5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best original cable programs ever...
Published on April 20, 2005 by Britt Gillette

1.0 out of 5 stars Rent this season...don't buy it
I LOVE the first 3 seasons of this show and bought them all, so when the 4th season came out, I bought that one too. I was so disappointed in this season! Apparently the writers ran out of ideas and they didn't stay true to the characters. Certain storylines lasted way too long, like Samantha & Richard and Charlotte and Trey (Trey should've been gone a LONG time ago!)...
Published on August 27, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best original cable programs ever..., April 20, 2005
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
Based on the bestselling novel by Candace Bushnell, the HBO original series Sex And The City took the television world by storm following its release in the summer of 1998. Following the exploits of four young and educated female friends living and working in New York City, the show revolves around the various relationships and life problems experienced by each member of the group. Sporting an experienced and talented cast, the show has developed a strong, borderline fanatic following...

Sarah Jessica Parker (the de facto lead character of the show) stars as Carrie Bradshaw, a popular sex columnist for a local newspaper who travels in numerous Manhattan social circles. Carrie is engaged in a tempestuous on-again, off-again relationship with a mystery man always referred to as "Mr. Big". The young urban professional shares her life with three best friends who have similarly interesting jobs - Miranda Hobbs (Cynthia Nixon), a lawyer tired of being single given the societal ramifications; Samantha Jones (Kim Cattrall), a promiscuous publicist who enjoys non-exclusive relationships; and Charlotte McDougal (Kristin Davis), an art museum curator who is relatively less open about her sexuality... Together, the women seek each other's advice on the ever-present and varying predicaments in which they find their romantic relationships...

The Sex And The City (Season 4) DVD features a number of hilarious episodes including the season premiere "The Agony and the 'Ex'stasy" in which Carrie celebrates her 35th birthday. The milestone gives cause for the various women to reflect - Samantha is happy with her various sexual liaisons, Miranda realizes that marriage does not equate with happiness, Charlotte loses her appetite for Trey following a late night incident, and Carrie is disappointed when her dinner party bombs, but she perks up when Mr. Big arrives unannounced with a bottle of Champagne... Other notable episodes from Season 4 include "Defining Moments" in which each of the women defines a new set of boundaries in each of their various relationships, and "Baby, Talk is Cheap" in which Samantha meets a man who enjoys baby talk in bed and Charlotte and Trey decide against trying to conceive after attending a dinner party with their married friends and children...

Below is a list of episodes included on the Sex And The City (Season 4) DVD:

Episode 49 (The Agony and the 'Ex'stasy)

Episode 50 (The Real Me)

Episode 51 (Defining Moments)

Episode 52 (What's Sex Got to Do With It?)

Episode 53 (Ghost Town)

Episode 54 (Baby, Talk is Cheap)

Episode 55 (Time and Punishment)

Episode 56 (My Motherboard, My Self)

Episode 57 (Sex and the Country)

Episode 58 (Belles of the Balls)

Episode 59 (Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda)

Episode 60 (Just Say Yes)

Episode 61 (The Good Fight)

Episode 62 (All That Glitters)

Episode 63 (Change of a Dress)

Episode 64 (Ring a Ding Ding)

Episode 65 (A Vogue Idea)

Episode 66 (I Heart NY)

