5.0 out of 5 stars Smartest comedy I've seen in a long time
I should start by confessing that I came to watch SATC very late in the game - not until the start of the 6th Season. After watching the final episode, the decision to buy the complete season DVDs was a no-brainer, and I have not been disappointed. The writing on this show is some of the smartest I've encountered in a long time. It has been interesting and highly...
Published on March 16, 2004 by Miss Jane

3.0 out of 5 stars DISK 2 DOESN'T PLAY!!!
I have ordered and returned this set. In both sets disk 2 won't play on my, or any of my friend's DVD players!!

Anyone else have this problem????

HELP!!
Published on July 26, 2004 by S. Jagelewski

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly Stunning., February 27, 2004
Kenneth (Stony Point, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sex and the City - The Complete First Five Seasons (5-pack) (DVD)
I have been to this site, seen everyone complain about the cost for the dvds. But, you wanna know something: never has a show been this captivating and moving. I bought the 5 season pack, it took me 7 days, to watch every episode. I was hooked, aside from watching the finale, sunday. It just felt so good. The episodes, seasons were great. I can't believe so many people were unhappy with season5. If anything, season one was a rocky start, but still great. I really enjoyed them, and I am defiently getting six in May. This show is just so moving. 5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 28, 2004
"robomescal2005" (Albuquerque, New Mexico United States) - See all my reviews
i don't care what anyone says sex and the city is the best freakin' show on hbo, hands down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Erratic, but funny, February 24, 2004
When this series started, it was quirky, funny and different. The sexual candor was startling but riveting. In the back of your mind, as with the Seinfeld characters, you perhaps had one qualm, namely about how this was a bit horrific after all. The constant refrain that this was about real women and how they really acted and spoke was kinda scary, and enough to keep some men bachelors forever. Did Princess Charlotte, convinced in fairy tales, make an attractive mate? Or maybe man-averse, chip-on-her-shoulder Miranda? Or slutty Samantha? Carrie seemed the normal one, but as time went on we discovered that she had a Peter Pan complex--inability to commit, setting the bar too high for unrealistic reasons. She dumped Aidan for no reason. In the finale (not on this set), she agrees to accompany Mihail to Paris knowing that he has his most important exhibition of the latter part of his career, a make or break exhibit. She whines constantly about him working rather that squiring her around, even though he's under tremendous stress and she knew he'd have to work. He's such a cad--free trip to Paris for her, wander around and have fun, while he works desperately to save his career. What an awful guy--according to Carrie. In Carrie's little faux-feminist world, her Self has been vindicated. Others might wonder...why bother? When you see a Carrie coming, run hard and fast in the other direction if you're a single man. As this series wears on, it grates more and more and becomes less and less funny. Samantha suddenly becomes a lesbian? SAMANTHA? C'mon. The last two years of the series were little but tedious as it ran out of steam. But there's good news on this set: all of the early seasons are here and they are hilariously funny, well acted, and exuberant in their vitality. As the set wears on, you may become less thrilled as the edge wears off and turns into reality, but...enjoy the glory years. P.s. I see few people think this helpful. I guess in the world of true fanatics, a word of criticism or two is not acceptable. Blind enthusiasm only is allowed. The simple truth is that this series went wayyyy downhill and lost its way as time went on.

5.0 out of 5 stars *Sex And The City: The Complete First 5 Seasons*, January 19, 2004
I recently got all 5 Sex And The City First Seasons. [...
I just finished watching Episode #89 last night titled: Catch-38, and I'm waiting for all the upcoming episodes, they are scheduled to end February 22, 2004...so I'll be keeping my eyes open for the 6th Season DVD! Here's a brief description for those of you dying to know what's going on in the show:
Episode 90 - Out Of The Frying Pan
January 25, 2004
Carrie is challenged by Aleksandr's preference for strong coffee; Charlotte runs to escape the pain of not having a child; Miranda emphasizes Brady's needs; Samantha gets a new hairstyle.
This show is just incredible. It keeps you guessing with all of the intriguing and beautiful characters! It talks about all the things you thought you would never hear anyone ever say on a half hour series! These women are smart! Funny! And Incredibly Sexy. This is a Must-See DVD Pack. Enjoy...and look for sales!...here is a link to a really neat article telling all about what's going to happen in Sex And The City....... ...

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Show I Know, February 16, 2004
By A Customer
How bad of a show can HBO make? This show teaches its viewers, many of which are high school and college girls that they should waste they money on $5000 bags and purses and go around and have promiscuous sex with different men.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sex and the City - The Complete First Five Seasons (5-pack)
Used & New from: $359.88