Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sewing with Whimsy
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 6, 2013
WOW! I have already made the cover dress for Easter and turned out great! Note: When you go to gather the wrap sleeves, GOOD LUCK! With all those layers and no ruffler foot, it didn't work. So I scrunched it. ALSO, made the Adorable You dress for my 8 yr. old. She was in pink princess mode all during Easter and also looked great. Altogether worth every penny and then some. Wish patterns weren't printed on both sides of paper. You have to trace. Techniques are wonderful, decently explained, but time consuming. But, those extra touches make the clothes an heirloom and expression of love.
on April 29, 2012
This has some great ideas, if you love to sew for little girls, it does not tell you that you have to buy other tools to try some of the ideas.
on April 10, 2012
The ideas are so exciting. Makes you want to stop what you are doing and start sewing immediately. Instructions are clear. Would recommend for anyone that loves to sew and sew with a whimsical flare.
on July 1, 2015
Disappointed in this book. Only three patterns included. One is only 18-24 months so really only 2 patterns. The book is more like a catalog suggesting you buy stuff from her website. On the website you can buy $27 whimsy sticks (or you can use popsicle sticks for free), as one example. The book was really overpriced for what you get.
on September 30, 2012
This book is delightful. The patterns and techniques taught by Keri Mecca and contained in this book are so pretty and get your creative juices flowing. My only problem is that now I just want to sit and sew! And create beautiful blossoms with ribbon.
on January 16, 2014
I purchased this book after seeing Kari Mecca on "Martha's Sewing Room" (Martha Pullen) as I was so impressed with Kari's skill and talent. I have been sewing since I was 10 years old and none of the techniques in this book are new to me with the exception of the rick rack flowers and leaves. These are just plain wonderful. My own Mother made dresses very much like these and I and my two sisters wore plenty of them. The patterns are good basic designs and can be changed in a number of ways for anyone wanting to use their own ideas.The only thing I found unusual is that when it came to making the buttonholes she only says to use the Fray Stop and then cut the buttonholes when the glue dries. Never mentions sewing traditional buttonholes or using buttonhole thread. I would have given this book a 5 star rating had it not been for these unclear directions. I will be using her patterns to make dresses for my one year old and two five year old Grand daughters. All in all a very beautiful and creative book but really not one for the beginner.
on January 3, 2015
An excellent combination of inspiration (illustrations) and education (instruction). Nice lay-out, user friendly with lots of inspiring photographs and well written instructions. Although there are a few children's patterns included in the book, I'm already incorporating some of the trim concepts into projects for myself! My sewing resource (keeper) bookshelf isn't large, but this one has already earned a spot there...highly recommended!
on June 23, 2014
I purchased the second book first and then I purchased the first book. But the first book I purchased was great. This one was also good. The flowers (that was the main reason to purchase these books) are just adorable with easy directions. Some are not easy to make; not a problem, I just made the easy ones. I hope Kari has some new books. I like the Whimsy Stick idea, but they are expensive. Make sure to peruse the directions before investing in the Sticks. Other than that, I am very, very satisfied with this purchase.
on March 29, 2015
For anyone who loves to sew for little girls this book is a must-have. It is just filled with cuteness from cover to cover. The great thing is that patterns are included, great instructions and ideas abound. Love it!
on March 16, 2014
I am a beginner in sewing who loves to sew lovely dress for my little girls. And I bought 4 books : Sewing with Whimsy, More sewing with Whimsy -Kari Mecca, Girls style Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori, and Girl's World: Twenty One sewing projects for little girls. And I start with Sewing with Whimsy immediately. The book offer step - by - step instructions with images, which is very clear and easy to understand. What I love more about this book is it shows you and inspires you how to make a small change to the same pattern to have a completely new look for the dress. So with one pattern, you can create different beautiful dresses. I Sooo love the Inspiration that the book gives me. Thank you so much kari Mecca <3