The DVD Report

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wine, Sex gets better with age, April 9, 2003
lksyr (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
I adore Season 4 of SATC. I love seeing the women evolve. Carrie and Big's relationship has moved from an emotionally draining mess to a beautiful friendship (just watch The Agony and the Ex-tacy and I Heart NY to see this). Carrie and Aidan are a great couple and I loved seeing them try again--one of my favorite moments is when Aidan is resisting getting back with Carrie and yells "You broke my heart!" wow. Miranda softens up and seems human. Her "oops" pregnancy is realistic look at a single woman in her 30s finding herself pregnant and wondering if this is her chance to have a child. Charlotte continues to be a bit of a Pollyanna, but realizes that her fairytale life isn't heading for a happy ending. Samantha finally accepts love which is great to see (although the lesbian detour doesn't work). I loved this season!! I enjoyed seeing characters I love moving away from being carefree singletons to hopeful couplehood and family life. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha take life by the balls and try their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come For The Sex, Stay For The City..., March 18, 2003
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
I began watching Sex and The City last year when I got the first season on DVD as a birthday present. TV shows on DVD always seemed like a wonderful idea to me, so I began watching this series hoping to find something to indulge myself in. What I found was amazing. It only took me two days to get through the first set. I imediately rushed out to get Season Two and watched that in about a week. Thankfully for me, it was only about a month or so until Season Three came out. I watched season 3 savoring it as though it were my last breath of air. Since then I have seen a few episodes from Season Four (mostly the end of the season) and watched the disappointing 5th Season on HBO. I recently found out that you can download sex and the city episodes on Kazaa, but I'd rather wait and watch carrie & co. on the finest format available. I know my review wasn't very helpful as far as reviewing Season Four, but if you find yourself coming across this and you haven't ever seen Sex And The City, I urge you to drop whatever you're doing and pick up the first season. It's as good as everyone says it is. I can't imagine anyone not being able to identify with one of these four characters, if not all of them. The show is funny, refreshing, touching, smart and very endearing. At it's best, its all of these at the same time. The performances are wonderful, the cast is the best and the storylines are both very realistic and very addictive, making every episode of Sex as memorable as the first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sex, men, careers, single life, June 1, 2002
Yeah, so this series makes me want to be single again. But what is one to do in a city of 350,000? Nothing, so I'll stay where I am.
Sex and the City is one of the best shows out there. I'm hoping HBO doesn't plan on dumping this show like they're planning on dumping The Sopranos. I truly believe that this is one that will go on for years.
No matter how fiction this show is, it is truly what every female friend talks about, their sex life, their men/man, their career and their "single" life. Yes, I do believe that all married women have a "single" life. Not a bad thing, but things you do on your own time that your man (or men) don't approve of or don't want to take part in, like shopping! It totally is a way for women to look at their own lives. It offers helpful insight sometimes (such as season 2, "Are games necessary to make a relationship work?"). S&TC is the best thing going out there, make sure to pick up Season 4 as soon as it comes out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Series!, December 12, 2003
W. Bishop "mrswendee" (Durham, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
While was such a good season for SATC, if you don't buy this for any other episode buy it for the last "I Love NY". Chris Noth is so amazing, so subtle and extremely easy on the eyes but never more poignant and romantic than this last episode. He was a gem of the series and I hate that he and Carrie aren't together and he will be gone from the series for the most part.Because "Moon River" is the theme throughout the entire episode is infused with a mixture of sadness, romance and all types of love. It was written before 9/11 but shown after and serves as a fitting tribute to the city.
The rest of the episodes are good of course, Sarah Jessica Parker particularly and you won't go wrong but you may find yourself in tears at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Waiting in Line For, January 22, 2003
This is by far the best season so far of this show! There are unforgettably touching movements, as well as unforgettably funny. The final episode of the season: I Love New York, is probably the best episode ever; and I've watched them all many times. I have been checking online for this season to come out since it stopped broadcasting, and it's defiantly a must buy for all Sex in the City fans!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality show, March 2, 2005
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
This is my favorite show and most likely will be for many years to come. I have never seen a show more honest and respectful in it's portrayal of women. For example "COULD, WOULDA, SHOULDA" flawlessly deals with a topic as sensitive as abortion with grace, wisdom and most importantly fairness. I will always love this show for that. It's also refreshing to see that the main character does not look like the typical hollywood leading lady. Other strong episodes include; "THE REAL ME", "BELLES OF THE BALL" and " SEX AND THE COUNTRY" (very funny).

Each of the characters are amazingly well played by the actresses. SJP is amazing. If you watch her closely you will see so much detail in her expressions and movements, truly talented. Cynthia Nixon is so great because she isn't afraid to show it like it is. Kim Catrall is a great comedian and Kristen Davis plays Charlotte perfectly.

Something else that's worth mentioning is the music in this entire series. It's very fitting and well planned out.

I absolutely recommend this show. My boyfriend who rarely watches T.V let alone a show about women loves this one. When asked he said that even though this show is funny it always ends with something to reflect on. I can't say enough good things about this show, watch it and you will know what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars My god I am going to miss these girls..., June 2, 2003
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
As most of you know, SEX is now going into it's 6th and final season. Thankfully, the brilliance of this amazing show has been preserved on DVD (and VHS). From Miranda's pregnancy, to Charlotte's divorce, to Carrie's broken engagement, to Samantha's broken heart, the 4th season shows the girls proving that their characters go much deeper than just SEX. What I loved most about this season was how each lady endured a major event in her life, but still remained true to the very essence of her character. Samantha fell in love, yet still remained a 'wild child' of sorts. Carrie and Aidan became engaged, but she stilled remained the same insecure person she always was who loves to analyze everything to death. Miranda became pregnant, but found out that she enjoyed her life the way it was (with or without baby), and Charlotte remained a true believer in marriage and love (even though her fairly brief marriage fell apart). This has been a very careful balancing act on the part of the writers. Have the characters evolve, but allow them to stay true to who they really are. A tough job, but pulled off beautifully. This, I think, is what has kept the show so interesting. The characters themselves haven't changed. Instead, they have experienced a number of different situations in their lives which display their true, and deeper, colors. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Each episode guarantees a bona fide cackle, September 25, 2002
KatBayAreaGirl "trippinshiva" (Santa Barbara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Sex and the City exposes and delves into many taboo sexual, as well as societal topics in a remarkably quirky and amusing manner. The dialogue is sharp, uninhibited, funny, and gives an exceptionably good look inside the female psyche. I love this show because it makes you care about these four characters, laugh, and live vicariously through their charming situations, not to mention the 'fashion show' these characters strut each and every episode. It can make even the most casual of woman want to run out and purchase a pair of Manolo Blahnik sandals ... Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte will keep you coming back for more through their drama, comedy, heartache, headaches, loves, shopping sprees, new horizons, and defining moments through-out the fourth season.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorites, March 9, 2004
This review is from: Sex and the City: Season 4 (DVD)
This season features some of my favorite episodes of my all-time favorite show. Since I have found SATC and the "New Sex Now" dvd, my life has been transformed 1000% for the better.

Sex and the City: Season 4
Sex and the City: Season 4 by Kim Cattrall (DVD - 2003)
$24.98 $17.49