5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Vizio soundbar just fine
I was a little hesitant after seeing the reviews calling the brackets "flimsy and short", but these are actually pretty good quality. They're far from short, in fact mounting the soundbar above my 50" Panisonic plasma required me to use the upper hole rather than the bottom hole so I had plenty of room left. Well these are not rock solid they will firmly hold your...
Published on July 25, 2012 by Jeremy Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the alternative, but still not perfect.
I learned a couple of things in purchasing this versus the alternative:

1) It's a lot cheaper, and works just as well. The other alternative product on Amazon is nearly twice the price, but offers no additional features.
2) This requires that your soundbar have a screw in mount on the back, which most of them do *not* have. Mine (Polk Audio IHT 6000)...
Published on November 17, 2012 by Mike Jandreau

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice , does the job perfectly, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
works perfectly to attach a samsung soundbar at the bottom of a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 hanging on a full swing bracket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described!, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
It took several tries to get the bar perfectly level, but it's a nice covert solution once it's settled in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with a little effort, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
This worked great for the price. Took a little bit longer attaching because Sony HT150 sound bar has hanger slots on back and no way to screw in directly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with DefTech SSA-42, August 28, 2012
F. Krieger (Huntington Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
Not sure what the negative feedback is all about. Two metal brackets at half the cost of some other metal brackets. Holds the SSA-42 fine under a Sony Bravia 42" TV. I'd give 5 stars.. but 5 stars for a stamped metal bracket? ehh. Point is.. why pay double for stamped metal? I don't get how another provider can charge an extra $25 for such a simple product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bracket, May 12, 2014
Joans280z (Colorado Springs CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
This really worked great to mount above my TV. I only encountered 1 problem, had to drill some different holes so it would fit without a space. I only have a 42" TV which is fine for me but guess most people want BIGGER TV's and this bracket probably works perfectly for a larger TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfect!, September 24, 2014
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
We have a 50" Samsung TV mounted on a post type swivel stand. We attached our Vizio soundbar below the TV using these universal soundbar brackets and it worked out fine and looks very nice. You can use these to mount your soundbar above or below your TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its universal(ish) and it actualy does work., July 24, 2013
Arie Savant (Santa Barbara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
Pros:
It fit my TV and sound bar. I didn't need to go out and get different sizes nuts and bolts.
It's cheap. Half the price of the other universal sound bar brackets.

Cons:
The brackets wiggle/flex a lot.

My Setup:
Panasonic TC-P50S2 TV, Samsung HW-E550 speaker bar. TV is on its pedestal on a TV stand, so bar is mounted above the TV.

Overall:
A basic nice product. Thinner than the competition, but also half the price. If you have a heavy bar you may want to look at the "SoundBar Brackets" since they are apparently much thicker and less prone to flex.

I got this looking for some way to mount my sound bar above my TV. Because there is no room in front of my TV on its stand, I had to look at mounting above the TV. Surprisingly there's really only a handful of choices, and only two on Amazon and they're both basically the same design. This product and "SoundBar Brackets" for double the price. I was a bit hesitant to get these universal adapters because of reviews about needing different bolts, the flexing, etc. However I haven't had a negative experience so far.

Flex Issue:
Overall the flexing, while not a big deal, is annoying. However it doesn't look like it'd be an issue for a light weight bar. I dont think I could recommend these for someone using a heavy bar system but for a lightweight system its doable. However it will flex easily with simple foot traffic in front of the TV so if your TV is on an arm system or you have rampaging animals/children, take that in to consideration.

Bolts:
To give you some idea, it ships with 4 different bolt/washer sizes. The bolts/washers are; 2 small sizes for sound bar (2 per size), 1 medium size for sound bar or TV (two bolts total), 1 large size for TV (two bolts total), 1 large plastic washer set for wall mounts (two total). Because this is a universal setup, it may not fit all brands, and if your sound bar doesn't have screw mounts you're going to have to get creative.

Assembling:
Overall this is a pretty simple setup. You'll need to muck about with it for a bit to find the right positioning (took me about half an hour working by myself). I was lucky, my bar is thin and so I may have less flex than others with a 50in TV since I didn't have to extend my brackets very far up. The bolt size and patterns allowed only for one bolt per bracket to attach to my bar, which I'm guessing is common given the bolt selection the product ship with. However this means that I had to crank it down to keep it from shifting (one point of connection makes it easy to pivot) which always makes me nervous with the plastic mounts on bars, but so far so good. It would have been nice if they had included zip ties for cable routing, or locking washers to reduce shifting but its a $23 product that works so I'm not going to complain too much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brackets were unfortunately *not* mirror images of each other -- there is a "handedness" to them., November 20, 2014
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
I needed universal brackets to hold a center speaker (Energy Take 5) atop my 55" LCD TV. These looked like a good fit because the shape seemed to allow more options for a closer fit (since I wasn't mounting a wide soundbar), and they were offered at a lower price compared to other options. These brackets worked "ok." The biggest disappointment was that the two brackets are shaped in an odd way: They are both very slightly curved outward, but in the same direction when you lay the brackets on top of each other. So, when you flip one bracket over (so they mirror each other, and the two "ears" point at each other, as you would to mount a speaker), they end up *not laying flush against the TV* in the same way. It's as if I received two "left handed" brackets. This was extremely annoying: What it meant was that one bracket was somewhat further away from my speaker (by more than a quarter of an inch), when the other was laying flush against the speaker. Frustrated, I ended up using the gap between the brackets to actually overlap them and mount my speaker with just one screw that passed through both brackets. (That is, I had the ends of both ears actually on top of each other). If I was trying to mount an actual soundbar, I'd find this "handedness" in the brackets very frustrating and would probably end up with a somewhat wonky, uneven mounting job. Other than that, the overall shape does allow for a lot of options and positioning -- though you could probably use an extra set of hands to hold your speaker while you slide the brackets around to find the right mount points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
Mounted sound bar above my Visio 42" that sits on a low dresser in the bedroom.
Came with all the hardware and assembled easily.
Looks great and the sound bar projects much better with the added height.

4.0 out of 5 stars bracket works but not enough mounting hardware, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket (Electronics)
I really wanted to rate this item a 5/5 star; since I had to buy more hardware I was fine with 4/5 stars. I had to buy more #10-32 x 5/8" machine screws, nuts, and washers because my soundbar bracket can only mount on the sound bar stand/legs. The hole is recessed on the soundbar and was designed for the stand. There are holes on the base of the stand for wall mounting or in this situation with the bracket. Nice product, and it did the job, but the hassle of having to buy more parts just to finally get that on there was disappointing.

How I mounted it was just loosely screw on everything, then make adjustments, tighten it a little more, when I got it centered, I fully tighten the screws. Mine was very sturdy and didn't move because it sits on top of the TV frame.

I have pictures up on this site for my setup at the top of this page.

11/20/14- This is for a commenter by the name of Lowry. Its been brought to my attention that the item in my picture looks same as the Bentley version. It may or may not be true, but it does look identical. Sewell, like some company selling on Amazon, reuses the same listing on Amazon and updated the description over the old one. The brand Anker did the same thing with a battery pack that I bought from them. Sometimes in the process, the images we upload that shows a fault in a product may disappear as a result of their update. In the case of this one, they updated the product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›