5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, reasonable price, ignore negative reviews
This is a very good product, it's easy and intuitive to use, and it's cheap for what you get: a high-quality, well-constructed, three-piece banana plug. I bought two sets and I'm buying another three sets. The product was well packaged (although it's very sturdy so packaging doesn't really matter), was shipped promptly and arrived quickly. I was hesitant about...
Published on December 9, 2010 by Island Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality, perfectly functional
They're a solid set, good quality, and i was impressed by their appearance. They're convenient to use, they have a built-in socket in the back for other banana plugs (fairly standard feature)
I'm using them with 18-gauge wire with no troubles, only downside there is that you have to fold over the wire on itself to get enough thickness for the plug to grip - not even...
Published on August 18, 2010 by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, August 7, 2013
William R. Druga (HOMESTEAD, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewell Direct SW-29221 Pro Maestro Banana Plugs with Gold Connectors, 6-Pair (Red/Black) (Electronics)
I found the product to be of excellent quality and very easy to connect speaker wires to. I would strongly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Banana Plugs, August 6, 2013
J. Torres (Riverside, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these banana plugs to go with my Yamaha receiver. I wanted a clean solid installation and with these plugs I finished it. I used size 16 Ga. and 14 Ga. wire and both fit perfect. What I did was leave like 3/4 of an inch of bare wire, fold it in half and then tighten it down to the plug. I had two 15 inch sub woofers connected with bare wire. After I installed the plugs, I can now feel the push of the subs all over my house without putting the volume on my sub amp very high. There is certainly a power gain compared to bare wire, at least in my setup.

Material certainly does not feel cheap, it is heavy. What is cheap is the labels. Those might come off if you are connecting and disconnecting the plugs very often.

NOTE: One thing that I loved about these plugs was that you can remove the middle section of the plug(three sections: connection tip, spacer, bottom end). So with the middle section removed, you can attach the bottom end to the connection tip(Same screw type). So now you get a short solid connection to your receiver. This allows you to push back your receiver closer to the wall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price!, June 21, 2013
They feel solid and they look good. Making a connection is as simple was inserting the wire and tightening the pinch screw and you're done. For the price, I'm definitely going to order more and replace the cheap plastic banana plugs I got from a certain chain electronic store that no longer caters to the electronic geeks.

It would have been nice if they had an o-ring inside to seal the barrel but it's not a major issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Choose Carefully, not for every application, February 28, 2012
There are good reasons for the wide opinions on this product.
I'll try to make this short:

Pros:
- solid construction, good design 'concept'.
- good tip design and bite.
- Works well with heavy gauge wire (>16AWG).
- very good price.
- good choice for the original Monster cable (12AWG?).

Cons:
- setscrew is too small / wire hole too large.
- will not work well on 16AWG or less (unless tinned or doubled up; neither a good choice).
- based on another reviewer, long term gold durability is in question.

Bottom line:
Not recommended for wire less than 14 AWG, but you can make it work on as small as 18AWG.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, design, and service, September 30, 2010
Can't believe the quality of these jacks for the price paid. The big buy electronic stores rip you off big time when a pack of 4 costs more than the total pack of these.
Connections are fast and simple. Those that complain that connectors do not tighten the wire down are using wimpy guage wire...probably 18 or 24 guage. Just double wire over if that is the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, High Quality Build, Awesome Value, Highly Recommended., November 7, 2014
I have used around a dozen different types of banana plugs in my years on home theaters and these are by far my favorite for a few reasons. First of all the quality of materials here is awesome and this is my go to design when selecting (set screw instead of the bend the strands over and screw in) a banana plug. There is one thing you need to know though, before you do anything, you need to drop the sleeve part (the smallest piece that allows the cable through) down the cable and then install it onto the cable. If you forget to drop the sleeve, you will be taking it back apart and taking out the setscrew, because that is the only way to install it. I did this once by accident and never did it again. Most people would notice this immediately when looking at one taken apart, but sometimes your hands get ahead of your mind : ) Overall highly recommended for someone looking for a high quality banana plug for any application. The only thing I can say about them is they are a little long and in some install situations this may be a problem, mainly going into a corner speaker. They are slightly over 2 inches from tip to sleeve and the entire tip will not go completely into most banana jacks, so you are looking at roughly 1 and 3/4 inches of metal sticking out the back of the banana jack. Keep that in mind when purchasing; I had one speaker where this was right on the edge of being too long to use, but I barely adjusted the speaker and it works fine. If you need a shorter length you will probably have to use a banana plug that has the copper strand bend over and screw in design (which works fine if you know how to do it). Sewell has this design on this page if you pick "Deadbolt" instead of "Pro Maestro" and you could get just 2 pairs of "Deadbolt" with 6 pairs of "Pro Maestro" if you think the "Pro Maestro" is going to possibly be too long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality banana plugs, January 18, 2015
These are easy to use but read or watch a video on youtube before you attempt to use them. You need to strip a precise amount of wire to make them work right. You just stick the exposed wire up through the bottom part of the plug, then fold the wire down around the circular part, then screw on the top banana plug. Make sure the top part "the plug itself" is screwed in tightly. These are good but you can get same quality for cheaper. I could have had 8-12 pair for the same price I paid but I had different connectors for the other speakers I had hooked up for years. I was just connecting a center channel.

4.0 out of 5 stars they work, November 17, 2014
i was a little skeptical as to whether these would work very well. but they do. the connection seems effective. that being said, i wish there were a more 'definitive'. you just feed the exposed end thru the base and 'splay' the individual wires around the opening. screw the top back on and you're done. but it does not seem like the most positive connection, like crimping or other mechanical connection.

just my opinion. they seem to work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent banana plug, November 24, 2014
Really great banana plug. I used these on my new 7.1 speaker system for connections at both the receiver and the speaker using 12 AWG wire. No problem in fitting up my 12 AWG wire into these connectors. Extremely easy to use and spent more time stripping wire than making up these connectors. Saves a ton load of time in connecting to my devices. Very high quality and I was surprised by the weight of one of these connectors. I would definitely recommend!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy these, Total crap functionally, January 22, 2015
I tried to use these with 12g wire. First, no matter how tight you tighten the set screw on stranded wire it will pull out. Second, the collet to squeeze the wire by the insulation is way to big and only compressed .025-.040 of an inch. I am an electrical engineer and these look great but don't work. I am going to have to tin the wire and build up the insulation with heat shrink to get them to work. I should just throw them out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›