Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Format: Audio CDChange

on March 27, 2014
First off, I'm a 63 year old DJ, and I'm not a prude. I own seven of Enrique's previous albums. I bought the Deluxe version of "Sex and Love". But I have to ask myself why someone with so much talent and so much to offer the world, has to resort to the vulgarities so often associated with pop music these days? That's why I gave it four stars. Unnecessary innuendo, and questionable lyrics.

Mr. Iglesias should consider that not all his listeners are the youth of the world, looking for titillation. I won't go as far as someone else did, and refer to Enrique as a pervert...but more likely, he's the victim of his handlers, that have convinced him it is necessary to slip into this technique, to remain popular.

Now...on the other hand, I do feel that it is a pretty darn good album, with several danceable songs on it. This may sound contrary to my earlier statement, but most of my audience is over fifty...and I doubt they will be listening to the lyrics. They will enjoy the beat and the sound. They will dance to it.

In my opinion, the best cut is the duet with Marco Antonio Solis...without a doubt, my favorite Latin artist...bar none. I especially enjoyed the Bachata version of "El Perdedor". I would like to see both Iglesias and Solis each make a Bachata album. Overall, "Sex and Love" is a good album, that could have been better...
22 comments27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
Very song is so good.
Great dance music.
Enrique does it again!
Yes buy it n enjoy his fabulous self.
on August 22, 2014
My wife is happy with this romantic cd music; she likes "el perdedor" tittle
on August 24, 2014
Great collaborations with some of the hottest artists in the business.
on August 22, 2014
la cancion es linda y el regeton cubano es encantador.
on November 22, 2014
This album is another great masterpiece by Enrique Iglesias. All this songs change with the style of music of the time, but he still keeps it his own and original. He knows his audience and is in tune with them. Great CD!
on August 20, 2014
Sex and Love (Deluxe)

I bought the Sex & Love cd d'Enrique Iglesias and first, really don't care about the title; it could have been better. The songs that I like are mostly in the Spanish language because this is where Enrique thrives. Enrique is very sensual when he sings in Spanish eventhough I don't understand some of the words but I love listening to "El Perdedor", "Loco", "Bailando" regular versions and my most favorite is "Me Cuesta Tanto Olvidarte". I also like "There goes my baby" very upbeat and refreshing when driving in the traffic in the morning (makes me want to dance). I don't care much about vulgarity, please stay away from it. The rap music I am sorry to say it, is not for Enrique.

My review about this CD is very good and will give it a 4.5 stars not 5 stars because of some vulgarities in the cd. Enrique needs to trust himself about his talent and should not be afraid to sing alone means less featured guests unless he has too. Enrique needs to focus more on using his natural and beautiful voice not simulated through electronic devices just look at his father, Julio Iglesias, who uses his powerful voice to convey his message of love and happiness. Enrique go back to who you are and don't let people influence you because you're good.
on June 16, 2014
One of his best love the collaborations with Marco Antonio Solis, Romeo Santos, Wisell Yandel , love song # 3, not a big fan of Pit Bull, but that's ok Enrique even makes him better.
on April 28, 2014
Enrique used to be so good. His first Spanish albums, and his first two English albums. He was sensual, romantic, sweet, and used real instruments. The kind that real bands and real orchestras use. Now he's a middle aged pig, who traded in all that made him appealing, in order to make a buck. This music has no soul. It's synthetic trash that will not stand the test of time. It may not even stand the test of this summer. This is just more "I'm f----- you tonight". The cover shows his face blocking an unknown woman's vagina. She's covering his eyes. Is she a stranger and he's about to find out who he hired? Does he know who she is and she's about to surprise him? What could the surprise be? A second woman? Does it matter?

It's time to stop buying and giving in to celebrities and letting them string us along for their ride. It's hard to say goodbye to someone who feels like a friend who's done us wrong. But when a friend stops benefiting us, and starts harming us- and I consider his messages and even his sound, harm- it's time to let them go. There are other friends out there. Might I recommend Josh Groban.
55 comments8 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
An album where you can listen to all the tracks! Enrique is definitely talented, but this is by far my favorite collection of this songs.

Well worth the purchase.