Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 19, 2013
Sex In The Sanctuary was an excellent read! The characters were lovable, except for King. This book pulled on my emotions and I found myself so emotionally supportive of his wife, that I wanted to befriend her. I enjoyed the relationship all the First Ladies shared. In this time of pseudo-reality shows, Sex In The Sanctuary describes an organization that debunks the stereotypical portrayal of how black women do not have positive relationships with one another. This was so refreshing. Don't get me wrong, it was scandalous, and there was drama and comedic relief. Lutishia Lovely, paints a picture of all the male characters so vividly, that u envision a variety of GQ centerfolds for these men. As I read it, I could see it as a motion picture. I was truly saddened when I finished. It was a page turner. I grabbed my tablet to read Sex In The Sanctuary on my Kindle APP, every time I had a free moment.

Divine Divas of Literature, Chicago,Ill
on August 27, 2011
This book introduces the reader to Derrick and Vivian, who have a marriage for all to envy; Tai and King, who deal with infidelity and how it can destroy a marriage.I enjoyed this book, because it tells the truth about what actually goes on in the everyday lives of First Families. There were alot of issues discussed that don't cross the minds of parishioners...adultery, fornication, mental disease, self-esteem. etc. All who are straight-laced and perfect, should not read this book. For all those who want to read a good book...this is for you.
on November 20, 2014
I love the book. I think this is the first of the Hallelujah series. I have read all 8 books and every one of them gets 5 stars. Read them in order and keep reading through "the 11th commandment". You will be glad you did. You will experience every emotion AND you can relate to the situations along with visualize the characters. I like the cover of this one. It allows you to use your own imagination for what the characters look like. Great story, great great great. This series is awesome for book clubs.
on October 6, 2013
First of all I would like to start off by saying, before I started to read Sex in the Sanctuary I read a couple of reviews and the ones that got my attention were the ones that stated that this was NOT a Christian read; however when this book was recommended I was told it was Christian fiction....

With that being said, if this not a Christian, then I don't know what is...This was real life christianity not say that some of the action of Gods people were right, but we are all human and we all fall short of Gods Word & they are true events that happen in the church world everyday. I love the way Lutishia Lovely presented her story "NOT SUGAR CODED". A must read and looking forward to more of Derrick, Vivian, King (umph the verdict is still out on him), Tai, Sexy Cy and Hope!
on April 10, 2011
This is the first book that I've read by this author but it certainly won't be my last. This book was good from beginning to end. Be warned that this is not the book for you if you are offended by the scandalous things that take place in many churches these days.
on February 17, 2008
I loved the book...I was looking at the reviews and let me start off by saying that this book is not a Christian fiction book. It's fiction and it tells us what happens inside of a Christian family and on the Church grounds.

Now to make a long story short this book deals with a christian foundation with Vivian and Tai. Both are bestfriends and also first ladies of their husband churches. Vivian has the perfect life with her husband and Tai is going through hell with hers. When things goes wrong Tai runs to Vivian for advice. But will she take Vivian or God Advice?

Now you have Cy and he is the Millionaire and all the women in the church has their eye on him. But he only have an eye for one lady of the church. All the ladies does things to get his attention but Millicent will go way beyond the call from God to get his attention. The things Millicent do to get his attention shock the church that nobody will never... forget. She says it's God that tell her Cy is hers but is it really God that she is talking to her?

This author brings the book to life by taking you into the drama of the church that keeps you laughing. It's someone in this book that you can relate to. I highly recommend this book to all
on October 8, 2007
Realizing that there are different styles of writing and different ways to tell a story, I hesitate to be critical. This story was sometimes hard for me to follow/keep up with. I was somewhere between 1/2 way and 3/4 of the way through it before I became comfortable with the style, was able to enjoy reading it and was also able to resume my normal reading speed. Again, I am NOT saying that the writing is bad. It was just not the style that I usually read for enjoyment. Although much of it is probably very true, I was taken aback by the use of profanity throughout the novel - especially by the pastor's wives etc. It's not that people probably don't do that in real life but it wasn't what I expect when I look for Christian fiction. I will admit that it bothered me but again, different strokes for different folks. I would never tell an author how to express his or herself when creating a story. The overall storyline was good and authentic as (given the current state of some of our religious leaders) it could have easily been pulled from USA Today. I look forward to the sequel b/c Millicent was a trip! LOL
on May 27, 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the first page to the last. This story is not your typical church book. I felt like the author actually told the TRUTH about church people. You have Tai, The First Lady who is married to King the pastor of Mount Zion Progressive Baptist Church. King is no perfect husband and sure isn't a good example of a pastor. He takes Tai through it with his ungodly ways.

Then there's Vivian, Tai's best friend who counsels and stays by Tai's side to help her through everything King puts her through. And oh my goodness, there's Millicent. She's beautiful, intelligent but only has eyes for one man who doesn't have eyes for her..wait til you read and find out how far she will go to make his eyes stay on her! And there's Hope..she's single..saved and looking in all the wrong places for a man.

Lutishia Lovely did an excellent job writing this story! She took time to bring each character to life and I love how detailed she is! She is now one of my favorite authors!

Highly recommended!
on February 22, 2007
This book may have been fiction but I know personally women who have experienced the situations in this book. This is a great read from the beginning to the end and I was sad too when this story ended. The bright side is the author put an excerpt at the end of this book that lets you know that story is not over at least for one couple. I can hardly wait for the next installment to come out!
on May 26, 2012
This book pulls you in and keep you reading. I would to have a mother inlaw like the one in this novel and attend a SOS meeting just as much. These first ladies spoken truth , love and the hate, then added a side of sexy to SEX IN THE SANCTUARY. I love the bible scripture to cross reference back to my own life. This novel had me crying, lol and had me missed the opening act of my daughters play. Yes, it's that good. Ok, download this on kindle and get to reading . Learn what a pee pee is- u will never guess.. Ask this mother in law