Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2012
Summed up: this stuff is awesome!

To be honest, I've never spent much on hair products. But I saw this at the drug store and thought I'd give it a shot. I have long, thick hair, that's kinda prone to breakage, and my dad's curly hair and mom's silky-straight hair combined to give me hair that is frizzy half the time, and oily-looking the other half.

So here's my method:
After shower (shampoo 2x with Aussie, no conditioner [my hair gets too oily w/ conditioner]) I'll comb my hair out, towel dry, comb again, towel again. Then I put a dime-sized amount of the Soy Renewal in my palm, and rub my hands together (I have thick hair down past my shoulder blades, so you only need a little bit!).
Flip head upside down, pat the ends of my hair with my palms, then pat all over my hair, flip my hair to one side and then the other, still patting. I finish with hair at the top of my head (by which point my palms are basically dry) and then brush the oil through.
The reason I pat is to get the Soy Renewal all through my hair, without applying too much in any one spot (and especially not too much on top!) I also try to avoid blow-drying, or at least try to blow-dry on the low, cool setting.

I did this for every shower when I first got the Soy Renewal, then reduced it to twice a week now, to just keep a healthy silkiness in my hair. Sometimes, if I'm rushed, I'll put a little in, blow dry, then rub a tiny amount all over my hair to calm the blow-outs. It is soooo much softer now, doesn't fly away or frizz out, and I feel comfortable with wearing it down. So far I've had it a couple of months, and that $20 bottle is only *maybe* a third gone.

I should mention that this was probably not intended as a styling mechanism like hairspray or gel. My boyfriend's dad got a hold of my Soy Renewal one day, and tried to gel his short hair with it. He ended up going to work with very very shiny hair, that had not moved from its original position.

Overall, it feels nice, it smells nice, it works well, and compared to other hair products, it is not that expensive at all (especially considering how far a little bit will go!) I would definitely recommend giving this a shot!
on November 1, 2011
I was getting a haircut and my stylist used this on my hair as a finisher. The oil made my hair feel really soft and it looked well hydrated so I bought a bottle for myself. This works great on kinky/curly hair.
on October 2, 2011
I have thick, waist-length hair, prone to frizz. Not curly, not straight. I've tried different smoothing products and serums in the past, but nothing has come close to this one. I did have my doubts when I saw that the size was 4.2 oz. And it seemed small when it came in the package. But I quickly found that all I need is a dime-sized dollop. This will last me quite a while. And really, I have no complaints. It makes my hair feel smooth, it eliminates more of the frizz than I've seen with other products. It also smells wonderful! Not too overpowering either.

Yes, it's a little pricey. But I've just gone through so many kinds of products, that its a total relief to finally come across one that works well. I don't mind spending a bit more. I would recommend it to anyone with dry or frizz-prone hair. Will definitely buy again.
on June 12, 2013
I bought this for the first time at a salon for $20. It is the best when you use it when your hair is damp or dry. When your hair is wet, it doesn't give the same shine. I have dyed my hair for 30 years (since I was 16). So it is dry and brittle looking. WIth this stuff, it looks smooth and silky! Ii just love it!
on April 20, 2013
I probably don't use it correctly, but basically I have wavy, thick hair that decides if it wants to be curly or straight. I use this product often after my hair has had a chance to dry a little from my shower. I really get a beautiful, healthy shine without frizz. I love how "happy" my hair looks, and how naturally vibrant it appears to be.
on October 9, 2015
This oil is perfect for my hair! I used this a few years ago then I tried a few other alternative argon oils including a spray oil and straight argan oil. I am not a big fan of the spray argan oils, but this keeps my air tamed and allows it to be itself without much hassle.
on June 28, 2015
Love this! My hair is kinda dry and can be frizzy in humidity so this smoothes it down! My friend tried it on her daughter bc she has thick coarse hair and Loved it. She said she didn't cry when brushing her wet hair anymore.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2015
Great product can't live without it. I use on the ends of my baby fine hair. Keeps them from getting split so fast. And it keeps my ends looking good until I can get my ends trimmed off between appointments.
on June 12, 2014
This stuff is really terrific. I had a bottle I bought at my salon and loved, then I tried to save money by switching to a low-cost brand. Big mistake! The other brand seemed watered down and I had to use a lot more with poor results. So I went back to Sexy Hair (Amazon offered a better price, btw) and I'm all smiles again! A small (nickel sized) amount of this product adds tons of softness and shine to my just below should length hair.
on February 16, 2015
If you or your wife needs help with calming frizzy hair or just keeping/getting it smooth, then you need to try this product. Ever since my wife tried this the first time, it became a staple in our bathroom. If it runs out, we're looking for more.