Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on April 12, 2013
I think these things are great, I can understand how they would be a little bit confusing because the intructions have no descriptions they're just pictures.What you will need is a very small flat head screwdriver (micro screwdriver?) I'm not very handy, and the first one I did was a bit confusing for me but after i got it down once the others were much easier. Basically just unscrew the bottom half and slide it onto the cable, strip about an inch off the end of the wire, (I folded this inch over to make it thicker so it would be easier to do the next step I was using 16 gauge wire) stick the cable into the prong end and you will see the small screw on the side you can crank it down enough to hit the opposite wall you need to make sure that the screw cranks down on the wire because this is really what holds the wire onto the end. then just slide the bottom half to meet the prong half and screw it on. Viola! You're done. The cables are terminated with no wire showing provide an amazing connection and are easy to exchange out the price is great they look great and they work great, no reason to give this less of a rating just because it was confusing at first
on April 27, 2014
Having stated my bold and daring and proposition, I ought to say these guys right here making wiring your speakers (if they allow it) way easier, and for sure more secure and long lasting.

You use them to fasten your speaker wire inside them, and rather than connecting through the speaker wire, you connect using those nifty banana tips (that's why they are called this way right?)

I really like bananas and I should eat one, so well they are very easy to use so.. please do not use exposed wire if you can afford these :)
on January 5, 2013
I bought a new A/V receiver for my parents this Christmas, which required me to completely disassemble their primary (home theater) system. After struggling to fit the bare wire connections into the side-mounted (and too-closely-spaced) speaker terminals, I decided to order these bananas. The quality was excellent! They're solid and appear to be very well-made. They screw together tightly and form a sturdy connection. I was using a very high quality speaker wire, which filled more than enough of the internal cavity that the tightening screw had no trouble forming an adequate grip. Installation was methodical, and I was patient to make sure each connection was tight and secure. Needless to say, these bananas were infinitely easier to plug into the speaker terminals than the bare wire itself. This is an incredible value, considering similar products from "marketing companies" sell for 2-3x the price while offering zero obvious benefits. You'll be happy you chose this product.
on April 1, 2015
High quality connectors, these give a nice touch for making modular speaker cables.

Only gripe is that the insulation grip is far too large, the wire needs to be ~6mm diameter before it will touch. WIth 12ga cable, it has a lot of play.
on March 14, 2014
After going to Radio Shack (cheap plastic for 6$ a pair) I hit the web. These were highly rated and the reviews accuartely reflect my thoughts. I would just add that sending 6 Pairs strikes me as a bit odd, thats only three speakers. Guess it's another case of the hot dogs and the hot dog bun scam. Which lends you to have to purchase more than you need. This babys arrive and the package was nice and heavy, solid construction and easy assembly. If your vision is failing you that screw is pretty small but I got. All in all a great value
on April 26, 2014
I've not used speaker connectors for many years until now, and purchased
these based on the expected ease of install and price. They worked as
designed but I thought there should have been a snug connection at the bottom
of the connector where the wire exits, rather than none at all. With a good tug
I think the single screw-down connection might give way. Also, the threads on
the bottom section weren't consistently easy to screw together as some were
binding.
on February 1, 2013
I had never used banana plugs before, but my new A/V Yamaha RX-V473 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver
receiver allows their use (they're not required). I found them easy to use, once I understood the somewhat cryptic illustrated instructions on the back of the package (for which I deducted one star). They appear to be designed for a much larger gauge wire than the 16 gauge speaker wire I purchased. I solved this by folding back a small amount of wire--maybe .25"--and twisting the two parts of the wire together and then assembling the connector normally.

Admittedly, with my 16 gauge speaker wire, it would have been pretty easy to attach the speakers using the screw down connectors on the back of the receiver, but these plugs work great and were especially helpful in attaching the wires to the receiver in the small crowded space where the receiver sits. Instead of trying to reach in and screw down the connectors around the bare part of the wire, you just plug them in.

FYI, coming from someone who had never used these before, I'd say they took less than five minutes each to assemble, including stripping the speaker wire, unassembling the plug, screwing down the set screw with a jewellers screwdriver, and finally reassembling the plug.

My new system sounds awesome, far better than my old Bose system. I don't know how much (if any) these plugs contribute to that, but they certainly don't detract from the sound in any way.
on April 15, 2013
These things worked great and were exactly what I needed. I have the Bose 10 Acousticmass(sp?) and used these to tie off the ends of the Bose cabling for the speakers to connect to the receiver. Worked like a champ and was easy to do. You do need a very small flat head screw driver to lock the wires in place, inside the plug, but all in all, these worked great. Now instead of screwing the back plugs of the receiver in order to slide the little spreaker wire into that little sliver of a slot, these just plug in to the back, right in those same slots I had to screw and unscrew to lock the speaker wire into. Makes it so simple!

Great product. Thanks Sewell...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
These are decent for the price and impressive looking. My only complaint is that the bottom piece that is supposed to grip onto the wire jacket by screwing the bottom piece to the center piece seems to have been intended for non-inwall speaker wire. I have 14 gauge in-wall wire attached and the 14 gauge fits nicely into the top portion that you screw in with a screwdriver but it is far too thin to be gripped by screwing the bottom part to the center part. Given the AVR doesn't get moved, I expect these will be just fine. If you have a 5.1 system, you will have one pair left over presuming you use the line level output for the sub. I have been pleased with the various Sewell accessories I have purchased.
on August 25, 2015
Bought these for my sound system a few years ago and haven't had any complaints. I used them to connect 12AWG speaker cable from my receiver to my two bookshelf and center speakers. These plugs make connecting and disconnecting very easy and having moved twice since then, I can say it's worth it.