5.0 out of 5 stars Find out what's between their ears -- and other places -- before you hit the sheets.
I happened upon this book while perusing the shelves at my local library. I was lingering by the "133.5" section when its bright-red cover caught my eye. After reading the title, I knew that I would be taking it home. I thumbed through the pages to my own section and that of my partner. I didn't find anything too objectionable, so I checked it out.

Unlike a...
Published on January 15, 2007 by Heather L. Parisi

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings
I am an astrology book junkie, and this one is very interesting to say the least. it is loads of fun for everyone to read. the style is refreshingly open and down-to-earth, yet it also goes deeper than other books i have read.
i had a hard time with this book in the sense that my pet peeve is when it is obvious that the author(s) are biased about a certain sign or...
Published on April 12, 2005 by D. biesanz

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced, Inclusive, Applicable Astrology, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
This book has been one of my "go-to" astrology books for eight years. It's dense with information, provides an objective critique of all signs that neither caters or degrades the reader. As with most things in life, an amount of objectivity when reading astrology books is needed. If you seek out astrology to reaffirm your identity, fluff up your ego, and feel better about yourself--you're missing the point--which is self-evolution. If you allow you're ego to dictate the perceived quality of a book, based upon the book's ability to tell you you're great and don't need to change a thing, do yourself a favor and ditch astrology. You've already missed the entire point of the science--TO BETTER OURSELVES. This book provides a female and male personality analysis of each sign, as well as a straight and gay personality for each sign gender. Most astrology is heteronormative, this book takes into consideration contemporary culture and sexual identities. I find this text especially useful when getting to know someone new. My favorite detail of this book is the short list of kinks for each personality. Very insightful and indicative of personal traits. Three cheers for Starsky & Cox!

3.0 out of 5 stars Francisca, October 28, 2012
Some stuff was true, other wasn't. If you trully want it, buy it.
Otherwise don't. I didn't feel it was talking either about me
or my husband, so it left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only astrology book youll ever need!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
Best most IN DETAIL dead on astrology book I have ever read. Definitely a must have reference keep on the nightstand to understand anyone you are having questions about!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very suprised!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
A must read, it was referred to me. There were a few things that was very spot on and if you ever want to know what makes different signs tick...this is a good book to reference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Precise, Accurate, Revolutionary, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
Starsky and Cox nailed each sign with information that was perfectly accurate and precise. As I read Aries to my husband he sat there with his mouth open saying they don't know me and he had this quirky little smile on his face, admitting they had nailed him exactly. It is amazing how they delivered with precision the details of each sign. I have read and studied astrology for many years and never found another book as informative and accurate as this one. The signs in the book address the positives and negatives and what was truly amazing was the information on the complexity of the earth signs [Taurus, Virgo and Capricorns] and Pisces. These signs are the most confounding and confusing of the zodiac, however upon reading their descriptive explanations as to why these signs are designed as they are, revelations of information flood you with knowledge about how to cope with them and understand how to push their on and off buttons and how to avoid conflicts. Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Aquarious and Sagittarius are amazing reads and their personalities are quite different, unique and easily understandable. Cancer and Scorpio are without much fanfare and deeply dedicated to family. If you want to learn about the intricate details and workings of each sign as well as the parental connections each likely had and how family relates together, this is the book to read. My Hubby said, "How did they get all this information, it's amazing what they know and it's right on". "Were they there at each conception?" It appears they were.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generally seems accurate, August 21, 2011
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
I'm not super into astrology, and in fact I disbelieve a great deal of it; but due to the region of the country I'm in being sort of an elephant's graveyard for old hippies, it's a popular belief and so accepted by me to a point. A friend of mine recommended this book after he thought its description of him was uncannily accurate, and I found the descriptions for my own sign to also be mostly correct. I found it actually a very good description for zodiac signs in general -- you can just stop reading before you get to all the sex stuff to see what it says about your friends, family, etc.

