Hilarious. like all the awful stories Louise C.K. tells about his kids but better.

Yes, children are precious little angels sent from heaven in a basket, but its okay to make fun of them too. Made me feel like a great mom. And i'm a dad. So that's saying something.
Published on September 17, 2012 by _-_-_-_-_-_-_

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I thought
When I purchased this book I thought it would be a funny insight to the little things you try and get away with as parents. After I read it I felt like the auther does not like her kids and tries to justify really being a s***ty mom. Was not at all amused with the humor.
Published on December 12, 2012 by L. Whitaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious. like all the awful stories Louise C.K. tells about his kids but better, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud, September 9, 2012
If you can't answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions in the Sh*tty Mom quiz then I suggest you put this book down and walk away. It takes time to get a little perspective on the whole parenting thing so don't despair, in another year or two, or after another child or two, you will be ready to enjoy the irreverent advice and humour found in this tongue in cheek guide to motherhood.

Sh*tty Mom: The Guide for Good Enough Moms has a structure similar to the early parenting guides you read so intently while you were pregnant but with chapter headings such as "How To Hand Off the Newborn Who just Filled a Diaper" and "Stop Looking for a Great Babysitter and Settle for One who Shows Up", it lacks the traditional wise and scientifically proven judgements passed down from pediatricians whose own children were raised by their (bilingual) nannies.

Essentially this is a stand up comedy show script with lines written strictly for audience reaction. I couldn't help but snigger here and there and even laughed loud enough for my husband to ask 'what was so funny?' on occasion. There were scenes that went a little far, even for my relaxed mothering style, but I am sure a redneck somewhere thought they were hilarious.

Even though there is little in this book in the way of serious, or even legal, advice there is a kernel of wisdom buried under the snarky wit and carefree attitude of Sh*tty Mom. Parenting is, at times, exhausting, thankless, and insanely competitive. Sometimes "good enough" is the best you can do, and that's OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, August 28, 2012
Having 4 children, ages 25-14, this book cracked me up. A very tongue and cheek approach to parenting. I do remember the alarm going off early enough on a Saturday morning to make the 8 AM soccer game, and thinking " Is he/she EVEN going to play today...will they REALLY miss him/her?" A great read for seasoned and new parents alike!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for moms, March 9, 2013
I laughed out loud with every turn of the page! Incredibly hilarious! A definite recommended read for every mom or mom to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, March 20, 2013
I could not put this book down nor stop laughing!!! It is a must read for anyone with a sense of humor. Now I don't know what I will do with my 5 mins of spear mommy time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious book, March 20, 2013
This book cracked me up. It's a good read for anyone that is a mother or plans to be one. I'd even say its good for people that never wants kids. It takes a lighter approach to parenting and take some unnecessary pressure off. Plus you'll laugh a lot reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's your type of humor, November 6, 2012
There are a couple chapters from the book circulating on the Internet. If these make you laugh out loud then this is definitely your type of humor. I only wish the book didn't end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud Funny!, October 9, 2012
This is by far my favorite patenting book!! I feel like the authors have tapped my phone! My new go to gift for all my mom friends!!! Hilarious!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, September 23, 2012
The perfect book for a fun read. It says all of the things that a real mom thinks everyday. Everybody has had a Sh*tty Mom moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG Laughed and Laughed some more, April 16, 2013
If you are offended by rough language,then just stop right now and do not buy this book. If your a mom with a since of humor please purchase because it make u laugh and want to check your own mother status . Great read and I have recommended this book to my sister's and friends.

Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us
Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us by Karen Moline (Hardcover - September 1, 2012)
$19.95 $12.42