Curiosity 2 Seasons 2012
1. Plane Crash In a TV first, Discovery Channel remote control crashes a 727 plane into the desert...all in the name of science. With cameras and crash test dummies on board, leading experts attempt to capture a plane crash as it unfolds to help improve airline safety.
2. The Devil's Triangle Ships disappear, planes vanish into thin air. Researchers turn to science to explain the mysteries surrounding the Bermuda Triangle. Could methane bubbles, rogue waves or lightening be responsible? Scientists put all 3 theories to the ultimate test.
3. I Was Mummified One scientist is on a quest to answer an ancient mystery: how did the Egyptians perfectly preserve mummies? A terminally ill man offers up his body. Now, for the first time in over a millennium, researchers practice the art of mummification.
4. Brainwashed Are we truly in command of our own minds? To find out, a group of leading experts and researchers embark on an audacious experiment to see if ordinary people can be brainwashed and turned into assassins.
5. Sex in America The Univ. of Indiana conducted the most thorough census of Americans' sex life since the 1940's. In partnership with the Kinsey Institute, Discovery Channel conducts exclusive research and experiments that explore what Americans are really up to in bed.
6. Megastorm Hurricane Sandy is one of the most treacherous storms to hit the US. CURIOSITY goes on the ground with those who experienced the event first hand and uncovers how distinct phenomena combined to create the perfect storm and how to prepare for the next one.
7. Mankind Rising Captured in a single, animated time lapsed shot, and based on the latest archeological findings, we trace our epic journey from the first spark of life billions of years ago up to our present status as the most successful species on the planet.
8. Volcano Time Bomb Predicting volcanic eruptions is nearly impossible. Using CGI and the latest technologies, leading experts take us into the heart of a volcano to show how they work and reveal the latest methods that might help predict the next eruption.
9. What Destroyed the Hindenburg? Curiosity presents: There are dozens of theories about how Hindenburg blew in May 1937. Now, a team of aeronautical engineers will build 3 perfectly accurate 50 ft. replicas and put leading theories to the test to find what really destroyed Hindenburg.
10. X-Ray Yellowstone Curiosity presents:From predicting a volcanic eruption, to why wolves are decimating the elk population, Yellowstone researchers have many questions.New imaging technologies and live unfolding events, allow scientists to expose the wonders of this park.
11. Sun Storm Curiosity presents: Our star is entering a new phase of violent activity But what do we really know about the sun and its inner workings? In a visual first, we create a virtual sun and set the world's solar scientists on an expedition through the sun.
|Starring||Will Millender, Mark O'Neal|
|Producers||Ken Druckerman, John Marks, Michael Mezaros, Mary Robertson, Banks Tarver, Kevin Vargas|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Would be 5 stars but it is MISSING my favorite episode and they are numbered wrong!!
Episode 5 should be Battlefield Cell an amazing story of how viruses attack our body and... Read more
I use this video in a STEM Class to highlight the process in which scientists and engineers go through to design an experiment to solve a problem. Great VideoPublished 23 months ago by JPB
I loved this documentary that took four years to produce. It's very suspenseful in how the plane crash was planned and how the production team had to overcome so many obstacles. Read morePublished on September 1, 2013 by Enrique Velasco
I purchased this episode only to find out immediately after my purchase that for just one dollar more I could have purchased the HD version. Read morePublished on July 2, 2013 by Jared