor for many hours. The motor moves my kayak considerably faster than I can paddle it and has no problem with wind or tides or waves. BTY, I bought this motor as a Watersnake brand(Australian). Amazon uses the Sevylor label now for whatever reason. Why the motor? I'm 70 and sometimes don't have the P & V to paddle back home from a long trip. It's so light it can be carried with two fingers along with your paddle. Amazing little motor. None of the other makes produce a motor small and light enough for this application.

1.0 out of 5 stars Most Important Detail!, September 11, 2012
Copper Dave (near Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)

Sevylor, you're better than this. If you are still making and selling the motors with the props, then you are still making the props. Sell replacement props separately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent item, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
Exellent motor I used this today and works great I have a coleman navigator inflatable boat and I have over 500 lbs between people and gear and this motor put between 5 and 8 mph speed. and it start raining hard with 10 mph wind and this motor still working great am very please with this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best trolling motor, October 25, 2010
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
This works for a small inflatable but it is rather flimsy and difficult to flip up when you reach shallow water. It is also hard to control with the short tiller. You have to be right beside it in the back of the boat. I would only use it on a small lake. If you hit a strong headwind, it will be hard to make progress. That being said, it does get you where you want to go in calm water.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a toy, August 14, 2011
James Shaw (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
If you want a small trolling motor, go get the Minn Kota Endura C2 30 for similar price. I tried this one because I have a Sevylor inflatable boat and this motor can be put on the boat without mount board. But it turns out that this motor is difficult to control under such setting. It takes me a long time to go back to the shore when I tried it in the lake, for the first time and also the last time. I returned this one and then bought the minn kota and mount board. The new setting is working well and is very easy to control. Don't buy this one, it is really a toy compared with the Minn Kota Endura C2 30.Minn Kota Endura C2 30 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor (30" Shaft)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but works fine, September 23, 2010
Karl (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
I bought this to put on a Sevvlar Inflatable 3 man boat. The motor is small and very light but powerful enough to make a light weight boat move. Two forward and two reverse speeds. Quiet . The handle could be longer , but great for the price I paid and perfect for an inflatable or light weight boat. I have no regret about this purchase and it is perfect for my use !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motor, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
Pushed me through the currents of the river with ease and without draining my battery. Props took a good beating too.

2.0 out of 5 stars not so happy, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
Controls are not convenient: push buttons for start/stop and High/Slow speed control. It's confusing. Which one do I hit to stop? to slow down? Would be better to have a joy-stick stile speed control. Wanted to return,, but restocking fee is 25%. I paid $125 for the motor, then the price dropped to $90 (within a week). Contacted seller, didn't get a polite response, only one line: "Are you wanting then to return it?" - no "Hello", no "sorry", may be they are in a hurry. So, not happy with the motor, not happy with the seller - VM Innovations

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this motor. You will be sorry., April 16, 2014
The prop is very thin plastic. Sooner or later, more likely sooner, you will damage it. Usually no big deal.......except YOU CANNOT BUY A REPLACEMENT PROP!!!! They are simply not available. Anywhere. Coleman is fully aware of this issue. How is that for customer support?

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL MOTOR, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Coleman 12V Electric Trolling Motor (Sports)
THIS IS A BEST MOTOR TO TROLLING FLIES IN LAKES I HAVE INTEX CHALLENGER 2 , THIS MOTOR IS IDEAL TO FISH.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sevylor 12V Electric Trolling Motor
$129.99 $102.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies