Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on June 24, 2013
these banana plugs are excellent, no flaws what so ever. for those of you uncertain on how it works. simply unscrew the silver sleever around the banana plug and it will expost the shaft of the plug where there are 2 screws.loosen the 2 screws with a tiny flat head, insert stripped wire in through the bottom of the plug, tighten and screw back on the sleeve to cover everthing up and badda bing, perfection. only thing is that i have a 5.1 setup w\ my front speakers bi-amped and this set is 2 pairs short :(
review image
on October 1, 2013
It's a good thing I ordered the 12 pair back and didn't need them all for my hookup. Four of them were non-functional. The screws that are driven into the wire were stuck inside the barrel of the plug on a couple and missing on another. The screws fit very loosely on a couple of others. Not much quality control here!
on June 16, 2014
After using Sewell speaker cables and noting the two set screw design of these plugs, I had high hopes. After using them, I would not recommend them unless you buy extras. These plugs seem quite variable. The threaded set screw on one had virtually no depth to the screw driver slot and therefore could not be tightened to hold the wire securely. Three of the banana plugs stripped the threads in the barrel when the set screws were only lightly tightened. I was using 10 gauge Karma Kable. On one set of plugs the set screws were so long that when they were tightened on the cable the outer sleeve would not go on over the set screws until I removed the set screws and shortened them. The way they worked for me, I needed about 25% extras to finish the job well. The banana plugs that had acceptable set screws and didn't strip out seem to work quite well. It's a shame quality control / dimensional control / materials cause these to perform far below their potential.
on October 3, 2015
Great quality for a great price. It even comes with a small screwdriver to get you going. There are two lock screws on each to secure your wiring. they definitely have a secure fit. I would definitely recommend this for a professional look and feel on a budget.

my only gripe is that it takes a while to secure them to the wires, However that's the nature of the beast.
review image review image review image
on March 24, 2012
These are the first and only banana plugs I've used and they work flawlessly. I didn't have any problems hooking up a 5.1 system. The double-screw design seems like a good idea to keep the wire attached securely. Since some reviews mentioned difficulty plugging them in, I decided to plug and unplug each set into a speaker a few times to "loosen" them up before plugging them into my Onkyo receiver. Don't know if this helped, but I had no problems on that end. It does take some time to set all the screws, but it wasn't bothersome to me. I used 14 guage wire.
on June 19, 2015
First time posting a review ever, after a lot of research I just gave up and ordered this banana plugs and got the attached product which looked open and used and the plugs look like wire and bent.... not sure how they lock onto the speaker terminal unless I am thinking wrong. Definitely returning it
review image review image
66 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
There are several things I like about these banana plugs. 1) The "springs" are firm thereby insuring a good, solid connection between the plug and the device. They remain firm even after being removed several times. 2) The gold plating- decreases the chance of corrosion that could compromise the connection. 3) Double set screws- ensure a good solid connection between the wire and the plug. 4) The casing secures over the tip- you don't have to remember to put it on the wire first. 5) The actual build quality seems very good. However, despite the 5 points that are really good about these banana plugs, there are 2 things about these plugs that only cause them to be average. 1) The plugs themselves are too long. I own multiple devices and brands of speakers that accept banana plugs, and these plugs are too long for all of them. They are so long that on my subwoofer that has its connections on the bottom, they prevent the sub from sitting squarely on the floor. I had to put a 3/4" risers under the feet of the sub so that it would sit correctly. 2) The casing in metal (aluminum). While I'm sure this was done with the intent of improving durability, it is also conductive. Should something as simple as a paper clip fall behind your amp or receiver and come to rest on top of your banana plugs it could short your amp or receiver and cause serious damage. The casing should be wrapped in some sort of non-conductive material like plastic or vinyl. Overall, they are good plugs for a good price, but be careful not to let anything short them out.
on January 1, 2016
Excellent connectors!!! Solid construction with two (2) slotted screws per plug for a secure connection. The kit now includes a proprietary screwdriver. For this application, a "slotted screw" is less likely to strip than a phillips. Another GREAT feature are the caps, which screw on from the end, rather than having to remember to put the cap on the wire prior to making the connection. This is also useful if the phase is reversed from attaching the plugs (per color) to the incorrect wires. The caps are lettered red or black, and changing the caps is simple, not easily done with the older method of the caps on the wires.

The are the BEST banana pugs I have yet to use in over 40 years.
on November 22, 2015
I agree with others - the use of a standard slot screw rather than Philips is a terrible choice. As well, the included courtesy screwdriver makes matters worse, as it's form-factor worsens the likeleyhood of having the driver end slip out of the slot. Once I switched to a regular small screwdriver, the process went much faster (you can't 'spin' the shaft of the courtesy screwdriver to speed up the initial tightening), but still, the lack of Philips makes the whole endeavor a chore.

All that said - these are very fine connectors. The ability to really, really bear down on that screw to make a very solid connection is great. I suppose the newer designs may be better, but I was pleased with the solidity of these connections once complete.
on October 10, 2015
These were my first time using banana plugs. I used them on the Sewell Silverback 12 gauge 259 strand speaker wire. Fantastic stuff. The plugs work great and I'm very pleased. They fit nice and snug in my JBL speakers and Yamaha RX-A3050 AVR. I bought a 200' roll of the 12 gauge wire so I can make my own custom length wires.
I'd like to mention something about the outer silver colored casing. They do seem to be metal, and feel like aluminum, and I know many people are worried about short circuits. But I tested the, with a multimeter and could not detect any conductivity whe touching both probes to the casing. Somehow they are non conductive, which is reassuring.

i highly recommend these banana plugs!