Sex Hex
Price:$14.98 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 26, 2007
Although this is not quite a sequel to George Freeway's My Vampire Lover, there are parallels that suggest that the original film's premise, a lesbian vampire preying on unsuspecting young women, has evolved a little. Chip the cable guy has morphed into Carl the ex-cable guy, now vampire hunter. Carl is played by Clancy Fitzsimmons (a.k.a. John Fedele) who turns in an impressively manic performance. "Sex Hex" is also written and directed by George Freeway who, as in "My Vampire Lover", also has a minor role in the proceedings here.

Sabrina Faire takes the lead as the mysterious Diane. A seemingly innocent secretary, she is in fact a vampire who satiates herself by gorging on the psychic sexual energy of her victims. To this end we have Jackie Stevens, AJ Khan, Darian Caine, Sativa Verte and Molly Heartbreaker as her unwitting prey. Diane is seen at various points topping up her power by means of ritualistic witchery. Thus powered up, she is able to telepathically pair her victims up for lesbian capers that we can all enjoy. Unless, of course, you prefer your lesbian vampire stories to be a little more traditional. There are no fangs, no blood, and our leading vamp takes no part in the couplings that she arranges. She's quite the voyeur, though, and she takes her clothes off quite frequently, too.

All the aforementioned ladies are lovely to behold, but the sex scenes are marred by the overuse of soft filter. This has the effect of blurring too much of the picture frame. Although the action is not impeded by this, it is disconcerting at times. I wish makers of sex films would stop with the visual effects: that's not why we buy them, guys.

As for the comedy, John Fedele is quite adept at this having had bags of experience on many of Seduction Cinema's offerings, both as an actor and as a director of photography. He is particularly good at playing the socially awkward, nitwit (see Vampire's Seduction,Vampire Vixens and Mistress Frankenstein for other examples of this). In "Sex Hex", he can be seen hurling sexual obscenities at his pencil sharpener. . . .

Molly Heartbreaker is definitely my favorite tattooed lady. Her look has a gothic appearance to it that would suggest that she perhaps would have been more suited to the lead role. This is not to suggest that Sabrina Faire puts in a poor performance, far from it. It's just that Molly has the more standard look of a vampire, but she ends up playing a psychiatrist. Sabrina looks more like a psychiatrist, but ends up playing a vampire. However, we are rewarded in the bonus material with a naked Molly Heartbreaker showing us her tattoos. She obviously has a thing for fire as she has tattooed flames at various points on her body, "This is my burning bush," she explains. And very nice it is too. The bonus material also includes a behind the scenes featurette and an interview with Sabrina Faire.

If you enjoy cheap, soft-core sex comedies such as those mentioned above, then you'll probably enjoy this. If you don't, you probably won't.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 22, 2015
Verified Purchase
I'm Thinking I've Said This Before But This Has Ladies That Weren't Hit With an Ugly Stick And It's The Only thing These DVDs Have Going for it!
on March 27, 2012
Verified Purchase
There is a short supply of women in this film but they are all sexy. The bad acting almost overshadowed the point of the movie. Which I'm not exactly sure if there was one or not, just some idiot rambling on about the main actress being a vampire. In reality this may only deserves 2 stars but the women were so sexy that I still have it in my dvd player. Just skip to the next girl-on-girl seen and you'll be just fine. Happy Fapping :)
Verified Purchase
The acting was second rate, the script seemed thrown together as well. I;ve seen better spoofs about vampires for the same price.