Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 16, 2012
I gave this to my father for Christmas. He has been out at our land chopping fire wood with it every weekend since then and has absolutely loved it. He hasn't had any issues with the splitting maul and it seems to be exactly what he was looking for.
on May 5, 2015
Yeah...this is an AWESOME axe!!!! It is just what I wanted! It has the weight and center of gravity to provide excellent cuts. It is durable and easy to sharpen. I do use a wood burning fire place and often chop wood from logs of various sizes. Don't by the axe from Sears...it didn't hold up!//Chuck
on June 6, 2014
The reason I ordered this particular maul was that I was looking for a maul with this head shape, without having to buy some $100+ European product. The maul I got was not shaped like the one pictured. It is shaped just like the ones I can get down the street, at the local hardware store. Granted, I didn't spend any more on it than I would have, locally. I'll keep it because I need a splitting maul, and that's what I got. Looks like it'll do the job, just fine, thus the three stars.
on November 16, 2012
I ordered a seymour 8lb maul and recieved a maul with a brand name of Structron. The item was shipped very quickly and works realy well, I just hope it will last a while.
on July 18, 2014
works great (at least as good as one it replaced). Nice head shape and edge for splitting.

I still have another cheaper one that I got at a hardware store. After some grinding and shaping, it's useable, but it taught me that you really need to invest a few extra bucks to get something to save your back later.
on February 4, 2014
There was no damage to the packaging, but the handle was "chewed up." If I was able to make a suggestion to the company, it would be, "set up a system to make sure each item is Ready of Sale before putting into packaging. I would return it and try again, but it would mean wait time that I just can't do.
on December 8, 2013
This arrived yesterday and I used it for 1/2 hour or so. I like the shape of the handle. It is oval so the head naturally faces straight down. The head is fairly standard design and splits well. I am concerned that the rubber right beneath where the head attaches to the handle is vulnerable. Already it is showing some minor tears. I'm hoping that the exposed rubber is purely cosmetic and that the maul will stay put without it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2014
My old maul, which I literally found on my property and fitted with a new handle took a lot of effort to split rounds (24+" red oak rounds). This mauls splits them apart with ease. I had to change my technique since I was so used to having to hank the maul out of the round multiple times to get it to split. This one worked like so well I was honestly surprised at how effective my first swing was.
on October 6, 2013
Heavy duty construction tore thru the logs I wanted to use it on. Use as a sledge on one side for wedges and as a splitter on the other. Built tuff and to last a long time. I'll use this for seasons to come.
on August 24, 2012
This maul does a great job of splitting seasoned wood. I tried it on some very fresh wood and would have needed a sledgehammer to help. However, ON the wood that I have stacked that is a year old or older, it split through them like butter. So far, I'm very happy with the purchase. Also, the shipping was really fast! It was delivered the day after I ordered it!

See 1 answered question