4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Twist on Marriage Help books...
Published on May 20, 2012 by Carrie R. Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars fair book
Felt that it was too wordy, seemed to focus a lot on why not having sex will cause you to have an affair. talks a lot about why we should and how its a good thing as a christian family but did not feel that it was extremely helpful.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Twist on Marriage Help books..., May 20, 2012
Carrie R. Walker (Greenville, SC, United States) - See all my reviews
When I saw that this book was available for review I thought it sounded like an interesting twist on your typical marriage help books and I was eager to read it. While I sincerely believe that my husband and I have a very good marriage, I figured that there would still be something that we could gain from this book. I started reading the book and it did not disappoint. While yes, the book does definitely focus on having an intimacy with your spouse - it goes beyond that! It covers so many excuses that we let crop into our lives that lead us away from "becoming one" in our marriages.

One of my favorite chapters was actually the first chapter because it covered the differences between men and women and how we think. I couldn't believe how accurate it was! I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised since this is written from a husband and wife team that have been married for over 30 years, but it still amazed me.

I think that this book would be very helpful for any marriage. Even if you have a solid marriage - it will help to solidify your marriage. If your marriage seems to be shaky - it can help you to get it back on track. This book even has a section at the end of each chapter called "Action Steps" for couples that are reading this together and are getting ready to embark on the "Sexperiment". While this book is written for married couples, it also has a section at the end of the chapter called "Before You Do" for engaged couples and "The Yoke is Not a Joke" for those that are still dating. I really appreciated the fact that over and over in these sections they made a point to say that this experiment is only for you once you are married, but there are things that you can consider before you are in that situation.

I received this book for free from FaithWords in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review. All words and thoughts in this review are my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Was Skeptical At First ..., March 20, 2012
Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse

The Sexperiment is about a challenge for married couples in the church where Ed Young serves as lead pastor to make love for seven consecutive days. The quotes used by co-authors Ed and Lisa Young in this book would lead a reader to believe that the sexperiment has revolutionized some marriages.

When I first began reading about the sexperiment I was immediately drawn to the question, "What would make this sexperiment so beneficial (beyond the obvious)?" In other words, I wanted to know if this whole thing was just a gimmick used to draw in the curious crowd. If it's more than a gimmick, why did the sexperiment have such a big impact. And throughout the book those questions stayed at the forefront of my mind.

Eventually I found myself satisfied when I realized that gradually my questions were answered. I believe the Youngs' answer to this question is that the arrangements a couple has to make in order to make love for seven consecutive days set possible precedents for the immediate future for that couple.

For example, in order to make love seven consecutive days, a married couple would have to prioritize making their sex life above all the other items of life that take our time. When a married couple gets so busy that they don't have time for one another, the sexperiment can help them re-order their lives.

Another example: by the third (or possibly fourth!) day, the husband is not likely making love to satisfy his sexual energy (at least this would be true for most men). So now he can focus on making love to serve her needs, which at that point are not likely sexual in nature by then, either. He may focus on her need for emotional intimacy, using the physical closeness to enhance emotional intimacy.

By the end of the book I was convinced that for some couples, the sexperiment could be a very valid exercise. It was an enjoyable read and Ed and Lisa Young managed to get me past my skepticism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read and Advice on Relationship Building, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse (Paperback)
This is a very straight forward book on relationship development. It's not just about sex, but more about how to enhance, develop, kindle, and rekindle a relationship for the long-haul. It is biblically based and easy to read. It flows very smoothly from one aspect of relationship development to the next. Of course the whole premise is based on the fact that God created Sex to be a good thing and not the distorted view that is often associated with it. I definitely suggest it for couples developing a relationship or trying to enhance a marraige.

3.0 out of 5 stars fair book, August 15, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much..., February 16, 2013
This book has lots of good and valid points that would indeed strengthen a marriage. However, the approach and the opinions of the author are lacking. The book is based on biblical principal, but the author uses examples from his own marriage throughout the book that really make you question his character then explains to you how he was right by God in his thoughts and actions. Maybe the husband and wife coauthors have problems (mainly with lusting after others) that my husband and I don't have. But some of his statements were shocking to both of us. So while some of the content is excellent, it's a little tough to take when you read something so distasteful. If you already have a good marriage, this book will do nothing for you, except maybe spark conversation about how blessed you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectation!, May 12, 2014
I really liked this book and will forever keep it to share with my future husband. I considered myself pretty well-informed when it comes to marriage but I've never really seen it from a thorough bible perspective. It's mind-blowing to know how amazing marriage could be if you prioritize it before anything else under the sun. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, June 1, 2013
My daughter told me about this book so I thought why not...It is an awsome book and I would tell anybody this is a must have for any marriage. If you are already close this book will just bring you closer, if you are drifting away from each other this book is a for sure think to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best marriage book I've read so far..., April 14, 2013
This book is amazing for married couples as well as singles looking to narrow down the search for a mate. Great biblical examples. wonderful humorous real life examples. Great wisdom is in this book if your willing to try it out....Are you up for the challange?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great help a must read to help couples have stronger ..., July 24, 2014
A Great help a must read to help couples have stronger and closer relationships with each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, March 6, 2013
Good overall book. Easy read. Brings forth some very important topics and talking points. I recommend this book to married and singles looking to get a better understanding of God's plan and purpose for sex.

Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse
Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse by Ed Young (Paperback - January 8, 2013)
$14.99 $12.48