The flaws I find in most of the chapters are usually about how the authors want to describe what the parents of a person of each sign are like (which not only did I find inaccurate, but really wouldn't the parent's own sign be more influential over their own personality than what time of year their kid happened to be born?) and, also, an effort to describe what people of a certain sign would tend to look like was made (again, I found it none too accurate, and I don't see how astrology would overcome genetics.)

My actual sexual experiences are a bit too limited to be able to compare against the better majority of the book's descriptions on that subject, but I did find amusingly accurate descriptions of evenings I'd experienced recounted as typical behaviors for men of the corresponding star signs. For my own sign I found most of what it said as far as bedroom habits to be correct, with the exception that it claimed my sign "loves" a certain act which in truth is just about the only thing I won't do.

This is actually the only astrology book I ever bought for myself, so I can let that be its testimony on how valuable I found it.

(Edit: November, 2013)
After having this book for a few years and putting it to the test, I think it's extremely accurate. It's even to the point where I can identify certain people's zodiac signs based on how they dress (like the guy who had a handlebar mustache and was wearing some weird 1980s sweatervest and old-man shoes, was clearly a Capricorn.) My complaints about the parents and about most physical features still stand, and I question the list of "turn ons" with each sign (seems like if you just list 20 random sex acts, someone will incline to find a certain percentage of them appealing), but the personality stuff tends to be dead-on.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read, but that's about it..., August 9, 2011
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
I see a lot of people have already commented that either a. it was sooo accurate, or b. it is garbage because there's a lot of other factors that make up your astrological profile besides just your zodiac sign... Well, I read this book, or parts of it, and i was blown away by the excellent and insightful descriptions of each sign. Whether they are accurate or not is a moot point. Astrology is only true if you believe in it, and from a a strictly subjective viewpoint, I would say it's only about 30% accurate if at all...
Many of the generalizations, especially about sexual preferences could be made by anyone... It's like taking a wild guess that leo enjoys oral sex or aries enjoys ____ sex. It's to be taken for fun, guys. Anyone that buys this book hoping to gain some magical knowledge of themselves or others is going to be disappointed, because that's not the purpose of this book. If you don't know who YOU are, who does? ya know? Overall, it's an excellent book for entertainment value and fun, but it's laughable to think any book (besides perhaps the bible) is going to have the power to transform you into a more enlightened / happy individual. You can only become spiritually evolved by looking inside yourself. And one more warning, if you find things in this book that are "scarily accurate" please don't go running to fortune tellers and the like to "get deeper" - noone knows the future, if they do, they could be wrong, and you should never make any major life decisions based on a fortune teller or astrologer's advice. It's nonsense. It may give you a feeling of power to have this Knowledge you never had access to before, and it may work in your favor, in the SHORT term, but it's only going to lead you further astray as you become more vulnerable to other types of occult and those seeking to take advantage of desperate people.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love reading astrology books!, April 21, 2011
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
I had this book years ago and lost it when my house burned down. Although I love to read many different types of books, this is one that is fun. Especially when you have over friends and we are astrological info to each and determine if we are compatable! :}

5.0 out of 5 stars !! YES !!, December 11, 2010
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
Finally an astrology book that covers ALL the expressions of Human being and their relationships!
For a book that one might imagine is a coffee table 'conversation' piece, it is extremely PROFOUND!
( the pretty , modern cover graphics still make it a coffee table piece!)
As a student of astrology for over 12 years I find this one of my most valuable gems... (surprisingly I had it recommended to my by an erotic liason partner!
LOL
A great investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guilty Pleasure, even if you never cared for Astrology, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes (Paperback)
I one night googled the words "libra sextrology" because it came to mind, uncertain as to where the word sextrology came from, it seemed familiar, but I wasn't for certain. I stumbled upon a blog entry with Libra female's whole exerpt, it's a huge exerpt! Regardless, I stayed up reading it all night, it was so captivating, I bought the book. Which seems pointless having read the book, but since I've showed it to various people all of which love it.

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa71855f4)

Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes
Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes by Starsky + Cox (Paperback - January 6, 2004)
$22.99 $19.89